Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 63 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 62 63
#4136107 - 06/18/15 05:27 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF ***** [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

Very nice Lou, great atmosphere!

#4136144 - 06/18/15 06:24 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Nebovolk]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Originally Posted By: Nebovolk
Originally Posted By: Cavaliere57
Did I say Italian Front yet? Hoops sorry.... exitstageleft

Never knew much about this theater of operations, but after your incessant requests for the Italian front I decided to do a little research. My initial preference (if a new front were to be added) was the Eastern front, but after what I've read I've changed my mind.

One more vote for the Italian front, if/when OBD ever decides to expand the operational area. smile

It was a big thing,and it would be the most interesting add on for WOFF,not because I am Italian,but because it was a major thetare of operations with many interesting planes and the terrain is already there,just look HERE

" In vino veritas "
#4136146 - 06/18/15 06:25 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: AceMedic88]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Originally Posted By: CaNy_Ace88
All this talk about Italian front, but wouldn't a Mesopotamian front be the easiest to create? It's mostly sand with almost all the same colors. Plus the experience of over heating the engine more often than dealing with a freezing/cold engine would be a change.

But I've been over there twice so I don't really need this

Well read about it and then I suppose you would not compare the two.....there's really no match! cool

" In vino veritas "
#4136196 - 06/18/15 07:47 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Cavaliere57]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
Originally Posted By: Cavaliere57
Originally Posted By: CaNy_Ace88
All this talk about Italian front, but wouldn't a Mesopotamian front be the easiest to create? It's mostly sand with almost all the same colors. Plus the experience of over heating the engine more often than dealing with a freezing/cold engine would be a change.

But I've been over there twice so I don't really need this

Well read about it and then I suppose you would not compare the two.....there's really no match! cool

Oh I'm aware, I was being difficult, sir.

I got fired as the door man at a sperm bank.
Apparently it's in poor taste to tell leaving customers "Thanks for coming."

Former U.S. Army Medic - SGT.
#4136779 - 06/19/15 11:52 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
BKCason Offline
BKCason  Offline

Maryland, USA
I am very new to WOFF [just a week or so] but I ran into something that I feel could be improved.

I started a campaign and 3 missions in, I messed up a landing, destroyed the plane, and killed myself & the observer. I expected to have to start a new character/mission. But, I found I had left the "player never dies" setting in the Workshop on. So my character is still alive. This was disappointing to me since I planned on being on the realistic side with this campaign. I was fully prepared to have to start over. Since there is only one set of Workshop settings that apply to all characters, it looks like I will have to micro-manage the Workshop settings to be sure I have what I want for any flight.

Would it be possible for the Workshop settings to be on a per character basis?

So pilot1 could be the one where "player never dies" is set on and all sorts of experiments/wild adventures take place and the pilot never dies.

Pilot2 could could have a different set of Workshop settings from Pilot1, including the chance to die.

That way I would not have to remember to check to see what the settings in the Workshop are before jumping into a new character.

I realize this request could be anywhere from trivial to nearly impossible depending on the WOFF design. I won't be heartbroken or leaving WOFF [you won't get rid of me that easily smile ] if no one else likes the idea or you developers say it is undesirable for some reason or perhaps too big a job.

In the meantime, I'll put together a check-list of things to verify before each mission/flight. Pilots are big on check-lists, right? reading

Last edited by BKCason; 06/19/15 11:55 PM. Reason: syntax & spelling are hard

Regards,
Ben Cason
"I shall endeavor to persevere" - Chief Dan George in "Outlaw Josey Wales"

#4136835 - 06/20/15 03:41 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Bk, I'll second your request, I've also wished we had that functionality. I also would like to see some kind of sea traffic when you're flying over the ocean, fishing boats, trawlers, ferries that kind of stuff.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4136837 - 06/20/15 03:58 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Nebovolk Offline
Nebovolk  Offline

The Far East
Good idea Ben. I'll expand on it a little further with regards to QC missions.

If you have all logging enabled, pilot death defaults to whatever the main setting for that pilot is, or as it works now, the workshop setting. If only campaign logging is enabled, make "pilot never dies" the default in QC missions. It really doesn't make sense for this checkbox to be disabled by default if you're not logging the QC flights. The way it is now you don't get the reward for a successful QC mission, but you get the punishment if you buy the farm (dead) or land in the hospital (lose calendar time).

This would help reduce those moments of "oh snap, did I remember to check off that box?". If you know you're logging everything, then it makes sense to die in QC if you haven't made your pilot invulnerable.

#4136840 - 06/20/15 04:10 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Nebovolk Offline
Nebovolk  Offline

The Far East
I'd like for observers to be a bit distracted when their plane bursts into flame and begins heading straight to the ground. Understandably some might continue the 'good fight' even when they know they're doomed, but not all (most?). Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's just human nature to forget about firing your guns when you're surrounded by flames and experiencing a free fall effect. smile

I think a small random chance that the observer would continue firing would do the trick. That could account for the hard as steel types who want to take you down with them. I've lost track of how often I've been damaged or wounded by these extraordinarily brave superhuman enemy observers. ar15

#4136973 - 06/20/15 03:46 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
Now that we have the Nieuport 10 C.I, I'd really like to see the Nieuport 2 seaters added to the mix. I see and read a lot of references to them and now I'm curious to fly one, and shoot them down too!

#4137539 - 06/22/15 01:59 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Nebovolk Offline
Nebovolk  Offline

The Far East
Assign a pilot picture number just for user customized pictures, such as Pilot0.bmp or Pilot101.bmp, which WOFF won't use for generated pilots. This allows us to create a custom pic without taking away any WOFF provided ones used for other squadron members, and ensures we won't have that extremely odd feeling walking into the duty room and finding our doppelganger staring at us. biggrin

#4137699 - 06/22/15 01:35 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
What about a nice little Showroom for a quick-preview of personal Skins?
Some of the Planes have a gazillion Skins... and you just look at the List and think "Hmmm... what might Henry Baguettes' N17-z of Esc 89569568 in 1917 have looked like?"

This Showroom wouldn't neccesarily have to be overly poshy...
You can skip the Gangster-Style-Hip-Hop-Background-Music, the 24" Chrome-Wheels and the Stage-3-Yamamoto-Turbocharger-Option.
We can always talk about the Bikini-Girls, presenting the Aircraft, though...

#4137737 - 06/22/15 02:40 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Polovski said it's not easy to do and to put it in the wish list, so here it is.

Bullet hole damage visual effects to wings and fuselage that give you a better idea how damaged the plane (yours or theirs) actually is. For example, if I had unleashed a bunch of rounds that struck the lower wings and they were say half way or 75% of the way towards total wing failure, they might look like this:

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4138444 - 06/23/15 04:30 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: yaan98]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Originally Posted By: yaan98
Pol, that's a rude and uncalled for statement which is not true. I didn't show any attitude, in fact, I have been very civil in my replies.

Check my first post before all of this nonsense started and you'll see that I made a simple wish without any complaints or criticism. Now stop it and move on.

It's not your first quote that's the problem.

And I said nothing there that was "rude" - yet you can say ;

"a typical useless reply which adds nothing to the discussion from a devote supporter."

Now that's rude.

"However, if you're still stuck on the famous phrase.... "there is nothing wrong with this sim!!", then nothing anyone says will make any difference."

Well if you believe we have not fixed problems, and added dozens of free new features and improvements based on feedback there's something wrong with you. Read the release notes.

Just because your opinion or idea isn't there yet doesn't mean we won't and it doesn't mean we will.

If the thread or forum isn't pleasant to come read we will simply stop replying or reading it.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4139698 - 06/26/15 07:49 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Dimus Offline
Dimus  Offline

Greece
OK I know this is a big issue and I have been given some explanation about the lack of it in another thread, however I'll go ahead and shoot it:

Me and my online squadmates would really like a coop multiplayer function combined with a mission maker. We started our squad way back when OFF Phase 2 was introduced and had great fun, even with the CFS3 online quirks. When OFF lost the online function we moved on to Il-2 flying WW2 instead of our beloved N17s and were thrilled when modders created what is now called Dawn of Flight in Il-2, which works quite well and covers most of our needs. Tried ROF for a short while but it did not work well for us. A revamped multiplayer function in WOFF 2 would be amazing.

#4140316 - 06/27/15 09:22 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Yes, yes it would!

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4141418 - 06/30/15 06:10 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

I guess this wish won´t be high in the list for the devs, it would take quite a lot of time to check all the skins after modifying a 3d model after all,....But here it goes:

After the huge step forward WOFF has made after 2.0X I think it wouldn´t be too much asking for gorgeous 3d models (this sounds,...well, odd wink ). I mean, todays computers are able to manage more and more polygons so please, would it be possible to have Albatros 3d model revised? Specially the rudder and stabilizer look to have a low poly count and as result don´t look as modern sim models anymore,...

Just dreaming,...

Last edited by ArisFuser; 06/30/15 06:11 PM.
#4143173 - 07/05/15 08:32 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
Adding a C-flight for the bigger squadrons. I know not all, especially the recce/bomber squadrons. Also, I'm sure there's a basic explanation for this the devs can offer, but more dawn patrols? I've noticed that during career summer specifically the earliest flights have always been around 6. Winter is good for this for dawn patrols, don't know if mission start times are determined by season.

#4143852 - 07/07/15 04:35 PM Future expansion idea...  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
I know we all still want some more planes however I would love to see an expansion that improved upon the battles going on on the ground. I'd love to see alot more explosions during a historical attack plus different sizes of explosions and shrapnel explosions. Would also love to see more ground activity with soldiers moving across no mans land plus tracer being fired across the battlefield. Maybe if possible improve the soldiers visually and animate them.

All books mention how the sky was lit up and flashing across the horizon when a big bombardment was going on. Would love to see this effect at night or dusk\dawn.

To simulate during a heavy bombardment the effects of being bounced\rocked across the sky from shell turbalence maybe if possible increase wind effects when going across no mans land.

WOFF is so atmospheric already and easy has the best no mans land ever made for a WW1 sim I'd love to see it being improved even more. It's an aspect that adds so much to the immersion.

Obviously have these effects with workshop settings so people can increase or decrease them depending on their Rig set up. Maybe have the top settings for those who have Titans in their Rig so that over time as people upgrade they can increase the new effects.

I certainly would pay for a "Ground Battle" expansion.

#4143858 - 07/07/15 04:44 PM Re: Future expansion idea... [Re: Wodin]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
All this takes more CPU cycles and well as GPU cycles.

What are you willing to give up, to get this ???

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4143899 - 07/07/15 06:29 PM Re: Future expansion idea... [Re: Wodin]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Yes, a lot of CPU cycles there and the front lines already have the most pronounced FPS hit of areas, especially in 1918.

hmmm. Expansion ideas. (great thread idea Wodin!)

I'm going to say I'd like to see an Expansion involving the French 2 Seaters. Given how much time and energy it takes for OBD to create the planes, FM, DM, squadron paint jobs, squadron locations, etc, etc I would like to see OBD get well paid for all the effort it would take to introduce them into WOFF. An Expansion based off of French 2 seaters would allow them to create some of the more prominent types and get them into the war in a way that might be worth their effort to do.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

Page 33 of 63 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 62 63

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
K2-18b - Life?
by RossUK. 04/27/24 10:46 AM