Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#556037 - 04/08/01 10:38 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Meine Liebchen Anna (or something like that)

Leon and I are pretty busy now with the Typhoon Strategy Guide as well as the articles for the Rage web site. Speaking just for myself, I simply do not have the time to investigate questions that are as detailed as yours. I'm not even sure there are answers in Typhoon for some of these.

If there is something that we can answer, we will. But please excuse us, if we choose not to spend additional time that right now, we do not have.

I'm not saying don't post your questions...perhaps someone else can answer them. Keep the faith. The game will be out soon and all will be known.

Danke!

Andy

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#556038 - 04/09/01 12:21 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Ayatollah

Sorry, but I've removed your last post and the response that it generated. I'm sure you can find a way to post your comments in a more constructive way. If so, you are very welcome here.

Our policy here at SimHQ is clear. None of us will tolerate for a second any tendency of these boards to turn into a flame war. We think you readers come here for straight talk and good info, without the baloney that often is seen elsewhere. We intend to do our best to make that happen.

If, in the process, we have to clean house a bit...well, so be it. If someone wants to depart from this, we suggest they do it in private e-mail.

Thanks, folks, for your continued interest.

Andy

#556039 - 04/09/01 12:38 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Anna

Question #29:

There is no 'indirect' launch mode. In Typhoon, you must target each missile site individually and fire an ALARM at it. The AI weapons computer will then step to the next suitable target. You can then shoot at it. In this manner, you get a rapid multiple launch capability...sort of like a manual 'ripple'.

Is this completely 'realistic'...perhaps not. Not every RL acquisition and launch mode for every weapon is modeled in Typhoon. In RL, we would use a ripple release for multiple weapon employment. Since we cannot do this in Typhoon, we have to go with multiple trigger squeezes.

Now, as for the remaining questions that are unanswered...they will have to wait until I get home from my current airline 3 day trip. Unless someone else can answer them, that is.

Patience, my love!

Andy

#556040 - 04/09/01 02:12 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ohh my darling Andy,

you are really experienced to handle with female pilots. Now, I have got new hope and a smile.

With kisses from Germany
Anna

#556041 - 04/09/01 02:39 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  
Badboy Offline
Badboy  Offline

UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Anna:
Hello my darlings Andy and Badboy,

do not forget to answer our 26 open questions.

From Germany with Love
Anna

Hmm, are there really 26 questions that remain unanswered? I was sure that between us Andy and I had answered some of your questions.

If you remind me of one or two of the questions that are most important to you, I'll see if I can scratch your itch.

Badboy

#556042 - 04/09/01 03:48 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Badboy,

There were 29 questions alltogether. The questions number 1, 2, 5, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 29 were answered by Andy to our full satisfaction. Yes you are right. The are remaining 10 unanswered questions, only. Please excuse me for that mistake.

The most important questions are here :

Question 3: Do the enemy aircrafts can take-off from runway, when the enemy runway is totally covered with holes caused by MK83Fs?

Question 4: How long is the time to repair the enemy runway? 3 hours 6 hours or 12 hours?

Question 7 : How many static targets an Eurofighter Typhoon ICEFOR wingman can destroy in one mission? In TAW they could destroy only one.

Question 26: How many fighter and bomber aircraft will the russian forces move to Iceland? 100 pieces or 1.000 pieces?

From Germany with Love
Anna

#556043 - 04/09/01 04:05 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Pilot,

Anna can not calculate. 29 - 10 are 19 remaining question and not 10. lol

From Germany with Love
Anna

#556044 - 04/10/01 01:27 AM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  
Badboy Offline
Badboy  Offline

UK
Quote:
Hi Badboy,

Question 3: Do the enemy aircrafts can take-off from runway, when the enemy runway is totally covered with holes caused by MK83Fs?

I haven't seen that happen. But I haven't been looking for it. Generally, I haven't been loitering over enemy airfields looking for bugs. So far my airfield strikes have been conducted with proper consideration to weapons employment, delivery method and parameters, and threat avoidance. During all of my flying in Typhoon my priority has been to determine what will work best for those folk who have a genuine interest in succeeding in the Typhoon campaign. Sorry I can’t help you with your new bug list.

Quote:
Question 4: How long is the time to repair the enemy runway? 3 hours 6 hours or 12 hours?

I assume this is another bug related question, so previous response applies.

Quote:
Question 7 : How many static targets an Eurofighter Typhoon ICEFOR wingman can destroy in one mission? In TAW they could destroy only one.

In Typhoon they can be directed to engage a target that you specify. They continue to obey those orders until they run out of ammunition. This question was already answered in another thread.

Quote:
Question 26: How many fighter and bomber aircraft will the russian forces move to Iceland? 100 pieces or 1.000 pieces?

The number of aircraft varies with the dynamics of the war situation. According to the war report posted at 1402 hours of day two the Russians had 66 fighters, 34 bombers, 15 transports, 30 helicopters, 179 tanks and occupied 12 sectors. Less than one hour later they had lost 6 fighters and 4 bombers, gained several sectors of the island and had been supplied with more tanks. The tanks arrive on container ships though, so if you sink those you can slow down the Russian advance. However, the Russian fleet is very well defended and once they have a foothold on the island it is very difficult interdict their supplies.

Badboy

#556045 - 04/10/01 01:33 AM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  
Badboy Offline
Badboy  Offline

UK
Quote:
Hi Pilot,

Anna can not calculate. 29 - 10 are 19 remaining question and not 10. lol

From Germany with Love
Anna

Anna, your faulty arithmetic is less of an issue than your motives. If you have any genuine questions regarding Typhoon I will continue to do my best to answer them.

Badboy

#556046 - 04/10/01 12:35 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Badboy,

you answered our four questions to our full satisfaction. Oh thank you darling

Here are the next questions :

Question 20 : Can I aquire hostile parking oder rolling aircrafts with the Brimstone anti-tank missile?

Question 21 : In reality one Brimstone or Hellfire can destroy an fighter aircraft completly. Can I destroy a hostile fighter or bomber aircraft with one unique Brimstone anti-tank missile? For this case, we could destroy 18 aircrafts in one fly pass very fast.

Question 22 : Do I have got two launch modes „lock before launch“ and „lock after launch“ like Comanche or Apache attack helicopters in connection with AGM-114 Hellfire?

From Germany with Love
Anna

#556047 - 04/10/01 03:28 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  
Badboy Offline
Badboy  Offline

UK
Quote:
Question 20 : Can I aquire hostile parking oder rolling aircrafts with the Brimstone anti-tank missile?

No you can not acquire parked aircraft with the Brimstone.

Quote:
Question 21 : Can I destroy a hostile fighter or bomber aircraft with one unique Brimstone anti-tank missile?

One of the questions I will address in the strategy guide is related to target/munition compatibility. However, it is fairly safe to say that I will not be recommending the use of brimstones for parked aircraft.

Quote:
Question 22 : Do I have got two launch modes „lock before launch“ and „lock after launch“ like Comanche or Apache attack helicopters in connection with AGM-114 Hellfire?

Nope, you must lock a target before launch.

Badboy

#556048 - 04/10/01 05:06 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmm,
That is very odd. It seems like the Brimstone would be an excellent weapon for destroying parked aircraft. Enemy planes are certainly a high value target worthy of expending a precision munition on. In addition, the fire and forget stand-off capability of the Brimstone would keep the pilot from having to overfly airbases which are no doubt well-defended.

[This message has been edited by Fishbed77 (edited 04-10-2001).]

#556049 - 04/10/01 08:29 PM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Badboy,

your are very fast in answering our questions like Andy. Thank you very much for replying them. I am disappointed the it is not possible for Brimstone to lock up on parking or rolling fighter or bomber aircrafts. The equivalent AGM-114 Hellfire can perform that by the way.

The majority of the important questions were answered. At the end I would be very happy if you could tell something to my other posting relating to the theme „dynamic mission script“

From Germany with Love
Anna

#556050 - 04/11/01 04:47 AM Re: only 12 questions for Badboy relating Rage´s Eurofigher Typhoon  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Methinks some of these limitations are simply in-game limits, not true operational limits. Few sims let you lock LGBs onto helicopters, yet one was shot down in mid-air during the Gulf War that way.
Could the Brimstone shoot parked or taxiing aircraft in Real Life (TM)? No doubt.
But I believe the issue is in how sims handle weapons usage vs Real Life. In RL(TM), weapons envelopes are greatly affected by the speed of the target. The Brimstone I'm sure could hit anything moving under 60 mph, whether on the ground, sea, or sky. But cross 100 mph and it would likely have trouble compensating for angle rate changes and lose lock.
I don't think games can do that, either for bogging down the system or just being too complex to worry about. So they just do simpler "weapon A against target B" tables.
The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
K2-18b - Life?
by RossUK. 04/27/24 10:46 AM
Jim Scoutten was 77
by F4UDash4. 04/27/24 10:35 AM
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.