Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4598953 - 05/06/22 05:07 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well seeing as we're both on the east coast, hit me up if you want to turn a few in the future. Server password available through NimRud or myself.

Have fun!

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4598954 - 05/06/22 05:10 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: DBond]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DBond
Well seeing as we're both on the east coast, hit me up if you want to turn a few in the future. Server password available through NimRud or myself.

Have fun!

Thanks and I will definitely show up on the server once I feel I'm somewhat competent in ACC!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4599021 - 05/07/22 12:30 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Sounds good PM. I said give me a month but then was online in three days haha.

There's some adjustment time needed, but these cars are not so hard to keep on the road, and even easier if you kick it off in GT4 or a cup car. One challenge is identifying your ride, sifting through all the choices to find the one that speaks to you. There's no reason a player can't hop from one to the next, but I think progress will be more swift when mastering a certain chassis. The cars feel different enough, especially cornering balance.

I've settled on the Porsche 991 II GTR 3 as my ride. I wouldn't have picked it coming in. I really like these cars, but not like I like Ferrari. And then you think about the Lamborghinis and the Audis and the rest and those seem like more potent cars, and in the AI's hands they are. I started mostly in the 488 and did OK I guess and then tested out some others. I gave the 991 a shot on a whim and really took to it.

Shamefully the game contains no car specs, so I'm just guessing,but the Porsche must have the highest rear-biased weight distribution or close to it. This makes the car feel better to me than many of the others which have more push in them. This weight bias gives the Porsche better turn in rotation for me, more sensitive to driving with the pedals instead of the wheel, more responsive to lift oversteer which is what I like when banging in to the next corner.

The concensus is that the Porsche is the hardest car to drive, but I don't feel that way. Then again, I'm five or more seconds off the top times at some tracks and this reduced pace might explain why I think it's not so hard. Maybe on the actual edge it's a more menacing machine. It also seems to be a bit down at the horsepower tracks like Spa, where I struggle to match my lap times in the 488.

The BMW, Mercedes and Bentley are all bit more docile, forgiving I think because of the weight distribution, and handle things like kerbs better. The McLaren's sort of in the middle. I wanted to like it but didn't do so well in it and thought the windscreen opening was not big enough! Like it has less glass to look through. The Honda's are not competitive. The Lexus is an interesting choice, but I couldn't race a Lexus smile

After leaving the SimHQ server last night I resumed my championship. As fate would have it next up was Laguna Seca, which I had just left on the server. That gave me plenty of warm up and nice new setup to run. As a result I was maybe a little too fast for the AI this time, qualifying on pole by six-tenths. Once again got jumped off the line by a pair of Lambos. They really get me. These are rolling starts and I'm so wary of jumping the lights and getting a penalty. Lambos are all-wheel drive (I guess!) and that seems to pay off at the start.

But my pace advantage told when the tires came up and I got by both in the final corner braking zone to sneak down the inside heading up the pitstraight. Won by fifteen seconds, Exactly matching my practice PB in the race. Consistent enough in my laps that my PB is 1:26.5, and the other time displayed, which is your best five-lap consecutive average, is 1:27.000.

This win moves me to second in the table , three points adrift.

#4599047 - 05/07/22 06:49 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I searched for ACC car specs and came across this wonderful piece

https://trinacriasimracing.wordpress.com/acc-gt3-cars/

It's a run down of car characteristics and more in depth than we usually see. It's for ACC, evidently, but reading it I kept wondering how much of what is said is real-world and how much is modeled in the sim. Either way, it makes for some good reading and might help one or two settle on their number one.

#4599050 - 05/07/22 07:03 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: DBond]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
I searched for ACC car specs and came across this wonderful piece

https://trinacriasimracing.wordpress.com/acc-gt3-cars/

It's a run down of car characteristics and more in depth than we usually see. It's for ACC, evidently, but reading it I kept wondering how much of what is said is real-world and how much is modeled in the sim. Either way, it makes for some good reading and might help one or two settle on their number one.

Good find, Derek! Very interesting and informative! thumbsup

Time is the only luxury.
#4599086 - 05/08/22 01:35 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks Frank, and yes that was on a different level than this sort of stuff we usually see. Well done to the author.

FIA Gold License is mine.

After hopping off the server with Frank I was still looking to improve haha. I ran the new seasonal challenge, this one a ten-minute hotsprint at Catalunya in a Huracan. That put me over 9000 points. So to get the license I needed to maintain that level for a bit, which I did by running two offline races in my championship. First was Imola, where I got smoked off the line again but came back to win, setting a nice new PB in the process. It didn't quite trigger the Gold license so I ran the next race too, at Brand's Hatch, finishing third after getting jumped off the line again. #%&*$# those Lambos. #%&*$# them!

Attached Files goldbaby.jpg

#4599105 - 05/08/22 06:13 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
As you can see by getting the gold license in a couple of weeks, I am motivated by challenges. So the achievements help identify them. I'm always failing, because the ones in AC are hard. And I don't understand most of them. Like there are ones for specific cars at specific tracks and listed as bronze, silver and gold achievements. Well how do I know what to do? Any mode? How do I see what the requirements are to hit those thresholds? Is it specific laptimes, or how does it work? Anyone put any time in to this?

I've spent a few hours now trying to lap around Imola in the 458 in under 1:56 and have barely broken 2 minutes. I'll not hit that, but I keep trying.

Another one I've mentioned is the one to break 1:30 in the Lotus 49 at the old Monza. Spent some time today trying out various setup changes. Made the car a lot better, but it's a mess mid-corner as a result and the Lesmos complex is slowing me down. Just when you get the car hooked up for one thing, it's not any more for something else. Balance, eh?

But yeah, better anyway and dropped down to 1:31.3. Now it feels in reach, if I can drive better.

Static screenshots fail to really capture the majesty of the drift

Lotus 49 at 1966 Monza. Variante Ascari

[Linked Image]

Attached Files driftmajesty.jpg

#4599531 - 05/13/22 12:48 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

Thanks and I will definitely show up on the server once I feel I'm somewhat competent in ACC!

How are you getting on with it Panzer?

#4639036 - 11/29/23 01:49 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
New car pack out for ACC (in April). I picked it up for the Ferrari 296. Includes Ferrari 296 GT3, Porsche 911 (992) GT3 R, Lamborghini Huracàn EVO and Circuit Ricardo Tormo - Valencia

2023 GT World Challenge Pack for ACC

#4639043 - 11/29/23 03:48 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I'm still waiting for AI cars to be added to multiplayer races in ACC. Sorry but the single player aspect of the game I find to be rather dull and sterile. I get bored after about 30 minutes of playing it in single player.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4639044 - 11/29/23 04:11 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Have a look at AMS2 then.

The single player racing in ACC is great, can't agree with you there.

AMS2 just had an AI update and it's pretty good.

#4639049 - 11/29/23 07:30 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: DBond]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Have a look at AMS2 then.

The single player racing in ACC is great, can't agree with you there.

AMS2 just had an AI update and it's pretty good.

I may eventually look into AMS2 once I'm done with F1 2023. Would you say the single player in AMS2 is just as immersive as the single player in F1 2023?

#4639053 - 11/29/23 07:50 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good question, and difficult to answer. Let's give it a go anyway....

The answer is probably best stated as a yes and a no. Let me 'splain. No, there is too much, let me sum up

F1 23 is the most immersive sim I've ever played when we take everything about it in to account. And that means career mode, engineering, session fidelity, practice programmes, weather system, talking to your engineer, official licenses, drivers and liveries, laser scanned tracks, rules and regulations. Everything that surrounds the actual driving and racing is as good as there is. If there is one way F1 23 falls short it is in the physics. I'd have to rate it as sim-cade. This bothers me not a bit, I Iove to race in this game. It is immersive for me in every sense. I feel like a F1 driver when I play. And that's the barometer right there.

AMS2 on the other hand does not come close to matching F1 23 in those ways. But it is more immersive for me in the car. The sights, the sounds, the way it bounces and rattles, the whine of the supercharger or turbo. The sensation of driving, the feel of the tires on the tarmac. I often praise the 'soundscape' in AMS2. I mean, take a Porsche 992 out for a spin around Interlagos and it is just a symphony. The sensations of driving a car like this are fantastic.

So I guess which one is more immersive might depend on what the player thinks defines this term. If you want to be immersed in the details of driving a race car, AMS2 is better in my view. If you want to immerse yourself in what it means to be a race car driver, then F1 23 comes out on top. I am threading the needle here with this distinction, but I reckon you'll know what I mean.

#4639054 - 11/29/23 07:59 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for that great reply and yes, I totally understand the difference you are making here. As for me, I lean more towards the type of immersion that F1 offers over the immersion that AMS2 offers but I like both.

My problem with both Asseto Corsa games is that they are TOO far into the AMS2 type of immersion and very little to none of the F1 type of immersion.

#4639056 - 11/29/23 08:19 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I lean that way too. I like all the peripheral stuff. Don't get me wrong, AMS2 is a delight to drive, but it just doesn't have the supporting cast that F1 23 has. I drive AMS2 mostly as a hotlap sim. I race in F1 23.

And I recommended AMS2 for you because you can put AI in the field for MP racing.

#4639226 - 12/04/23 01:23 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Fired up ACC last night for the first time in ages. Sort of forgot how amazing this sim is. Took my brand new Ferrari 296 out at Laguna Seca. A delight.

Having only really driven F1 23 over the past few months, it was evident right away how much better the FFB is, and I can actually feel the onset of lost grip, which is so nice.

It's great to have so many racing sims to drive. And ACC is one of the best.

#4639790 - 12/17/23 08:27 AM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
How´s the world of burning rubber doing? biggrin

Hope you all are doing well and racing all you can!

I am, err In there...

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/0g0MFT5uEI0?si=73KmeU-KdISiv-SJ[/video]

Are you all using "Content Manager" with AC?

Last edited by Red2112; 12/17/23 08:28 AM.

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4639796 - 12/17/23 10:10 AM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Welcome back Red!

I had a period of intense activity catching up with AC, installing CM and CSP and finding all sorts of interesting cars. Not all downloads seem to agree with my CM/CSP install though so I sort of got tired of messing with it.

ACC is not for me though, as GT's is not really my thing.

We're hotlapping in AMS2 at the moment so if you feel like joining you're more than welcome I'm sure.

Attached Files Screenshot_fiat_8v_ghia_supersonic_pau_1967_1-10-123-11-35-56.jpg

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4639798 - 12/17/23 11:33 AM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: McGonigle]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Originally Posted by McGonigle
Welcome back Red!

I had a period of intense activity catching up with AC, installing CM and CSP and finding all sorts of interesting cars. Not all downloads seem to agree with my CM/CSP install though so I sort of got tired of messing with it.

ACC is not for me though, as GT's is not really my thing.

We're hotlapping in AMS2 at the moment so if you feel like joining you're more than welcome I'm sure.

Hi and thank you for the welcome!

I had some Issues with my usual rF2 sim and my new video card (AMD RX 6700) not getting along some months ago, so I found myself spending more time with other sims, and AC with CM/CSP really did It for me. Filled my garage with most of VRC (Formula cars), RSS (older Formula plus others), and URD mods. Only mod that´s not paid for are the ones used In the video below. You do need to be careful and make sure the mods are compatible with you´re version of CM/CSP. I have no Issue because paid mods are usually up to date, and/or the mods are none dependent of CM/CSP.

This group have a lot of fun and race every weekend. Mostly old school stuff.

These cars are so much fun to drive!

Trans Am Mod:
Trans Am Mod by Bazza

The track I got from RaceDepartment.

I see Interest for Formula 1, although these are just the cars. The Immersion part you have to add It you´re self I am afraid, but with AC/CM It´s easy to get folks together and set up some races.

My personal picks among others...

VRC´s Formula Alpha 2023:
Awesome car, and addictive!
VRC Formula Alpha 2023

RSS 1986 V6 (along with all the other older F1 and GT cars they have:
This Is a blast!
RSS 1986 V6

URD AC Darche 992 GT3-R 2023 (and other LM cars):
My fav and It just sounds awesome!
URD AC Darche 992 GT3-R 2023 Shop

There´s a mod over at RaceDepartment that will change the logo and branding to Porsche.]

For now I can´t race, I am on sick leave from work due to some arm pain, so I can´t drive unfortunately for some time. Hopefully It will be short or I´ll lose my job LOL!

Well I hope I spiced this up a bit for you all and we can get some racing going on soon.

Cheers

Last edited by Red2112; 12/17/23 11:41 AM.

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4639803 - 12/17/23 01:27 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Hey Red, welcome back.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.