My expectations?
I expect that a super fidelity A-10C simulation will have an environment suitably matching it. With things like a variety of theaters, actual weapons systems NOT stripped out by demand of the USAF, AI of both a friendly and enemy nature that is convincingly intelligent and stupid at times (because people are both), comms traffic to help solidify that impression, a randomized campaign where the outcome of one mission literally affects the next (not just branching to A or B), and a set of units in theater that reflects that theater realistically for the given time period.

Have I set the bar too low or too high?

Forgive me if I find ADI and radio frequencies and emergency sump pump durations of secondary importance to the extent that I don't want to wait 5 years to get another plane to such exacting specifications whilst simultaneously lamenting the world I'm flying it in.

In other words, enough time has been spent on the planes we have, not nearly enough has been spent on the rest. At least as far as released results, that is. They could've spent 100 man years on some of the things I've mentioned above, but as we don't have them it doesn't show.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter