Originally Posted By: Skoop
It sounds like you are describing an "Air Quake" TvT environment, but seriously 90 % of dcs mp servers are coop. Most TvT is in FC2.

In my experience the vast majority of TvT games/sessions do become "Quakes" no matter what game or gametype (Flight sim, FPS, etc...) we are talking about and also it doesn't matter if the games are "realistic" or "arcade".

Quote:

I still think it's a great idea for the CH team to explore the possibility of creating a dcs apache module and create some cash for their own project in the long term. I would buy both sims if they are completed.

One of the problems is that there's absolutely NO garantees that CH gets funded or enought funds by creating an Apache module for DCS (and it was Flexman himself that said this!) and together with this you have the FACT that the DCS sims gameplay is basically the complete/total opposite to what will be CH gameplay and finally add the FACT that DCS sims and CH are inded competing sims (no matter what anyone says and also doesn't matter if both devs don't ackowlege this in public) and with this you'll see enough reasons why for Flexman and his staff doing an Apache (or Chinook) module for DCS isn't a that great idea.

IMO, I think that Flexman and his staff would be better of and better funded if they used the "Kickstarter" project. Kickstarter seems really a great way to get funds and I really advise Flexnam to at least give a look at it, perhaps this the best way for "indie" developers to get funds currently available.