Originally Posted by RedToo
Lovely sceenshots Blade_Meister, but even after all this time the aircraft still look like they have been dipped in milk. What is it with the shaders in this sim? It's like the aircraft skins are using the same shaders as might be used to show haze in the distance. Don't get me wrong I love CoD and am waiting impatiently for Team Fusion 5, but the way the sim represents the planes is odd and annoying. It shows particularly well in your second and final screenshots of the Hurri, against the tree foliage and the lighthouse.

That skin is literally called "Heavy Weathering with Markings". That is not your typical skin. While I respect your opinion, I completely disagree with itEdit: After thinking on what you said, I can kind of agree, maybe it is some of the shiny reflections? Otherwise I can't really put my finger on it, but the "dipped in milk" description just keeps coming to mind and I can kind of see it. I have to say though that it never bothered me as I really think CLOD always had great potential. I got it, they look like the chocolate easter bunny! I am just hoping to no end that TFS gets the Core fixes right and really hits a Home Run with 5.0. To me, IMHO, CLOD has always looked like one of the most realistic sim presentations of these war birds and the English/French landscapes. Maybe that is just me, but that is my 2 cents worth. Thanks for your comments. Here are some more traditional cleaner skins.

S!Blade<><
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 02/27/19 03:33 AM.