Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3819555 - 08/07/13 06:12 PM SABOW  
theGUNSLINGER Offline
theGUNSLINGER  Offline

Ontario, Canada
Hey guys will graviteam further develop the sabow series or just stick to the tactics versions?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3819605 - 08/07/13 07:16 PM Re: SABOW [Re: theGUNSLINGER]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
SABOW is owned by UGI. Gravi made the thing but has NO control over the title. Rights to the game return to gravi in like 3 or 4 years however. That plus the fact the tactics series is WAY out selling what a tank sim could do.....does not look remotely good for a Graviteam tank sim anytime soon. I just keep hoping that maybe mius assets could be made into a tank/vehicle sim on the cheap. Oh and that Gravi would actually DO that.

So unless UIG suddenly changed course and ordered up a DLC or something it is DEAD on the official end of the things. Well for 3 to 4 years at least. LOL. I can say that having poked around though all the files IN sabow that there was enough not released in there for a nice DLC later.

AND I will say that I have not played SABOW in maybe 7 months except trying to help on someone having issues with my old mod. That means I miss it. biggrin That also means I am going to attempt AGAIN a fully working playable vehicle. Just so I can get some more replay value out of the thing. If it does NOT totally suck I may release it to the WORLD. LOL. So in closing.......SABOW is dead on official front. On mod front is damned near dead. And this is JUST PLAIN WRONG IMO.

#3820517 - 08/09/13 08:37 PM Re: SABOW [Re: FlashBurn]  
theGUNSLINGER Offline
theGUNSLINGER  Offline

Ontario, Canada
damn sad to hear there is so much potential for SABOW too, on another note you being into modding is there ways to edit the terrain easily?

#3820528 - 08/09/13 09:03 PM Re: SABOW [Re: theGUNSLINGER]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Alas NO. You can go in a do strange things to how the Hei map is interpreted by the engine but changing stuff really is not vary possible. To make new stuff need Graviteams polygon editor for SABOW. That is beyond 99.9 percent of folks ability. Trust me on that one. biggrin ANd yes MASSIVE potential, but tied up in publisher rights. I bet they saw some of it too. But sales are simply unknown. I REALLY hope Graviteam turns back someday to doing a vehicle sim with leadership aspects. GTOS lite in a sim. What is MOST strange is that UIG will not talk with Graviteam. Not sure WTF happened with that. BUT vary odd. Maybe someone pissed in someones cereal?

Last night while messing about in RO 2 with that AWFUL tank aspect of theirs, someone mentioned karvkov 1942 as actually doing it right. And it was not me. biggrin I still harass Andrey about tank sims every now and then LOL. But they are right in that for some STUPID reason they do badly on the mass market. However at one point or another I think someone will do it and get it right.

Also telling that many air craft sims are making small inroads into doing tank sims. Someday the power will be there to do both well in the hardware department. Still not quite there as aircraft really need at LEAST 10km view distance to do anything right. Oh AND ALOT of land. A real flight sim say ARMA size is just to damned small. And a tank sim in a DCS series flight sim is just to damned ugly and lack of detail in the land. Mixing both together may appeal to many but probably end up a crappy tank sim, a crappy flight sim, or just everything is crappy. driving

Last edited by FlashBurn; 08/09/13 09:09 PM.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.