Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band: Oct 10 Thu • 7:30pm
Raising Cane’s River Center Arena, Baton Rouge, LA

Alright, I said no more arena concerts and yet I'm going back to an arena...

1. It's local and on a Thursday evening so downtown Baton Rouge should otherwise be dead, and with no chance of LSU football traffic (BR traffic can be a pain, not from too many cars but from too few lanes of road).

2. The BR arena (known as the Centroplex when built in the late-70's) is small compared to newer arenas, so even the upper sections aren't too far from the stage (our tickets are upper section, about mid-ways the floor).

3. The setlist (see below). I know some people prefer to be surprised, but I have to see a setlist before I pay (in this case, $75.00 x2 + fees). Really though, with an 'oldies' act, you pretty much know what to expect or should expect to hear.

There's also a huge nostalgic factor (I'm sure you're not surprised). biggrin I had only one first date in my life and it was in this building, seeing Alabama with my wife in 1984. I'm ready to go back inside for a concert and to also enjoy live music again. I haven't been to a concert since Journey/Def Leppard last year, a bit gun shy after non-related (we think) hearing loss in one ear. Ears seem to be good now (under care of audiologist, but mostly corrected themselves over time) and I'll wear my earplugs if I feel it's too loud, but I doubt that'll be the case.

However, we're also seeing the Molly Ringwalds next Friday evening (it's been a looong time) and I'll likely wear my ear plugs to that one.

++++++++++

Setlist:
=====

Shakedown -OR- The Highway
Still the Same
The Fire Down Below
Mainstreet
Old Time Rock & Roll
Downtown Train (Tom Waits cover) -OR- The Fire Inside
Shame on the Moon (Rodney Crowell cover)
Roll Me Away
Come to Poppa
Her Strut
Like a Rock
You'll Accomp'ny Me
We've Got Tonight
Travelin' Man
Beautiful Loser
Turn the Page
Forever Young (Bob Dylan cover)
Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Encore: