Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3933280 - 04/02/14 01:24 AM Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In *****  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Spring 2014 and the next SimHQ/DCS Fly-In starts Friday, May 2, 2014.

These Fly-Ins are hosted to bring together the world-wide community of DCS World members. For all the folks out there who have joined The Firehouse and Hollo Pointe servers over the years, please stop by and say Hi! And we welcome the folks who want to join the multiplayer experience -- set aside an hour or two over May 2-3 and stop in to see what it is like (I hope we get a good crowd smile ), but you may want to add a time extension in case you start having fun. See the rules below.

This event will go from Friday May 2nd through Saturday night US time, with folks from all over the world, who participate at different times throughout the weekend. Two servers will be available, The Firehouse and Hollo Pointe.

SimHQ.com provides Teamspeak channels; there are separate channels for both servers with Blue and Red sub-channels. To use the SimHQ Teamspeak server you must be a registered member -- registration is free and easy. Join us in DCS World discussions at SimHQ.com.

Eno's Firehouse Server
The Firehouse will host various COOP missions. Some missions feature opposing Combined Arms players in Ground Commander and JTAC roles. Eno will elaborate on the weekend menu, and any Teamspeak alternatives/alternates. smile

Hollo Pointe Server
The Hollo Pointe server will host various COOP and H2H missions, with Combined Arms. Featured a/c are the A-10s, Hueys, some F-15Cs, some Red a/c: MiG-29s, Su's, Ka-50 and Mi-8T.

*** Please indicate in thread comments if you are looking to fly the "some" a/c, and if Friday or Saturday and we will do our best to set a mission schedule that includes them. ***

---

Rules:
In order to ensure fun play for everyone, there are some ground rules and/or guidelines listed below. In general, if a player is disrupting everyone else's good time, they will be kicked and/or banned.

Shoot to Kill, Play to Have Fun. Play nice.

No team-killing, consensual or otherwise. People may be banned for offenses.

No obscene language, VOIP or text. Not all folks enjoy obscene language, even if meant in good humor. Other folks may have friends/family reading the chat messages over their shoulder or listening in on external speakers and may hear what you intended as a closed room comment.
Use push-to-talk on your VOIP program.

Read the chat bar and send text messages for important comms in addition to broadcasting over VOIP (not everyone may using the same VOIP program). Be sure to program your chat key for the DCS modules.

Know how to start your a/c and use the active runway.

There is an active runway at each airbase that includes a preferred direction for takeoff/landing. Ask if you’re not sure; the Tower should direct you to it with the heading. Do not go against the flow, even if it means a longer flight or taxi. Declare an emergency in chat within ten miles of the airbase if you must go against the active runway heading and call for a clear runway and state how far out you are in miles and minutes.
Stop and announce intentions before rolling onto a runway, even if just taxiing “quickly” across. Tip: Check the surrounding area for other players using the F10 map view. Don't back taxi down a runway unless there's no other way to go. Even then, announce it to the group.
The priority order when there’s a conflict for runway or taxiway access is as follows:
1) Emergency (damage or low fuel)
2) Landing
3) Taking off
4) Taxiing to runway
5) Taxiing from runway
In the event of a priority tie “Got There First” and “Right of Way” (i.e., if the other vehicle is to your right, you let them go ahead of you) are the tie breakers.
Clear the runway as fast as possible after landing and then announce it: "Skippy5 is clear of the active runway!"

Remember, we're all here to have fun. If you find yourself not having fun, angry or upset, step away from the Warthog HOTAS for a few minutes, cool down, and then rejoin. And, of course, please let us know in the SimHQ DCS World forum or via Private Message what we can do better next time.

---

A big thanks as always to SimHQ for the post of these announcements and use of the SimHQ TS3 server.

Wrecking Crew

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3933292 - 04/02/14 01:57 AM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
EinsteinEP Offline
Just a Noob
EinsteinEP  Offline
Just a Noob

Tucson, AZ
Excellent! Looking forward to it!

Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
#3933481 - 04/02/14 04:32 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Stevos758 Offline
Stevos758  Offline

This looks awesome! Count me in!

#3933487 - 04/02/14 04:45 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
SpokeJocky Offline
SpokeJocky  Offline

Indiana, U.S.A.
Oh Heck yea!!, Count me in Brotha.

I'm new to multi-player, so I'm not sure where I should start, Do I Search for a server when I login I'm guessing?

Or get an IP for the TeamSpeak channel and be guided from there?.

If I read the rules correctly, I think I'm supposed to tell you I'd like to Fly one of your shiny new A10's from the Cold Start on Friday night and if it’s cool, I'd like to fly what's left of it on Saturday afternoon?

SpokeJocky

SpokeJocky

Sky is not my limit, It's my Income.
#3933532 - 04/02/14 05:37 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

WC,

You know that by setting the date to May 2, you postponed the 1.2.8 release to May 1st, right?

neaner

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#3933695 - 04/03/14 12:22 AM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
LOL ^^^ Yes, that did happen a few Fly-Ins ago.

Here's hoping that the v128 will be out before the Fly-IN -- it takes me many hours to dl a typical update here at my Client machine -- I'm on a stenken DSL connection.

Both of the servers have fast Internet hookups, so no problem there getting them patched.

WC

#3933700 - 04/03/14 12:37 AM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: SpokeJocky]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Originally Posted By: SpokeJocky
Oh Heck yea!!, Count me in Brotha.

I'm new to multi-player, so I'm not sure where I should start, Do I Search for a server when I login I'm guessing?

Or get an IP for the TeamSpeak channel and be guided from there?.

If I read the rules correctly, I think I'm supposed to tell you I'd like to Fly one of your shiny new A10's from the Cold Start on Friday night and if it’s cool, I'd like to fly what's left of it on Saturday afternoon?

SpokeJocky

hee hee SpokeJocky,

No no it is *your* shiny new A-10C -- mine is a bit weathered smile

The Fly-In servers are Hollo Pointe and Eno's Firehouse.

Do try to connect sometime this month, and get SimHQ Teamspeak working too. Even if you don't have a mic or don't want to talk, the Fly-Ins have lots of folks on TS who like to chatter, and the experience is worth it.

Between Eno and I we have 40-50 missions to pick from. Definitely the A-10C will be prominent, as will be the Huey. Not so much the Red forces' MiG's and Su's; where you see those a/c in a mission they are often in opposing slots -- head to head. We don't fly too many H2H missions because a lot of folks just don't like to get blasted out of the air by another guy, and especially by a *girl*. If you want to fly a MiG or Su then let me know ahead of time and that will try to be accommodated.

stirthepot

Ladies -- please join us. We would love to fly with you!

Some missions are strictly Cold Start for all a/c, some have Cold and Warm slots and some have Air Starts.

The missions are quite varied. Some A-10Cs do not have a TGP. WTF is that about? Deal with it! biggrin

That reminds me -- RTFM. Know how to start your jet and know how to not collide with other pilots when taking off and landing (see the rules). Use this month of April to figure that out.

RTFB -- Read The Frackin' Briefing, too. Each mission has a detailed briefing -- Learn it, know it, live it.

crew

#3933714 - 04/03/14 01:21 AM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
I'm in for the A10 on Friday and Saturday, maybe the Huey if I can figure out how to get the dang transitions and nav down.

#3933720 - 04/03/14 01:37 AM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Looking forward to logging some time in the Huey as well.

One thing I might ask, though: if you want to cast a wider net, perhaps adding A-10A slots on CAS missions that don't require a TGP or JTAC, and some Su-25A/T slots as well. I know some people who would love to join but would be too intimidated to do so with the A-10C.

EDIT:
One more thing: I'd like to formally request Ranger79's Operation: Piercing Fury missions, at least if the AI pathfinding is fixed in 1.2.8.

Last edited by HomeFries; 04/03/14 01:43 AM. Reason: One more thing

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#3934005 - 04/03/14 05:56 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
boomerang10 Offline
boomerang10  Offline

Texas
I'm trying to make this one but it seems like every time one of these comes around, I end up being out of town that weekend. It's looking like I could be out of town for work for this one as well.

If I'm home I'll jump in for some A-10C or Huey action.

#3934012 - 04/03/14 06:08 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
petethehatch Offline
petethehatch  Offline

portsmouth.UK
hello you lot how are you guys long time no see

CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor
NVIDA Geforce GTX 970
16 GB memory
SSD Capacity 256 GB
windows 10 HD 64 bit
joystick Saitek X52 PRO
CYBORG X Kayboard
Trac ir 4
DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire
IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
#3934102 - 04/03/14 08:04 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Holy cow pete- no kidding! Thought you'd fallen off the world...

We going to see you around in May?

#3934125 - 04/03/14 08:49 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
The Highway!

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3934155 - 04/03/14 09:25 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
SpokeJocky Offline
SpokeJocky  Offline

Indiana, U.S.A.
"No no it is *your* shiny new A-10C -- mine is a bit weathered smile"
Oh great!, I likely have the same A-10C, with the yellow windscreen?... and they told me this was an original...PISH..

"The Fly-In servers are Hollo Pointe and Eno's Firehouse."
I get it, I think we've beat this up enough now, understand I'll see these in the DCS world Multi-player server after I log in. I think a reply is not required here.

"get SimHQ Teamspeak working"

I think most of us are good here, If someone is on Steam, Find SpokeJocky and If I'm on I'll help get ya started, Blind leading the Blind right?
It's finding the channels that I have trouble with, I think I found the link to the Info for the TS channel so I think I'm good here. I don't know how to add a jump to that link I found no matter If I found it any one can.

"and especially by a *girl*."

Ain't mad, I get shot down by girls all the time, I like it

"Some A-10Cs do not have a TGP. WTF is that about? Deal with it! biggrin"

Really... Crap I hope not I'm even more useless without TGP. !!!!Them "girls" will be all over me!!!!:)

"RTFB -- Read The Frackin' Briefing,"

SHA!! don't fly a study sim if y'r not gona RTFB.
Can I get a peek at the briefings to help me choose my battles early? Perhaps I can make me some flight plans and munitions settings before I get in front of the DSMS|INV and PROG page, since that flight crew of mine ain't gona do it.

Sorry about all the questions, I'm trying to weed out all the 3rd grade level questions before I get in it.

SpokeJocky

#3934268 - 04/04/14 02:10 AM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Hollo Pointe will offer these missions for the Spring 2014 Fly-In --
Each mission's summary is given, along with the available Client aircraft slots.

---
Fulda Gap 1989
A-10A/C, UH-1H, Ground Commanders
Fall Morning, F10 Allies Only, COOP Air, SimHQ Teamspeak

--- Summary
World War III has broken out!

BLUEFOR (A-10 and UH-1H)
Stop the Soviet Forces before they can pass through the Fulda Gap (Waypoint 'Initial Point').

Destroy the RED units, but watch out, this is the Cold War gone hot.
Whatever you do, fly and fight under 2000 feet or risk the SA-10 shot.

Because Blue forces were caught off-guard, there are no TGPs in theater.
You are just going to have to fight w/o a TGP!

Blue wins the mission by eliminating all Red forces from a zone that extends from Kashuri to the west to Gori, and covers the towns of Agara and Kareli.

REDFOR
Sweep the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment aside so the 8th Guards Tank Army can pass through the Fulda Gap.

---
Pirates Of The Crimean
A-10A/C, Summer Night/Early Morning
F10 Allies Only, COOP

--- Summary
Pirates arr been seizin' shippin' in t' sou'-eastern Black Sea.
Intelligence suspects t' pirates arr b' tolerated arr a result o' corruption in t' Abkhazian govment - wid t' pirates engaged as 'privateers' t' interfere wid de shippin' headed for t' Georgian por' o' Poti.

D'ar Pirates' spokesman read ar strongly-worded statement which said, "ARRRrrrrrrrr."
Yo, a squadron o' US A-10C arr been conductin' joint exercises wid t' Georgian Armed Forces. T' president o' Georgia, Mikheil Saakashvili, arr personally requested t' US forces conduct a Freedom o' t' Seas operation and rid t' region o' t' pirate scourge.
Arrrgggg!

Bing'o Fuel from nor'-west Abkhazia t' Senaki b' 1500 lb and flight time she b' approx 20 mins.

Capt'n KC tankard will b' 'vailable 't angels 15 tween Kutaisi and Batumi. Dis tankard has TACAN 1X.

Waypoint 2 b' Bullseye for all de a/c, doncha know.

---
Operation Rampant Bear
A-10A/C, UH-1H, Combined Arms
F10 Fog Of War, Summer, COOP Air, SimHQ Teamspeak

Based on the original mission by 104th_Moa, and adapted for DCS World.
Full original mission briefing available at -
http://www.mediafire.com/?vc8ytbvh4xfnug6

--- Situation
It is 17 August 2008 and the Georgian Armed Forces bid to maintain territorial integrity has been defeated by a combination of Russian and local sucessionist forces.

The Russian Army now approaches the Georgian capital Tbilisi and threatens 'regime change'. Russia also wants to seize the oil pipeline passing from Baku through Georgia as this pipeline is the last in the region not under their control. If the Russians control this pipeline they can dictate energy security terms to Western Europe.

The US is tied up in Iraq and Afghanistan. It cannot send ground forces to bolster its Georgian ally, but can send a wing of A-10C Warthogs to tip the scales in the Georgians' favor.

---
GRAD EX
A-10A/C -- COLD START, COOP
F10 ALL View

--- SITUATION:
Our A-10s are tasked on a multi-faceted mission to deny the transfer of chemical weapons from a ammunition depot located on the coast south of Sukhumi Airbase.

The depot is guarded by light AA and a more potent SA-6 battery. Destruction of the SA-6 site is crucial to allow for unfettered access to additional targets.

A Red convoy is leaving the depot en-route to Sukhumi airbase where the chemical weapons will be transferred to a waiting cargo aircraft. Search the road between the depot and the airport and interdict the convoy.

Notice: Civilian regional jets are active in the area. DO NOT shoot down civilian aircraft!

---
Southern Storm
F-15C, A-10A&C vs Su-27, Mig-29S
F-10 Fog Of War, Head To Head

--- Summary
Red forces are at Gudauta Airbase. Cargo planes are inbound to build up the base, including air defenses. Artillery is expected.

This mission has a three hour time out and will reload.

---
Sturm Mountain Radar
F-15C, A-10A/C, UH-1H vs Ka-50, Mig-29S
Winter, F10 View FOW, Head To Head

--- Summary
The Red Democratic Republic is at it again -- another early warning radar system has been erected on Sturm Mountain.

Blue Liberation Front forces must destroy this radar site. Artillery units are in place but need to be re-supplied with ammo by helicopter.

Red fighter jets are expected to attack out of Vaziani.

This mission will time out in two hours.

---
Ants En Regalia UNDER EDITing
A-10A/C, Hunting At Night, 2300 Start Time
F10 Fog Of War, COOP, SimHQ Teamspeak

--- Summary
A hot summer night along the coast. Normal patrols... 2300 hours...

Near Arhipo-Osipovka
A civilian ship runs aground mysteriously.
Within a short time a base appears, illuminated for construction, most of the activity being underground.

With little warning the night sky above the base is filled with smoke and red fireballs. Suddenly troops come pouring out of the bunker and head off into the night.

Realization dawned on the Blue Liberation Force - this is the start of a major invasion! It seems that the Red Democratic Republic obtained new technology and with it they are rapidly spreading, advancing their forces towards Gelendzhik, Novorossiysk and Krymsk.

The good news is that there are no real air defense threats.

---
Back To School
Somebody did not get the lesson plan.
A-10A/C, UH-1H, Ka-50, Su-25T, Ground Commander & JTAC
F10 Fog Of War, H2H, SimHQ Teamspeak

--- Summary
Blue: A-10C, Ka-50
Red: A-10C, Ka-50, Su-25T
Group ID 11, Own ID is slot number

General Vaz is at it again, maybe in a last desperate attempt to pull his Red Democratic Republic coalition together. Political pundits think it is a bad move for the RDR. Some think the General is dead and that the RDR is hiding behind his image.

The United Nations is calling for restraint.

The Blue Liberation Front (BLF) is surprised at this attack at Beslan. There is no strategic value, in fact the city is difficult to approach on a broad front. Traffic is restricted at river crossings.

General Vaz has vowed to take down the monument to "the imposters of our struggle", and blamed the BLF authorities for "a terrible tragedy" in Beslan. He said he was "cruelly mistaken" and that he was "not delighted by what happened there", but also added to be "planning more Beslan-type operations in the future because we are forced to do so."

The RDR and General Vaz must be stopped.

RDR forces have been assembling for weeks - here and there, and catching notice of BLF eyes.

The Red RDR forces suddenly staged an attack on Beslan - but uncoordinated.

Blue BLF reinforcements are arriving at the airport to defend the city and protect the monument.

As more BLF forces arrive it appears that the RDR is in disarray. BLF intelligence reports that General Vaz is missing.

The RDR seems to have lost control of the Beslan attack. It remains to be seen if red forces will launch air strikes - if they do the BLF will be in serious trouble.

---
Bay Of Hogs
A-10A/C, UH-1H, Ka-50, JTAC
F10 FOW, Summer 0600, H2H (Red Ka's), SimHQ Teamspeak

--- Summary
Anti-Ship Mission
Very short distance to targets.

Blue - Look for the Bay Of Hogs waypoint - the enemy harbor - work from there to identify targets.
Red Ka-50s wreak havoc upon Blue forces at Novorossiysk.

Once again, the Red Democratic Republic (RDR) is disrupting shipping from Novorossiysk to Batumi. The RDR navy is attacking regional cargo ships. Last week an international tanker was sunk by a torpedo.

Now the Blue Liberation Front (BLF) has found A-10Cs to fly out from Novorossiysk.

RDR submarines were spotted in the harbor at Gelendzhik. This naval capability must be destroyed. The Blue Liberation Front navy will assist south of Novorossiysk towards Sochi.

---
Huey Apocalypse Mission
UH-1H, A-10A, A-10C, Restricted Ordnance
F-10 Allies Only View, Noon, Summer, Blue Air COOP, Red GC & JTACs

Right out of the Apocalypse Now movie -- Hueys make the run in to the Red camp and shoot anything that moves.

Rescue any downed Blue pilots near the Red camp! Hueys fly down to the smoke to pick up the pilot.

A-10 pilots -- beware, a SA-19 Tunguska has been detected -- one confirmed halfway to the Red camp.

The Red Ground Commander has armor and air defense groups to move on the Blue bases.

---
iShot The Shilka
(But I did not shoot the Tunguska.)
A-10C, UH-1H & Ka-50, Combined Arms
SimHQ Teamspeak, F10 Allies Only, H2H

--- Summary
Blue Liberation Forces (BLF) are located at Mineralnye Vody Airbase.

The Red Democratic Republic (RDR) army is at Beslan Airbase.

Both sides have equivalent capabilities. Only the aircraft pilots can make the difference. Armor is not involved - it is air defense and air base domination.

Each home base is well defended by medium range SAMs to their rear (Blue Hawks and Red BUKs) - while the forward areas within 20 miles are ringed with AAA and IR SAMs.

Each side will advance air defense units toward the target base. Supply convoys provide the materials for these ADA sites to operate.

These air defense sites will establish an ingress corridor of cover for your aircraft. Use these corridors to approach the enemy base, and to lure its defenders to their destruction.

FARP ground support is activated after the nearby zone ADA activates. Ka-50s will become available when the FARPs activate.

To Win, all the vehicles at the target airfield (Min-Vody for Red, Beslan for Blue) must be destroyed. Messages will confirm base captures and losses, and a countdown to mission victory.

Ground units that have a name like iBeslan are covert intelligence video feeds. These units are IMMORTAL.

---
Nuke Plant
A-10A, A-10C, Ka-50, JTAC, Ground Commander
SimHQ Teamspeak, F10 All, COOP Air

--- Summary
Blue Liberation Front (BLF)
Destroy Four Nuke Plants

Beware lots of air defense - this mission is heavy on AD and reinforcements are pouring in.

The Red Democratic Republic (RDR) government captured four nuclear plants around Nalchik. These plants were closed for 30 years because of poor maintenance and lack of funds. The plants were scrubbed of nuclear material under international pressure. But oil and gas has brought enough money back into the hands of the RDR to bring these plants on-line once again.

Red team reinforcements are en-route to all four nuke sites - Igla, Strella, Tunguska and Tor units are expected.

An SA-10 missile site is 30 miles to the north east of the target area - it is just in range - stay away! - head 225 to avoid. Do not stray north east of the nuke plants.

These nuke sites contain buildings that are on the fringe of old experiments.

---
Settlement Workers Paradise
A-10A/C, UH-1H, all are Cold Start
F-10 Allies Only, Spring Early Morning, COOP Air, Ground Commanders

--- Summary
The Blue Liberation Front is being threatened once again.
Red Democratic Republic 'settlements' have formed close to Tbilisi City. These two camps must be destroyed.

The Red leaders have promised a 'workers paradise' to the refugees of the recent conflicts. Once the unsuspecting are relocated into these 'settlement workers paradise' camps the gates are locked and forced labor begins.

The RDR has spent months preparing an attack against Tbilisi City. Just hours ago, Red armor was detected in Tbilisi, and artillery is being supplied by air and is expected to follow the armor.

--- BULLETIN: Civilian Aircraft Activity
Blue coalition Georgia Airlines operates regional jet traffic between Batumi, Kobuleti and Tbilisi airfields.
Red coalition Ukraine Airways operate Yak-40 twin-engine jets into Kutaisi and Senaki from Mozdok Airbase.
DO NOT shoot down civilian aircraft.

---
Riders ot Storm
Blue A-10A/C, Ka-50, UH-1H, Red Ka-50
F10 Fog Of War, H2H (Ka-50s), Spring Showers & Fog, 1900 Start Time, SimHQ Teamspeak

--- Summary
Spring time mountain canyon mission, South Georgia. Follow the canyon waypoints up "CUp" and down "CDn" to avoid air defense systems until on top at about 8,300'. WP elevations are given in the wp name.

A mountain festival is happening at about wp10. There are old taxis marked with red smoke that the mountain folk have set up for the A-10Cs. Pop some flares and do a roll for these enthusiastic fans of the BLF! Shoot The Taxi!

ILS and TACAN are needed to land back at Batumi in the fog.

It's a spring-time monsoon.
The RDR has set up towers and early warning radars on top of several peaks. The RDR can control all of the airspace at the east end of the Black Sea if these sites are allowed to exist.

The RDR has construction and defense convoys in route. They are coming from the Khashuri region.

Follow the canyon waypoints to pop out at the top of the region (8,300'). Dispense some flares for the townsfolk at the festival and Shoot The Taxi.

---
Road To Persa
A-10A/C, UH-1H, Combined Arms
F10 Fog Of War, Summer 0600, COOP Air, SimHQ Teamspeak

--- Summary
Set in the southern Caucuses - Khashuri to Persa Highway - the 'U8'. Forty miles of river canyon. Many roads there lead off to dead ends - where will the RDR go to establish a new forward base of operations?

At stake is control of the region's electrical spectrum. Both sides are locked in a struggle to blanket the area with TV towers.

Red Democratic Republic special forces want to set up a forward base of operations. The FOB must be destroyed before it can reinforce itself with heavy weapons.

The battle area extends from Khashuri City, southwest 40 miles to Persa, along the U8 Highway.

Cloud cover has socked in the area.

The Blue Liberation Front A-10Cs must have help from UH-1B Gunships to locate the Red outpost.

---
The Highway
A-10A/C, Ka-50, F-15C, Su-25A/T, UH-1H, Combined Arms
F10 ALL, COOP, SimHQ Teamspeak

--- Summary
Recapture Novorossiysk base to win.
You are northeast of Krasnodar airbase.
Start at the northern tip of the lake.

SNAFU

24 Hour Time Limit - 0900-0900

Escape and survival is the mission objective. The scenario follows a successful combat run above Krasnodar air base. All elements hit their assigned targets. Now, the A-10C's are RTB when **the entire region** erupts with RDR air defense sites.

Unfortunately you have few weapons left and one path to the coast.

The one escape route is ID'd south of Krasnodar and the waypoints are in the CDU. The lake exit point is marked with an illumination bomb.

Follow the waypoints to safety to the coast. Stay low.

The route is along the major highway in the region - a four lane highway - and all civilian traffic has been banned so any vehicles are fair game - weapons free.

It won't last long and it may not be pretty.

Good luck.

---
Thunder Of Kojori
A-10A/C, Ka-50, UH-1H, F-15C, Combined Arms
F10 Fog Of War, Summer, Morning 0600, COOP Air

--- Summary
Below the rumbling volcano of Mt. Kojori to the east lies Williams Field (Tbilisi Airbase).

A recent mineral discovery in the Kojori mine is at the heart of a new regional crises. This material, Rubantium11, has to potential to speed-breed combat units in underground bunkers at night.

Red Democratic Republic (RDR) forces are massing aircraft at Williams Field to control the airspace.

The RDR is advancing combat units toward Kutaisi. Many units apparently made it through the Roki Tunnel before the tunnel was destroyed. Intelligence reports that more RDR units are entering the Tbilisi - Tskhinvali corridor from the east.

The Blue Liberation Front (BLF) has formed a coalition with international interests to prevent the extraction of the Rubantium11 by the RDR.

BLF long-range air to ground attack aircraft are inbound to Williams Field, including SEAD radar suppression.

BLF air assets of A-10Cs and helicopters will work out of Kutaisi Airbase to prevent enemy units from taking the airbase and advancing further west toward the coast.

Blue win - clear 20 miles around Kutaisi Airbase and then kill all Red units at Williams Field - many aircraft are expected to be parked.

Red win - clear Blue units from Kutaisi Airbase and the Patriot site that is south west of the airbase.

---
White Bird
A-10A/C, Ka-50, UH-1H
F10 Fog Of War, COOP, Snow Storm - Dynamic Weather, SimHQ Teamspeak

--- Summary
General Vaz is responsible for terrorizing the region. Last month his Red Democratic Republic (RDR) army took an entire ski area hostage and cut the lift and gondola cables, killing over 200 tourists.

The Blue Liberation Front (BLF) has spies in the area who have been tracking General Vaz and know his habits.

General Vaz is expected to fly in his helicopter to Senaki or Kutaisi to meet his mistress. A-10Cs are standing by at Vaziani to intercept.

The only problem is the air defense threat posed by the RDRs S-10 radar systems that are stationed along the coast. The assessment is that General Vaz will ignore peril to see his lover.

But the General has a long drive ahead of him -- from Kutaisi City to the Tikbuli Highway, and north to meet his fate at the 'Dada Lake House'.

F/A-18s will attack the SA-10 sites and destroy them so the A-10Cs can strike from the east.

The weather will be a problem. A winter storm warning is in effect.

---
What, or who, is the White Bird? Is it an A-10's Sidewinder that will down the General's helicopter? Is it the winter weather that will doom the General? Or, is the White Bird the mistress, a spy,,, perhaps... with revenge on her mind?

---
Witches Hollo
A-10A/C, UH-1H, COOP, JTAC Lasing, No TGPs
F10 Allies Only, Spring, Early Morning, Overcast

--- Summary
Red forces are building a forward base. There is a large armored structure, and three smaller camps all within a two mile radius.

Find this site and clear it of all Red buildings and units.

Red transport helicopters are flying in supplies and are rumored to be bringing IGLAs -- don't let these helicopters land and deliver their cargo!

---

WC

#3938656 - 04/13/14 02:30 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
SpokeJocky Offline
SpokeJocky  Offline

Indiana, U.S.A.
HOLY C^@p, I thought I had long posts. you-da=master. This is cool, I hope to get it all this read and chosen before my time runs out..ahhaha.

This looks to be great stuff, lots of time put to this. Ya'lls (this is a word where I come from) efforts will no doubt be a great trip for all of us.

SpokeJocky

#3940845 - 04/17/14 07:27 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
I'll prolly be testing my Live Youtube Broadcasting... and prolly twitch too.

My issue is I run Eyefinity+1, so Either I have to Drop to 1 screen or find a way to only broadcast the center screen.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 04/17/14 07:33 PM.

2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3941249 - 04/18/14 05:23 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: SkateZilla]  
SpokeJocky Offline
SpokeJocky  Offline

Indiana, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
I'll prolly be testing my Live Youtube Broadcasting... and prolly twitch too.

My issue is I run Eyefinity+1, so Either I have to Drop to 1 screen or find a way to only broadcast the center screen.

True hastle, I'd hope you took one for the team my self...:) no doubt there would be much to be learned from the commo chatter for me any how, I have been beating my self up with Brevity and there just isn't enough exposure to that, lots of utubes doing cool thinks, but no commo, only Cheesy Bon-Jovi sound overs. I on the other hand would "screw it" and be sure to enjoy it first, just my 35 cents worth...just sayin....you know..

SpokeJocky

#3941253 - 04/18/14 05:35 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
that's another thing, when I broadcast, I want to be able to hear myself + other people's comms.

Dunno how I'm gonna do that if either doesnt allow for capture of both mic+game output,

Might have to Sign Into Teamspeak via Tablet+Blue Tooth, and then Have it open on my PC using Alternate ScreenName to hear all the chatter.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 04/18/14 05:38 PM.

#3941350 - 04/18/14 07:30 PM Re: Spring 2014 SimHQ/DCS Fly-In [Re: SkateZilla]  
boomerang10 Offline
boomerang10  Offline

Texas
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
that's another thing, when I broadcast, I want to be able to hear myself + other people's comms.

Dunno how I'm gonna do that if either doesnt allow for capture of both mic+game output,

Might have to Sign Into Teamspeak via Tablet+Blue Tooth, and then Have it open on my PC using Alternate ScreenName to hear all the chatter.

Have you tried Open Broadcaster Software for streaming to Twitch? I have two monitors - one for the regular view and the other for the MFDs - and I use OBS to stream just the main monitor. I have the sound setup so that my TS PTT is the same as the OBS PTT and it captures all sounds I hear, not just the direct game sound.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
How many words/sentence should a speech be?
by NoFlyBoy. 05/20/24 10:54 AM
Harrier Pilot "Sharkey" Ward was 80
by F4UDash4. 05/19/24 11:01 PM
Autographs
by F4UDash4. 05/18/24 06:34 PM
Boxing fans
by RossUK. 05/18/24 03:11 PM
Bud Anderson was 102
by F4UDash4. 05/18/24 01:14 PM
The guy in War Games passes at 92
by NoFlyBoy. 05/18/24 02:28 AM
V-22 (all variants) wings clipped.
by Blade_RJ. 05/17/24 11:33 PM
Unusual climate conditions during WWI.
by RedToo. 05/17/24 04:52 PM
WW2 allied railroad effort after D-Day
by oldgrognard. 05/16/24 12:06 AM
New Viper Demo team livery
by RossUK. 05/15/24 03:48 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.