Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
#3722619 - 01/22/13 11:10 AM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
mhe_at Offline
mhe_at  Offline

Vienna, Austria
Pepper: For the speaker problem, I'd just take a block of wood, put two angled brackets on it so that the holes on the brackets line up with the speaker. Optionally spraypaint it, screw the speaker on it and you're done. Kinda what I did with my center speaker, only that you would have to use 2 brackets instead of the one I have used (my speaker only has one screw hole). smile

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3722876 - 01/22/13 07:04 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: No Name]  
obutto Offline
obutto  Offline

CHINA | USA
Hey Pepper, re wing mounts I just meant the two side mounts (triple mounts, not including the middle monitor mount).

Re flipping over the arm, I think you mentioned that one section of your right mounting arm was sagging greatly. If you have your joint flanges properly engaged on that arm, then just try removing that section and flipping it over.

Anyhow, it is very strange that your left monitor is higher than your middle monitor. Are you using 3 identical monitors? Can you see the angle of the left mounting arm going upward, it would be slight.

The way our triples work, the centre monitor VESA bracket can be set at the middle to lowest setting. The sides, depending on size of monitor, will then have no sag, or some sag. If there is some sag then you adjust their VESA brackets upward. In the end though, the amount of sag will depend greatly on whether or not you have your joints done properly.

You are correct, I never tested running triples in portrait, but it should work the same as the VESA mounting holes should be centered on the back of the monitors as long as they are the same monitors, and they are all oriented the same.

Hey mhe, please email me your address & ph no so I can get that section of the tabletops articulating arm sent out to ya wink

#3723243 - 01/23/13 07:35 AM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
No Name Offline
Veteran
No Name  Offline
Veteran

Here's my solution to the speaker problem- not elegant (speaker is a bit crooked) but it works. There are screws attaching the speaker to the support arm, so it's not just being held by the two lower brackets.
I also bought an ergonomic back support cushion since my lower back tends to ache after longer gaming sessions.

One question I just asked Chris via email, but I'll throw it out here in case any Revolution owners have input:

Would it be viable to rotate the left monitor mount bracket (pictured below) 180 degrees so that it is upside down (such that the height screw that is usually on the bottom is now on the top), and then reattach the monitor? Then I could lower the right monitor probably enough to make it the same height as the right, and then lower the center to be the same height as both. The only thing is that the height screw would no longer be providing any support to hold up the VESA plate and monitor.

Last edited by peppergomez; 01/23/13 07:36 AM.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
#3724349 - 01/24/13 11:19 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
MPPC's Obuttos are now in stock and shipping!

My r3volution will be here on Wednesday! biggrin

Will probably spend Monday and Tuesday breaking down the current ABC pit and preparing the mancave for it.

Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#3724362 - 01/24/13 11:45 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: RogueSqdn]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Mine shipped also. Wednesday should also be a good day for me! ( plus, day off form work ) copter

#3726474 - 01/28/13 06:34 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
obutto Offline
obutto  Offline

CHINA | USA
Thanks for the support fellas, and as a friendly reminder please watch the assembly vids smile Hope your new cockpits bring ya years & years of comfort, like they have for me!

#3726602 - 01/28/13 10:04 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
Weird thing is that the FedEx tracking says it's still in Troutdale, OR. "Arrived at FedEx Location."

I'm hoping it jumps to arrived in Winston-Salem, NC... or something similar.

I went and picked up a 13mm ratcheting wrench to use (Chris told me the size in an email). Will have to see tomorrow if I can find longer allen wrenches.

Jared
-----

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#3726640 - 01/28/13 11:02 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: RogueSqdn]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Grove City, OH for me. Thanx for the tip on wrench size, I forgot and I sold my oZone so I can't check on those nuts <S>

#3727243 - 01/29/13 08:25 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
I just got the seat, tabletops, and the flight stick mounts. The cockpit will be here tomorrow. smile

No time to tear into it though, I have to pay back my wife for staying home all day... with a dinner date. wink

Jared
-----

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#3728023 - 01/31/13 03:38 AM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
Well the pit arrived today. smile

I have gotten the frame, seat, keyboard tray, and monitor stand together. Monitor was a pain because I use a 40" TV with a VESA adapter plate to make it fit on the Obutto mount. Lowering the tv into the monitor stand legs by myself was scary but I managed it.

I plan on putting my 22" touchscreen on the wheel mount. I currently have the seat in the front mounting holes because I'm 5'6" but I could see the keyboard tray bumping into it so I'm going to possibly put the seat in the back set of holes. I'll get the touchscreen up first before making that decision.

Jared
-----

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#3729468 - 02/02/13 04:52 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
Ok, finished up the installation this morning. And damn is it comfortable! Much easier to get in and out of than my Akers-Barnes cockpit.

A few photos for you guys:

First, the wide shot. I have my ASNP and Defensor Fortis patch, plus an A-10 and F-16 patch. I have a smaller TV on the dresser hooked up to my DirecTV so I can have ESPN in here!

You may notice that the acrylic tabletops are a bit low. I have the TV on the lowest mount and with the tabletops, they were obsuring the bottom of the TV's view. My wife actually suggested this, and I mounted the articulating arms upside down:

The iPad rests on the left tabletop and will be for reference and checklists. When flying, I will also move my keyboard from the keyboard tray to the right tabletop. My mouse will remain on the tray and sit to my right side.

I saw in the review that Panther had a 40" TV and used a wallmount and a block of wood. I went on Amazon and found a VESA adapter plate for about $15 that will convert from 100x100 to 300x300 (my TV's pattern).

