Quote:
Originally posted by Sepp:
Having given the game a good go it's more than obvious that the developers had about as much passion and pride in this release as your average man has in putting together a cheese and pickle sandwich. Sloppy, drippy, half-arsed, lazy and definitely not cooked (well toasted though). Not even attempted to be finished, just slapped together and dumped out the back door. No, come on chaps, I'm having a good laugh here, imagining them dragging it over to the back door, leading to a dank alleyway, opening it and kicking it out..."Gah on, feck orf attafit, we're done wiv ya!" \:D

Yes, I'm aware of the myriad fixes being posted, I've implemented some myself...but how many are there now? And how time consuming? The one that fixes the propensity for the a/c to fall apart in mid air as soon as they get hit in a wing by a couple of bullets...I've extracted the a/c data files, and see multiple entries for each component that needs to be changed from "HEAVY" or "DESTROYED" to "DISABLED". Gee, you know what, I thought that was what I'd paid my money for, that the guys selling the game were supposed to have done all that...researched the subject, established what bullets generally did to WW1 a/c in flight and somewhat faithfully reproduced it in their game (you know, like what Oleg was able to do out of the box with his WW2 a/c in IL2...or, dare I mention it, the guys who made RB2!).

Shiftless, zero pride...a rather shabby and shonky pile of poorly cobbled together code masquerading as a sim-lite.

So now we'll wait for some hero to spend weeks fixing everything that can be fixed (because we'll soon see how badly the engine will limit that faint hope) and pray it finally gives us something even vaguely close to RB2-3D with super graphics (because FE does at least look gorgeous).

I don't know about not enough pride to even pretend to make an effort making this game, I've got too much pride to bloody well play it's appalling ****eness. \:D

That's my opinion chaps, your mileage may vary (something along the lines of your pride = the glass is half full apparently...ROTFFLMFAO!). ;\)

(By the way, how many of you would take delivery of a brand new car, find paint peeling off it but drive it around anyway, with a big smile on your face whilst declaring "Hey, the wheels ain't falling off...half glass full, yipee!" \:D ).
Sepp... I for my part appreciate your opinion.

Now, would you consider to send the posting above directly to TK and Thirdwire - not toned down but word for word?

If not, why would it be a problem for you? After all, you're stating your honest dissatisfaction as a customer of a product you purchased.