Originally Posted By: CyBerkut
Originally Posted By: JimK
Crossed over to the darkside this past Sept. Bought Nokia Lumia Icon and just love it.
Can use it as a mobile hotspot for WiFi with my 4GLTE plan. And with 4gb/mo its great
when we go places with no WiFi. I am the hotspot then. It even gets better speed then
my cable modem.

yep

I avoided the whole smartphone thing too, for much the same reason as other folks mention in here. This year, my job moved me to a different project, and it became apparent to me that additional capabilities provided by a smartphone would make doing my job easier / more efficient.

A big, unplanned for benefit is that the wife is now typically head down on her phone playing some game instead of attempting to "help" me drive while we are traveling. winkngrin

Flip phones / candy bar phones are still a good choice for many people, and if it fits ones needs, they are usually a lot less expensive to run. Different horses for different courses!

What a bunch of Luddites! biggrin

I rarely use my personal smart phone since I must carry my work phone 24/7. Nothing worse then
carrying 2 phones at once and they both ring at the same time. I only use my personal phone when
we go places together. Been having to carry a work phone for 18 years. Hate the damn thing even
though its a samsung heavy duty flip phone with rubberized edges.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos