Hey Ark,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, my apologies for not replying. Anyhow, regarding the main mount height, I agree it's a bit high when using a yoke compared to any plane I've flown that has a yoke but due to many reasons we couldn't make it any lower when we introduced the cockpit.

With that said we partnered with China's largest military & general aviation simulator manufacturer, and have developed a yoke mount to plug into the centre stick mounting post. While I sorta like this, I'm still leaning towards designing a main mount that drops down a bit. The difficult part is the crazy different sizes of yoke consoles, such as how crazy long the Saitek Cessna console is compared to more standard setups, and we haven't even gotten into the high end stuff that I've seen some of our customers using. Anyhow, just know you're not left hanging, it just takes me time to get inspired to design, but pretty soon we'll have a solution for ya man wink

In the meantime it's an easy fix to raise the seat though. Just put some spacers under the seat rails, and we have some customers using wood, fab'd steel, whatever you're comfortable with, and then you just get longer bolts to accommodate the difference in length. Outta the box our seat bolts are 50mm long if memory serves.

Re anyone under 6ft not being able to enjoy the cockpit for sim racing or flight sim's, thousands of customers around world that are mostly under 6ft, especially here in Asia, and they are having a blast in their obutto cockpits! For racing, I designed both our cockpits to achieve a proper race driving position. Sadly, most simracers set their steering wheels far too low, but since I had always tracked my own car I knew the importance of a proper race driving position as it makes a huge difference with car control. Here's a page I've always had on our site's over the past 7yrs to hopefully shed some light to all the simracers out there Proper Race Driving Position

Hope this helps man, and in case you haven't already, pop by the obutto forums to keep up to date on what we're upto wink

To everyone else, sry I vanished again but been uber busy with all the business'y part of obutto. I'll be around more though, and will try to keep all you guys/gals updated with some cool stuff we're coming out with in the near'ish future wink All the best!

Chris

Last edited by obutto; 10/11/13 10:35 AM.