Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3106938 - 10/04/10 12:45 PM Zeckensack's Wrapper, is it portable?  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
Hi,
I have a not really LB2 specific problem, but you guys seems to be quite experienced with wrappers.
I cannot install Zeckensack's wrapper due to a complex set of reasons, involving words like "company", "laptop" and "policy".
Therefore I usually use things from a pendrive in a portable version.
Is there a set of files I can just drop to the game directory, like with dgvoodoo?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers

Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3107337 - 10/04/10 10:21 PM Re: Zeckensack's Wrapper, is it portable? [Re: Staniol]  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
You mean because the zeckensack wrapper comes as an EXE file and you have to actually INSTALL it?

You want basically just the loose files in a ZIP so you can drag-and-drop extract to the LB2 directory?

Luckily for you, I didn't like to have to keep installing it either, so during one phase when I was testing the glide wrappers - I zipped the installed files up. They are here for now, but I'll put them on my site soon.
http://digitality.comyr.com/flyboy/lb2/progs/zGlideWrapper084c.zip

Extract to your LB2 directory keeping file structure intact (if you wish to have the docs viewable properly). Obviously ignore the 'uninstall.exe' file, and I think the critical files you need to actually have the wrapper work are the following:
* configurator.exe
* glide_wrapper.zbag.ini
* glide2x.dll

I don't think there were any registry entries that you need, if so let me know.

Oh, and that will be $10 please! biggrin

#3107531 - 10/05/10 07:49 AM Re: Zeckensack's Wrapper, is it portable? [Re: Flyboy]  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
Hi Flyboy,

Thanks for the help and the file.
Yes, the problem is, that I do not have rights to install, especially into the system directories (which this wrapper is using).
I'll give it a try and will come back with some feedback.
As for the payment, I do not really like the way it goes nowadays with this money thing, I'll try to find other ways...:)
I am a musician (both on instrument and can compose on computer), programmer in various languages and IT manager.
If you have interests in any of these, we can find out something.... smile

Thanks again.

Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
#3107570 - 10/05/10 11:30 AM Re: Zeckensack's Wrapper, is it portable? [Re: Staniol]  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
I don't know why the wrapper is trying to access the system directories, perhaps it DOES put something there - but I don't know. As for the payment thing - it was a joke! You don't have to explain yourself to me as to what you can 'pay' with, it was just a joke! smile

#3107581 - 10/05/10 12:05 PM Re: Zeckensack's Wrapper, is it portable? [Re: Staniol]  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
Yeah I understood that it was a joke, I tried to make another one too...:)
Maybe I should use more smileys, our improve my english.

As far as I remember, when you install this wrapper, it puts the glide2x.dll to windows's system dir, so it is accesible for all progs.

Anyway, I tested your zip, and it works perfectly.
Flawless with f22-TAW and Red Baron3d.
Has some issues with HIND (the picture is upside down, will try to solve it somehow.)
As for LB2, I need to do another fight with the virusscanner before I can move on.

Thanks for your help.

#3107610 - 10/05/10 12:50 PM Re: Zeckensack's Wrapper, is it portable? [Re: Staniol]  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
I'm glad that you got what I said as a joke! smile

Yeah I think I do remember zeckensack's putting a DLL file in the system directory now, but yeah it only needs to go there if you want all games to be able to access Glide (where applicable).

What AV program are you using? Go into it's options and try to exlude the LB2 directory from the real-time scanner - that should stop it kicking up a stink every time you try to play LB2.

It's cool that my ZIP works!

You say you can play an instrument and compose music? Perhaps you could do a song declaring your undying love for Flyboy and his dedication to LB2? tuner biggrin

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
K2-18b - Life?
by RossUK. 04/27/24 10:46 AM
Jim Scoutten was 77
by F4UDash4. 04/27/24 10:35 AM
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.