Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
#4599529 - 05/13/22 11:51 AM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Thanks.
I will try that.

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4599530 - 05/13/22 12:17 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Cool yeah, let me know how it feels, and what is still an issue and maybe you can get it dialed in to suit you perfectly. Just being able to get on the throttle better will knock that lap time down. If it's still too much oversteer on entry you can stiffen front spring more, or on exit you can soften the back spring more. Ride height works too, as these cars are very sensitive to it, but the springs and bars are more intuitive. These tweaks will help fix the 'wet' feeling you described. That's a perfect description of how it felt to me too. Continually monitor pressures and adjust as necessary to get them in the 27.5 psi window during the lap.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4599546 - 05/13/22 03:54 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Good setup tips, Derek.

I admit I´m rather helpless when it comes to setups no matter the racing game.
Always try to find something comfortable for the car/track combo I use on the internet, having a look at some of the videos from the fast guys to get a feeling about the lines and shifting points they use and then simply run laps.

When preparing for some online race I will try to join practise servers to get a feeling running with other drivers around and using different racing lines just to know what works and what doesn´ t.

Only thing I monitor here in ACC are the tyres temps due to the different track conditions which are sometimes changing quite a bit depending on the server setup for some of the races.

Attached Files ACC BMW M6 Spa 2-23-64.jpg

Time is the only luxury.
#4599547 - 05/13/22 04:08 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks yeah, it's a hobby of mine biggrin

I just love the whole setup thing. I like the challenge of identifying what the car needs and making it happen, to the best of my ability anyway.

Nice lap Frank!

I think I can get down in to the 24s, and I'll give it another go this evening.

And this is fun getting to try the various cars and see what they're all about. Thanks for participating gentlemen.

#4599556 - 05/13/22 06:04 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Nice laps guys.

Hope you don`t mind me posting mine. biggrin
Just to show other newbies why it is fun and addictive.

Did 4-5 more laps and improved 4.9 secs since yesterday.
Not done any set-up changes , but I will.

A couple of questions:
Wheel rate equal springs?
How to change fuel quantity?
How to get my name as a driver in Hotlap mode?
How to take a screenshot like DB and NimRud?
Does the ghost give you a tow?

[Linked Image]

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4599557 - 05/13/22 06:08 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: Wigean]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Wow nice improvement. That's a massive chunk of time off the old PB

Originally Posted by Wigean

Wheel rate equal springs? Yes
How to change fuel quantity? Cannot be done in hotlap
How to get my name as a driver in Hotlap mode? On the car slection screen choose Add, and select the car, customize as desired and click confirm to put Mr Wigean in the driver's seat
How to take a screenshot like DB and NimRud? Just hit escape from the pits and don't click drive/continue yet
Does the ghost give you a tow? Sorry, no

I couldn't be bothered to separate quotes. Sorry about the mess.

#4599560 - 05/13/22 06:18 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Thanks.
Perfect for me. smile

#4599561 - 05/13/22 06:19 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Actually, I put up a screen for that method. Frank clicked Timetables to separate the laps and show sector times. Not sure which method you want.

And my pleasure.

#4599563 - 05/13/22 06:49 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
After adding a car it will appear under Custom. You can get a whole set of customized cars here. I have, all under my name, racing team, car number, sponsorship and paint scheme.

#4599595 - 05/14/22 12:11 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I gave this another go last night, trying various chassis tweaks and while I felt I was doing well, it wasn't reflected in any lap time improvement. And honestly the way I'm taking Eau Rouge most of the time is quite reckless indeed smile

I still feel like I have a better lap in me but can't put it together.

#4599597 - 05/14/22 12:32 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Heh, Eau Rouge.
I just aim for a tree and hope for the best. biggrin

Gotta love the names though.

I have a problem exiting Les Combes entering Malmedy. Easy to loose the grip here.
Going downhill through Bruxelles,Double Gauche, Les Fagnes , Campus and Paul Frere is really a challenge. You almost have to place an egg under your shoe if you want to maintain control.
Then it is a joy blasting through Blanchimont at full throttle. Almost like playing chicken against the track. smile
Finally the Chicane. What a downer it is when you think that THIS is going to be a fast one. Just to lose it all at the final turn.

Good fun!

driving

#4599606 - 05/14/22 06:32 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, I'm having trouble with having the car just skating out from under me. It feels planted then with that additional confidence I give it more boot and around she comes! I've spun like a top in to Les Combes and in the final chicane so many times haha.

Have you tried any setup changes?

#4599609 - 05/14/22 07:29 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Originally Posted by DBond
Yes, I'm having trouble with having the car just skating out from under me. It feels planted then with that additional confidence I give it more boot and around she comes! I've spun like a top in to Les Combes and in the final chicane so many times haha.

Have you tried any setup changes?

Not yet.
I`ve been visiting my wife, done some gardening and watched LFC win the AF cup.
I might do some laps this evening. We have the Eurovision song contest in Europe now. I hate it because of many reasons so simming is an alternative. smile
I have saved a profile of the set-up you suggested and painted my car almost raccing green so I am good to go. smile

#4599610 - 05/14/22 07:31 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Liverpool! Domestic cup double, hoping for the cup treble, but the league's beyond us now I think. You never know though, Pep has a way of overthinking the biggest matches.

That paint is worth eight-tenths easy

#4599627 - 05/15/22 03:03 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
A tail of a newbie session. smile
Tried DBonds settings today. Drove a couple of laps and decided to increase the downforce a little as well. From 5-7.
First lap on the pic was a slow one to have a closer look on the turns. Then some with errors and one that I improved.
Still much to improve though.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#4599630 - 05/15/22 04:52 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
What a beauty. Nice lap, that time is dropping like a stone. The setup changes should make it more stable and predictable, but not necessarily faster I suppose. And anyway, every driver is looking for his own balance. It's good to know how to dial the car in even if using other people's setups.

I gave this yet another go and really am not finding much time. I've made a bunch of changes, and got the car really nice and settled, planted and smooth. But it doesn't translate to improved lap time and maybe I'm near my limit with this car. The Car Control rating is tanking too, even though I feel like the laps are smooth and tight. It's odd how that works, as recently I did a hotstint challenge in a Lambo, felt like I was all over the place, but the CC rating said I was driving great. Here, I feel like the driving's good, but the rating doesn't agree.

Final submission I think

Attached Files HLC2.jpg

#4599668 - 05/16/22 01:48 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I think everyone who is going to attempt this has done so, so let's do another one. I'll declare NimRud the two-time defending champ. Congrats Frank, great driving from you once again! With still no feedback, requests or suggestions, it's left to me to decide. Let's mix it up a bit and make it an open challenge. Any car you want.

SimHQ Hotlap Challenge Event #3

Any car @ Laguna Seca

Assetto Corsa Competizione

Event Winner : NimRud Three-time defending champ!

Good luck!

All modes, any conditions or any car. Just find the one that gets you around this awesome circuit in the shortest time smile

Last edited by DBond; 05/25/22 05:57 PM.

#4599683 - 05/16/22 07:24 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Ok, thanks.
I`m in. smile

#4599700 - 05/16/22 11:15 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I gave this a go this evening, and started in the 991 GT3 R. I've already run a race here in the offline championship so already had a good setup. I plan to run this HLC with several cars, see which one can get around here the best. Maybe the 488 and one or two more.

First submission. Turned this lap then started overdriving trying to better it, got worse instead and started driving off the track. I think I can go a little better so maybe I'll give the Porsche another go too. All sector times are from this lap.

Attached Files HLC3-1.jpg

#4599727 - 05/17/22 02:44 PM Re: SimHQ Hotlap Challenge [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Gave it another go. I like this track. I tend to like any track with hills and no chicanes, even if the Corkscrew is the most epic chicane of them all. I wanted to test out a few of the other cars, learn more about their unique qualities, and see if I could go any faster.

Started off in the Ferrari 488 Evo. It felt very balanced and serene after some setup. Quite neutral handling and would make for a great race car. But I couldn't improve on the lap time and ran a half-second back of the the Porsche time. Then I switched to the Huracan Evo, and didn't even post a timed lap before I gave it up. It's such a cool car in real life, but I don't get on with it in the sim, and part of the reason why is the cockpit structure and how it blocks the view in the tightest turns, especially to the left.

Then I switched to the Audi R8 LMS Evo II. This clicked. The safe setup had just a touch of oversteer and felt good. I made a couple of suspension changes to make it suit me better and went faster than the 991 pretty quickly. And it sounds amazing. All corners are important, but I felt like the key to a good lap here is turn 6, which leads on to the Rahal Straight as it climbs the hill to the Corkscrew. Still not sure I'm hitting it all that well, but a poor pass through here bleeds lap time up the hill.

Third sector purple is from a previous lap by one tenth or so.

Submission number two

Attached Files HLC3-2.jpg

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
This is getting bad....
by WangoTango. 07/15/24 08:35 PM
The only F-15E credited with an air-to-air kill
by CyBerkut. 07/13/24 04:25 PM
Actress Shelley Duvall dies at 75
by NoFlyBoy. 07/11/24 06:02 PM
Joe Engle was 91
by F4UDash4. 07/11/24 09:55 AM
BeamNG
by wormfood. 07/06/24 03:06 AM
And another thing to worry about
by oldgrognard. 07/05/24 06:48 PM
Happy Independence Day
by F4UDash4. 07/04/24 11:05 AM
New IL-2 Korean War sim coming?
by LB4LB. 07/03/24 09:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.