Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
#3331600 - 06/29/11 09:25 PM Re: Disappointed *** [Re: bisher]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bisher
You provide a very strong case until this point: 'I may actually buy COD......'

Yup she's an egg alright, but I"ve spent over 200 hours flight and nap time at the stick to draw this conclusion.

Neither falstaff nor Plainsman have the sim smile

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3331874 - 06/30/11 09:36 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
msalama Offline
msalama  Offline

Me neither Frey, but then in my defence I must say that I've kept mostly quiet lately as it comes to nay-saying. Voiced my astonishment as regards the development process when it first came out in the state it was, true, but have nevertheless refrained from commenting lately, since you can ask whether the dev team was tickling the Spitgirl instead of working their butts off only so often I think biggrin

But then I'm in no hurry to buy it just yet, either, because I've currently got my plate as full as I want it with the DCS series & RoF. And yes, I'd like to see CloD mature a bit, too, before purchasing.

But all that said I of course hope for it / want it to succeed in the long run still. No-one wins if it doesn't.

#3331888 - 06/30/11 10:04 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: msalama]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

I can understand people who OWN the game coming on here to moan as they have obviously spent money but why do people who don't own it come here and whinge I really can't get my head around that... It's really bad and it doesn't live up to expectations then you have lost nothing, when it does finially turn into the classic we were expecting then you can buy.

Why moan about something you haven't even spent money on WTF.

Thank you msalama I was beginning to think this forum was full of crazed buffoons at least some people here some perspective... Personally while disappointed at the lack of polish I am still enjoying the game immensely and I am sure you will it's only a matter of time biggrin

#3331987 - 06/30/11 01:27 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

*sigh*

you know how Sisyphus must have felt, rolling that stone uphill.....

(...and I thought we were getting somewhere....ho de hum)

you can't teach...oh never mind smile

(that entente cordiale didn't last long eh?)

Ben

#3331992 - 06/30/11 01:32 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Edited for insult. Call this a warning.

Last edited by SimHQ Tom Cofield; 06/30/11 03:58 PM.
#3331999 - 06/30/11 01:42 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Gentlemen please, and no name calling here, thats not how we do things..

#3332000 - 06/30/11 01:43 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

So what if I am given a (legit) copy, does that count?

What if it's on a Thursday, does that count?

What if the wind is Nor' Easterly? Does that count?

What if I buy my own? Does that count? Do I have to post some proof?

Does playing it on a friend's machine (far-better equipped) not count?

Do you have to have brown eyes? Or blue eyes? Or blue-brown eyes to play it....?

I thought the idea was for a bit more maturity after other threads were locked? smile

Ben

#3332004 - 06/30/11 01:46 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Krupi said:

Quote:
How would you know? Your the fool trying to push it back down...

Not really, no. But nice post...

(Not sure how long I can keep the new-found politness up, given various provocations...but I'm doing my best, for now... smile )

Ben

#3332037 - 06/30/11 02:50 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

You have kind of missed the point, you have not put any money down on this game, you have played it around a mates house fair enough.. So you have played the game. So even though all you have done is play a game you have not purchased yet you continually bash the game as of you have invested heavily in it, I am merely questioning why you do this you must have better things to do than rant on forum about a game that you don't even own. Its akin to ranting about a demo that you didnt like, if you don't like it dont buy it.

However I am sure you wish the game to succeed so wouldn't it be beneficial to either post info about the bugs or just observe the game as it matures rather than continually bashing it on every post, really I thought it was simple to understand either post constructive criticism or just don't post at all. Basic logic that some here refuse to abide by.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 06/30/11 02:53 PM.
#3332051 - 06/30/11 03:14 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
I suppose it's how you look at it, and it can be just a personal thing. For me, from a financial point, this sim has been the most successful game ever released. Having paid 14.99 (yes I feel guilty, but do intend on buying the NA release version one for my brother too) and having played for 200 hours, it's the most cheap entertainment ever!! lo0l

Last edited by bisher; 06/30/11 03:15 PM.
#3332058 - 06/30/11 03:24 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: bisher]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: bisher
I suppose it's how you look at it, and it can be just a personal thing. For me, from a financial point, this sim has been the most successful game ever released. Having paid 14.99 (yes I feel guilty, but do intend on buying the NA release version one for my brother too) and having played for 200 hours, it's the most cheap entertainment ever!! lo0l

Worth every penny as long as it continues to improve. Collectors edition for me and a steam copy for my brother as well biggrin

#3332082 - 06/30/11 03:53 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Krupi said:

Quote:
You have kind of missed the point, you have not put any money down on this game, you have played it around a mates house fair enough.. So you have played the game. So even though all you have done is play a game you have not purchased yet you continually bash the game as of you have invested heavily in it,

Eh? Now you can't criticise it unless you have invested heavily in it? First you have to own it, then you have to invest heavily in it? smile.

besides, I'm not bashing it as if I have invested heavily in it, just reporting things as I see them. What are you going to do...produce a speardsheet of how much everyone has put into the game, then allow some to have an opinion, and some not? smile

You appear to keep upping the ante, anything to try and exclude criticism. This seems a bit silly to me.

So you can rack up a lot of time and hours, helping friends to configure their machiness optimally (and I dont just mean removing out background apps and cleaning the Registry and playing with various drivers) and this doesn't count as investment of time and energy? Oh, and petrol to get there (I can't fly smile )

Come on, stop moving the goalposts smile

Quote:
I am merely questioning why you do this you must have better things to do than rant on forum about a game that you don't even own. Its akin to ranting about a demo that you didnt like, if you don't like it dont buy it.

No ranting here.

Quote:

However I am sure you wish the game to succeed so wouldn't it be beneficial to either post info about the bugs or just observe the game as it matures rather than continually bashing it on every post, really I thought it was simple to understand either post constructive criticism or just don't post at all. Basic logic that some here refuse to abide by.

What you appear to mean is that no criticism is allowed, first by dint of ownership, then 'heavy investment' whatever that means, then unless such criticism abides by *your* logic.

Also, I'd question whether the game is maturing. Time is passing, yes...

Ever narrowing hoops for people to jump through...it may not be, but still appears to me like attempts to stifle criticism. Which in turn just breeds discontent. Now, where have we seen that before? smile

I can have an opinion, and I can repeat aspects of it as tiem goes by, depending on how the game evolves - maybe that's what some here dont seem to like? As has been said, SimHQ is privately owned and it's up to them whether they want to allow me to keep posting (and also, those who go after my posts). I'd assume if they only want mostly positive and/or 'constructive' posts then I would be banned, and others with similar views. Maybe that will happens, who knows?

The thing is...I'm making an effort here not to provoke and rise to some fairly obvious bait. And some familiar faces most definitely aren't. We'll see what happens.

Ben

#3332088 - 06/30/11 04:00 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
gwalch Offline
gwalch  Offline

Well and reasonably said Falstaff.You speak for many of us.[and yes,I do have the game!].

#3332103 - 06/30/11 04:28 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Yet again you miss the point, looking at your past posts I would say its more bashing and ranting than constructive criticism.

So stop trying to turn my posts into a rabid fanboi rant... I am aware that the game is in a bad state, I have NEVER #%&*$# DENIED that its a FACT all I am trying to do is understand why some people here are seemingly determined to rant and rave over the same bugs again and again it just doesn't help anyone and a number of your post seem to be aimed at those that have posted about the positive aspects of the game.

And okay at least you have played the game and are welcome to have your say but surely if you have not purchased anything you can move on rather than provoking people, we know a few members here who have never played the game post to cause anger and hostility, maybe I should have took the higher ground.

Not trying to provoke you have to be kidding me, in your last post you say that I am against any sort of criticism, provoking people does not always happen through swearing and name calling but also twisting of the truth a more devious means of annoying someone check your last post for a CLEAR example of this.

Just to show that unlike Falstaf accusations of ignoring problems just see for yourself.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=304280&postcount=66

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 06/30/11 04:40 PM.
#3332107 - 06/30/11 04:36 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: falstaff

So you can rack up a lot of time and hours, helping friends to configure their machiness optimally (and I dont just mean removing out background apps and cleaning the Registry and playing with various drivers) and this doesn't count as investment of time and energy? Oh, and petrol to get there (I can't fly smile )

I think it is only fair that you also mention the money you spend on food, so you can survive another day and drive over to your friend and analyse CoD in its latest state. So, yeah, sure: you are investing money in this sim! biggrin

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3332109 - 06/30/11 04:38 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
2005AD Offline
2005AD  Offline

Originally Posted By: falstaff
Also, I'd question whether the game is maturing. Time is passing, yes...

This is so true. Cliffs of Dover is not maturing, the bugs are being fixed in a slow and painfully aimless fashion. Frankly the sim has still not reached a point where it could be called alpha let alone release candidate material. Yes there are some things that are well done that can be enjoyable, but they are hidden in a swarm of bugs.

#3332114 - 06/30/11 04:44 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: JG52Krupi]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Krupi said:

Quote:
Yet again you miss the point, looking at your past posts I would say its more bashing and ranting than constructive criticism.

I dont think I do miss your points. I'd say I answered them.

Quote:
So stop trying to turn my posts into a rabid fanboi rant...

I'm not. There are enough of those already - last thing I want to do is add to them smile

Quote:
I am aware that the game is in a bad state

I wasn't aware you thoguht this until now.

Quote:
, I have NEVER #%&*$# DENIED that its a FACT all I am trying to do is understand why some people here are seemingly determined to rant and rave over the same bugs again and again it just doesn't help anyone and a number of your post seem to be aimed at those that have posted about the positive aspects of the game.

I dont think I'm ranting and raving, certainly not in this thread or recent threads, maybe not at all. If anythign I'm prone to go my own ass a bit and get carried away with the silliness and irony, but I dont tend to rant and rave. I'd have to own a game befroe I'd do that smile (joke)

Quote:
And okay at least you have played the game and are welcome to have your say but surely if you have not purchased anything you can move on rather than provoking people

Thanks, but I'm not here to provoke people now (I may have been guilty in the past, so have we all, or many of us)

Quote:
Not trying to provoke you have to be kidding me, in your last post you say that I am against any sort of criticism, provoking people does not always happen through swearing and name calling but also twisting of the truth a more devious means of annoying someone check your last post for a CLEAR example of this.

Well you could construe it like that but right now I have a stinking cold and am not really into typing loads, or goading, just answering your points while I have some time off. No malice intended - I just don't agree.

Your own previous comment calling me a fool doesn't exactly persuade me if your non-provocative stance, to be honest smile

My understanding was that we were all going to tone it down a bit (well, at least until Freycinet threw the little 'Falstaff and Plainsman' jobe...I dont think he could help himself...force of habit? smile )

Ben

#3332115 - 06/30/11 04:46 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Ben is making some valid points, and he isn't being confrontational..
All I see is others name calling, and entering the debate with sarcasm instead of reasoned dialogue.
I also think the game is a 'bugfest' as described, but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan, because I am, and yes, there are some great things about the game too.. but bugfest it is none the less.

#3332116 - 06/30/11 04:46 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Yup Ben I agree the tone around here is pretty good, we may disagree on some points but that's okay too

#3332117 - 06/30/11 04:47 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Frey...I would grovel across deserts on hands and knees to play this game just criticise it, you know that smile

I am dependable like that... smile

Ben

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
This is getting bad....
by WangoTango. 07/15/24 08:35 PM
The only F-15E credited with an air-to-air kill
by CyBerkut. 07/13/24 04:25 PM
Actress Shelley Duvall dies at 75
by NoFlyBoy. 07/11/24 06:02 PM
Joe Engle was 91
by F4UDash4. 07/11/24 09:55 AM
BeamNG
by wormfood. 07/06/24 03:06 AM
And another thing to worry about
by oldgrognard. 07/05/24 06:48 PM
Happy Independence Day
by F4UDash4. 07/04/24 11:05 AM
New IL-2 Korean War sim coming?
by LB4LB. 07/03/24 09:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.