Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4646901 - 05/20/24 04:00 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Then I should have fewer points not more. I had 133 when I looked last night and 160 today, but now five fewer than you. Not a big deal, but I wish this all happened faster and the first try sticks.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4646984 - 05/22/24 01:15 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Monaco GP this week !

My youngest son has found a week job there, guarding luxury cars. He now asks me to rent one for a day hahaha

I have hopes for Charles this year, dunno why since he's always unlucky there. But with cars very close to one another, his intimacy with the track, his natural talent, Ferrari less prompt to screw pit stops, who knows ?

#4647003 - 05/22/24 03:44 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Leclerc is overdue, not just at Monaco but in general. He is too fast and too good of a driver to have such a long time with no victories. Monaco would be perfect. I watched the 2019 Monaco Grand Prix last night and it was a nightmare for Leclerc. He finally retired after having a whole bunch of troubles. He lost his head a little bit in that one, but he has grown. I'd be happy to see him win Monaco.

#4647088 - 05/25/24 12:17 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Based on practice, Leclerc is going to be hard to beat. This is his best shot yet at Monaco. Lets see if he grabs it. Merc and Hamilton looking good. I predicted at the beginning of the season that four teams would win races this year and if Merc pull it off this will be true. On to quali!

#4647105 - 05/25/24 03:05 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
#FezHype #LEC1st band

#4647106 - 05/25/24 03:06 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Alonso failed again, what's wrong ?

Great job by TSU, ALB and GAS thumbsup

#4647138 - 05/26/24 01:44 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, Fernando has been out of sorts for weeks now, at least back to China. Now Stroll has pulled even in qualifying 4 to 4. No way I would expect that so yeah, fair to wonder what's is going on.

Red flag now. Crazy first lap.

K Mag is a menace.

Gasly and Ocon are good entertainment. Rivalries in any sport are great. Motorsport is no exception, but you usually want it among rival teams too! These guys battle each other hard, and you cannot have it, but I love to see it.

Not Checo's fault, but it is because even with the RB20 off song this week he should still be well ahead of the two disqualified Haas cars on the grid. Qualifying is too important in today's F1, with the margins so thin as I always talk about. For whatever strengths Perez possesses, his Saturdays just cost them too much and if they don't replace him for 2025 I think they are making a mistake. Who that could/should/would be is a question, but his time's up I think.

Now let's see what happens, race about to resume

#4647148 - 05/26/24 05:04 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Charles DID IT !!!!!!

At last !

And my son was there !!

And I picked up Fez in Fantasy !!!!!!!

Well ofc I also picked both Haas drivers, but still , what a week-end !!!!!!!!

aroundthetree

#4647153 - 05/27/24 05:49 AM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France

That's soooo us hahaha

#4647159 - 05/27/24 03:51 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Congrats rollnloop on your huge win. Well played. Last year, Monaco was my worst scoring race of the year at 132 points. This week I got 25. Oi vey. You've opened a massive gap with your smart changes. You did get lucky with Sainz though....

I laughed at Sintax this morning (we work together) as he scored -108 points lol. He says he is quitting!

That race sucked. no lipstick on that pig. But I am very happy for Leclerc who is just such a likeable guy.

On the other hand the Indy 500 was electric. What a race!

#4647170 - 05/27/24 05:02 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Luck is very much MVP in this game, I'll take it when it's mine biggrin

#4647175 - 05/27/24 05:57 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by DBond
Yeah, Fernando has been out of sorts for weeks now, at least back to China. Now Stroll has pulled even in qualifying 4 to 4. No way I would expect that so yeah, fair to wonder what's is going on.

Red flag now. Crazy first lap.

K Mag is a menace.

Gasly and Ocon are good entertainment. Rivalries in any sport are great. Motorsport is no exception, but you usually want it among rival teams too! These guys battle each other hard, and you cannot have it, but I love to see it.

Not Checo's fault, but it is because even with the RB20 off song this week he should still be well ahead of the two disqualified Haas cars on the grid. Qualifying is too important in today's F1, with the margins so thin as I always talk about. For whatever strengths Perez possesses, his Saturdays just cost them too much and if they don't replace him for 2025 I think they are making a mistake. Who that could/should/would be is a question, but his time's up I think.

Now let's see what happens, race about to resume

There is a Ferrari driver available at years end.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4647176 - 05/27/24 06:12 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, and would have been my first choice, but evidently Red Bull have said no already.

I think it's because they already have one overbearing dad hanging around.

#4647177 - 05/27/24 07:28 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Apparently some pundits seem to suggest that Alonso was ridning tail-end Charlie to help Stroll gain time for a pitstop. Fred is a shrewd operator so does he want to gain some favours from Aston Martin and papa Stroll? These old champions who can’t seem to retire and make room for new talent, some of them want to become brand ambassadors or special sporting advisors for lifetime. I mean, if you love the lifestyle and want to hang out with the fast and furious, I guess that’s a good retirement plan.

Indycar however seems to break new talent every year, the number of rookies never ceasing to astound me. A great Indy 500 this year, with no yellow flags the last 25 laps. I’m glad they outlawed the Dragon, getting rid of the dangerous and ridiculous weaving down the front straightaway on the last lap.

With the Dragon, you’d want to be in the lead out of turn 4 to win but with weaving banned, lying second in the draft was the winning move. Pure Monza out of Parabolica in the late sixties and early seventies, a drag race to the finish.

Last edited by McGonigle; 05/27/24 07:29 PM.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4647204 - 05/28/24 01:34 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I really enjoyed that 500. The slingshotting is so cool, makes it so tactical, and Pato just shot his sling a little too early. The speeds are insane around the Brickyard, and these guys (and girls!) have so much bravery. The 500 is special, an entire month gets devoted to it. The interviews with the drivers reveal how much it means to them, the history of the place. And yeah Jens, Indy Car has become a hot series for up and coming drivers. The number of drivers coming across the pond has exploded. Indy Car should be hot. It's a fantastic series. Very competitive, big fields, merit based qualification. Usually not a big fan of spec series, but this works, and the Honda/Chevy dynamic plays a part in that. The mix of ovals, road courses and street tracks is pretty unique too. The drivers have more personality in a way, or at least they seem less guarded than F1. Their interviews are way better anyway.

I'm so happy they fixed the CART/Indy Car divide and since then they've pretty much been nailing it.

Apparently Alonso drove the last 50 laps of the race thinking he was running tenth, or so he has said. He needs Otterhud

#4647440 - 06/03/24 03:19 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well done to Scott Dixon for yesterday's Detroit triumph. His team pulled off the right strategy.

But that race. I didn't car for the brand of racing served up yesterday. This track just isn't well-suited to racing at this level. Some of the driving was amateurish too. Too many crashes, lunges, contact causing spins. Partly that's on the drivers, but with a track of this nature it's inevitable. The track doesn't look good on TV and the racing is poor. I had just been praising Indy Car in my last post and then they serve up this mess. Go back to Belle Isle or leave Detroit altogether. There has to be a better option than this city street track.

In F1 news, Ocon has lost his Alpine seat for 2025 and no replacement has yet been named.

#4647446 - 06/03/24 04:26 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
I was just thinking (bold claim, I know) that with all the talk about how to maintain interest in the series and the championship after The Month of May and Indy, the worst thing one could do would be to go to the current Detroit layout and stage a stupid and pointless crashfest like yesterday’s “race”. It was more like the yellow-flag demolition derby than a race.

Yeah, with such a narrow and bumpy track a lot of drivers thought they had to do bold moves and some of the moves paid off and some didn’t. But the Master of going Further on a tank of gas than anyone else, Scott Dixon, showed everybody that a nice and quiet approach gets the job done.

Ideally, Indy should be followed up by a similar style race, oval and fast, almost a “rematch”. Something like Texas would fit the bill I think.

And the current configuration of Detroit should be abandoned tout suite. Belle Isle was much better.

Last edited by McGonigle; 06/03/24 04:28 PM.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4647504 - 06/04/24 04:31 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: DBond]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
I've always been somewhat a fan of Ocon, and still am.

However, he's a bit of a c*un*t (french for c*un*t is "con", funnily enough, so Ocon sound like "hey c*un*t") at times, and with so much experience in F1 he should know better than try to overtake a teammate in an unsafe manner without team's approval.

#4647512 - 06/04/24 05:39 PM Re: Formula 1 [Re: McGonigle]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by McGonigle

Ideally, Indy should be followed up by a similar style race, oval and fast, almost a “rematch”. Something like Texas would fit the bill I think.

I like this idea. Anything at a mile-and-a-half would be perfect.

Ocon yeah. Seems like a decent guy off the track, in interviews. Relaxed, thoughtful. But in the car it's like a switch flips and he refuses to be behind his teammate. Like that is all that matters to him. On one hand I kind of get it. Everyone judges drivers on this, first. We all use the intra-team battle to shade our perception of how good or bad that dude is at driving a F1 car. And while winning that battle should be every driver's aim, there's a line where it becomes unaccceptable and Ocon is not just straddling that line but jumps clear to the other side. He did it with Perez at Racing Point, maybe not so much Ricciardo at Renault, or nothing stands out in the memory. He's back at it with Fernando at Alpine in a big way and now again with Gasly. There's two sides to all of this, but the scale is tipped way over on to Ocon's side. Honestly I was surprised to see Alpine let him go despite all of this, so I think despite what they are saying, Monaco is the reason

Coming in to that race Alpine had one point, and sat 10th and 11th on the grid. At this track that is ideal setup to score. No one can pass anyway, and with a car behind as a buffer then it's like in the bag, if all goes well. And according to reports this is exactly what was stressed to both drivers in the pre-race. There were non-negotiable team orders for Ocon to play the gunner for Gasly. I'm sure Esteban nodded along, but who knows. And then when he ignores this on the first lap and takes out himself and nearly Gasly it must have been infuriating for management. So much so that it was probably seen as insubordination, rebellious. And with that they have little choice.

I just saw Perez has been signed up for two years by Red Bull dammit. I don't know what they are thinking. Is he a pay driver or something lol?

This should be an interesting driver market after last year when nothing changed. Lots of seats will be flipped this year I think.

Page 81 of 82 1 2 79 80 81 82

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Euro 24
by RossUK. 06/14/24 08:28 PM
First PC... 1995
by F4UDash4. 06/13/24 05:56 PM
Scramble: Battle of Britain
by RedOneAlpha. 06/10/24 06:37 PM
Upcoming Games
by RedOneAlpha. 06/08/24 09:57 AM
Apollo 8 Astronaut William Anders was 90
by F4UDash4. 06/08/24 12:07 AM
ALIEN: Romulus first full trailer
by NoFlyBoy. 06/06/24 12:10 PM
D-Day
by F4UDash4. 06/06/24 09:58 AM
How many wet shave?
by RedOneAlpha. 06/04/24 03:05 PM
Seabee Operations in the Pacific During WW2.
by RedToo. 06/04/24 03:04 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.