The next two shots show my mounting configurations. I have two flight stick kits, and mounted the lower arms on the left for throttles, a center mount for the Warthog stick, and a right side mount for the Cougar FSSB R2. USB extension cables are secured on the mounts, so I can unplug and remove a control when desired.

The next two shots will be of something I may be the first in the world to have, and that is the Obutto Warthog mounts. I got them shipped direct from Obutto in China because I didn't want to wait for MPPC to get them. They have mounting holes in the proper locations and come with correct sized screws for the purpose. I have modded my stick handle to twist it by a method by DudleyAZ found here.

A shot of the Cougar stick and throttle mounted. They are using the center stick mounts that come in the Obutto flight stick kits. They both are being held down with velcro, and the FSSB R2 is being additionally held down with velcro straps.

My self-made Falcon BMS profile for Helios, made with the textures from the sim. The blank gauges on the bottom right are ones that Helios won't do, so I use MFDE for them:

Lastly, the keyboard and mouse setup for general computing and FPS gaming. When not in use, the n52te is stowed under the seat, as is my headset (a Razer BlackShark aviation-styled headset with my TrackClip Pro on it).

Last edited by RogueSqdn; 02/02/13 04:58 PM. Reason: Added link to stick rotation mod.

Jared
-----

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#3730097 - 02/03/13 11:31 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: RogueSqdn]  
VTB_Lawndart Offline
Virtual Thunderbirds
VTB_Lawndart  Offline
Virtual Thunderbirds

Originally Posted By: RogueSqdn
The next two shots will be of something I may be the first in the world to have, and that is the Obutto Warthog mounts. I got them shipped direct from Obutto in China because I didn't want to wait for MPPC to get them. They have mounting holes in the proper locations and come with correct sized screws for the purpose. I have modded my stick handle to twist it by a method by DudleyAZ found here.

How did you go about ordering these directly from Obutto in China? I really want these, and MPPC doesn't have 'em yet... wasn't aware there was a way to buy them already.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 BlacX Case | Corsair HX 850W PSU | EVGA X58 FTW3 | 24 GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600 |
Intel i7-950 @ 4GHz | Corsair H50 Cooler | EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB 7200RPM |
TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED |
#3730101 - 02/03/13 11:38 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
I simply emailed Chris. Heavy shipping charge but it depends on your needs.

Jared
-----

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#3730112 - 02/03/13 11:56 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
VTB_Lawndart Offline
Virtual Thunderbirds
VTB_Lawndart  Offline
Virtual Thunderbirds

Thanks Rouge! When you say heavy charge, what number are you talking about?

Does anyone know when MPPC expects to get the HW mounts in stock? Can't come soon enough!

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 BlacX Case | Corsair HX 850W PSU | EVGA X58 FTW3 | 24 GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600 |
Intel i7-950 @ 4GHz | Corsair H50 Cooler | EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB 7200RPM |
TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED |
#3730114 - 02/03/13 11:59 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
Don't know about MPPC. That's why I did what I did.

PM sent.

Jared
-----

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#3735723 - 02/15/13 03:52 AM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
obutto Offline
obutto  Offline

CHINA | USA
looks wickid Rogue! enjoy man cheers

Lawndart, Main Performance PC should have the new A-10 mount in their next container shipment....my best guess is that will be around April'ish. I can't recall what the shipping was for Rogue, but it's obviously pretty steep coming from Beijing by air courier.

Last edited by obutto; 02/15/13 03:55 AM.
#3736654 - 02/16/13 10:13 PM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
mhe_at Offline
mhe_at  Offline

Vienna, Austria
Has anybody put VKB pedals in his r3volution yet? Would be very interested in how they fit, especially the Mk20-3 and Mk21-3 models.

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
#3740859 - 02/24/13 10:38 AM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
mhe_at Offline
mhe_at  Offline

Vienna, Austria
Ok, so Chris was not kidding, the center screen mount WILL hold anything you can throw at it - just finished hanging a 47 inch TV on that thing instead of 3 screens. The remaining outer screen holders have been repurposed as speaker holders and they are very easy to use that way as well. Pics soon!

#3742882 - 02/28/13 04:43 AM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
jocko- Offline
jocko-  Offline

Georgetown, ON Canada
Hooray! Picked mine up today after a long wait, Canadian distributor change up meant a refund and reorder. Went with the base cockpit plus tabletops and flight stick mounts. (I'll be using it for flight simming and as a work station - I'm probably not the only simmer to buy a racing cockpit with no plans to use it for racing, I may write a flight sim-centric review later)

Nice surprise - mentioned Obutto will be making Warthog mounts and asked will they be stocked in future and the sales guy says "We have 'em now!"... Exchanged the generic ones on the spot smile

Pics to come but for now here's some first impressions of the unpacking:

An early video review showed all the parts sort of haphazardly packed loose in the main box. This has been changed to packed with plastic bags filled with air to cushion everything and keep stuff from moving around. Main structural members are wrapped with foam to protect the finish. Finish (powder coat) is impressive, very high quality.

Haven't opened all the component boxes yet (instructions tell you not to until you need each part) but so far everything is just as well packed in the numbered boxes too.

I think there was an issue in early kits with some flanges getting bent in transit, this has been prevented by stiff cardboard inserts inside the flanges.

Going to start construction tomorrow, sad part is I have to clean up my office and move the old desk out before I can move the new toy in wink

Cheers!

jocko-

417 RCAF
#3742893 - 02/28/13 05:35 AM Re: Review: Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: citizen guod]  
No Name Offline
Veteran
No Name  Offline
Veteran

Enjoy! Looking forward to reading your review and seeing pics.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
K2-18b - Life?
by RossUK. 04/27/24 10:46 AM
Jim Scoutten was 77
by F4UDash4. 04/27/24 10:35 AM
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.