Originally Posted By: Hpasp
Hi,

This sim is really done by one otherwise working guy, in his non existent free-time.
I see very little to be twit about it, but I will try to keep you up to date about the development here.

Now, all the Vega RPC modes are in place (MHI, full/half-FKM, FM, NCTR, Vcr, etc...).
The missiles are preparing up, and can be launched, but not guiding, as the guidance code should have yet to be written.
(It uses completely different guidance methods [proportional, and combined] compared to the earlier systems)

The distant roar of the launched missile (we are sitting in the K2V cabin, that is ~1km from the launchers) is in place.
They are accelerating over Mach3 in 3 sec after launch...
thumbsup

The jamming section is not touched yet, as one of the main task of the Vega was to kill stand off jammers, so it is a bit complicated.
The documentation should yet to be written in English and Hungarian at least.

The next release will contain only Hungary, and Asuluk, to be able to release it earlier, and the system could be practiced.
Only later the "Giant Reach", "Operation Tallin", and "Operation Prairie Fire" will be released.

There will be an additional option tickbox, to be able to use the sim in silent mode.
grunt

Some interesting info about the V-880E missile.
- It is a hypersonic design, reaching 6.5Mach maximum.
- When it is aimed against low targets, it reduces its thrust to limit the heating caused by friction of the dense air, to Mach3.
- It reaches max range () in 3,5 minutes
- max altitude is 40,8km
- max range is 255km (but it is limited by several factors)

Some interesting info about the P14 (Tall King) target acquisition radar.
- It is really tall. (over 10m)
- Max range is 600km
- Its range is limited by the Earth's curvature. (at 600km range, anything below 20km altitude is below the horizon)

Sounds like it's coming along nicely. I had no idea that the radar could see THAT far, lol. Will it be possible to use the SA-5 in existing scenarios in the first release? I'd love to introduce myself to some of those Israeli aircraft that always turned around just outside of my SA-4's range. smile