Originally Posted By: iLee

Do you have a source to back up your claim? Or are you just speculating?

A little bit of both smile

I highly doub't CPU makers have any interest to limit their customer base to please MS. I speculate it will not happen and would even bet on it smile

The article I read a person with no/little knowledge would believe it just reading the headline. What they actually say is that new specific features implemented in the upcoming CPU's won't be supported on older Windows OS. Nothing new and happend before when new technologies got implemented in the CPU.

The difference this time is that MS makes it sound like the sky is falling and Windows 10 will be your "only" OS option for future CPU's so you better upgrade now when it's "free" since you have no choice anyway.

I run Windows 7 SP1/Linux perfectly fine on a new Skylake and so does many others, in that case your information is 100% wrong.

IIRC some of those features only supported by Windows 10 they mentioned was facial recognition as alternative to passwords, network managers could update machines remotely can't remember more but to the missing features are no big deal for a user at home or even small bussineses.

Will see if I can dig up the link to the article.

/KC

>> It's all about teamwork! <<