Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3636689 - 09/02/12 03:11 PM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
The one reason to use HSFX over UP is accuracy.
UP gave Axis planes an advantage, plain and simple, they cheated and they basically had no problem using whatever Mods were out there, including them into the UP Mod and putting their name on it, sometimes after making their own changes. HSFX includes an option in the JSGME to use the original Oleg FM's or the new ones in Expert Mode and the new ones are as accurate as the sim will allow for all planes not just for one side over the other. It doesn't use Frankenplanes, they have a lot of problems and we are not just talking ugly meshes and mismatched parts. HSFX will always be up to date with the latest Official Update from TD. From what I know UP couldn't do that partly because they couldn't play nice with others and partly because to remain in sync with the Official Version of the game they'd have to abide by the rules. There are a lot of cool things that have been made but some people would just rather not share and have everything integrated together. Right now there is a Huge amount of planes and even two vehicles in HSFX and there will soon be more, plus the Update to 4.12 from TD and to quote a friend in the know "your gonna pee".
I have been included in parts of the development over the years and there were a lot of things that didn't make it into HSFX because they just didn't have the level of quality and bug free operation that was required and they wanted above all to move alongside of the current TD development not diverge from it. The models are Beautiful and the Maps, Sounds and Special Effects are still amazing in this old simulator which is why CoD has such Huge Boots to fill. Now some of the other Mods are fine and for those who mainly fly offline but for online HSFX should be the standard.

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 09/02/12 03:12 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3637030 - 09/03/12 12:54 AM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
FlyingMonkey Offline
FlyingMonkey  Offline

Down under in Adelaide
I'd probably be happy to move to HSFX, but right now I still prefer UP simply because of ZUTI MDS 1.2. The 1.2 version allows to create a dogfight server that feels like a massive battle which creates a coop experience for me and my friends like nothing else. This combined with the Command and Control mod allowed me to run the type of coop missions that I had only dreamed of before.

#3637199 - 09/03/12 09:29 AM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
I just installed the HSFX6.0 MOD
Love the sounds of the plane.
Still looking for the P-51d with the rockets, that it had, after Normandy...?
Don't know which of the HSFX MODs to enable in the JSGME.
Nothing really explains which one does what, a little confusing.
From what Bong said, I suppose it's the 'Expert' MOD I should have enabled.

If I had a link....or a hint, it'd be nice.
Can't seem to find any instructions at M4T, they're 'overloaded' with info.
I finally got a campaign installed for the European Theater...I think I'm gonna like it.
I've been using the DCG, wish I had the options for which plane to use in HSFX.
Maybe I didn't install the right MODs that came with HSFX...dunno.
Try it again tomorrow.

But I'd recommend HSFX....it improves the entire quality of the game.
No bugs so far...except I can't hear the voices very well.
But I love the engines...lol....

"Murphy's Law"
#3637343 - 09/03/12 02:56 PM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
4Shades Offline
4Shades  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Hi Murphy,

There is a folder in the game directory for HSFX, called "HSFX V6 Tools & Read me's" that contains a lot of information. And if you really want to find out what is going on inside HSFX, you should post at the HSFX forum and hear direct from the developers. M4T is just a hosting service, got nothing else to do with HSFX as far as I know.

Make sure you download and run the HSFX6 autoupdater too. Minor patches are available via the autoupdater.

For info, many HSFX users simply enable HSFX mod, then EXPERT. Much (but not all) of the other stuff is eye/ear candy.

Cheers,
4Shades

IV/JG7_4Shades

SEOW Developer
#3637352 - 09/03/12 03:08 PM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
Murph Offline
Murph  Offline

Aurora,CO,USA
Here are my JSGME selections;

HSFX history mod
Exe 512MB 6DOF
00_SmallerFonts
EXPERT mode
Hakenkreuz Enabler
Advanced Barrage mode (After EXPERT)
Perfect Map Textures
Widescreen

A few of these are not included in the the standard HSFX install, but are added to JSGME by pasting the appropriate files into the game's "jsgmemods" folder.
Murphy, I know you're new at this mod stuff- make sure you always enable "HSFX history mod" first. If you have installed and run the auto-updater you should see HSFX version 6.0.12 on you loading screen.
The Rocket Carrying Mustangs are the P-51D-30 1944 and the F-51D-30 1948. The loadout you want is anything with HVAR.

Here's the best place to get questions answered concerning HSFX;
http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=6849cd77bb1ab0c3721f2f0230a609bc

(Admins, please let me know if it's alright to post this link?)

Intel i5 2500K CPU @4.0,Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 MB (turbo) GTX 1060 6G, 16G DDR3, Windows 10 Home 64 bit- "N�or bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
#3637443 - 09/03/12 05:06 PM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
Thanks guys!

Oh, I 'WANT' the eye candy too Shades wink
I didn't build this box to see this in 640x480...lol.
Thank you for that.....if you notice the time on my last post it was 5:30am.
Can't get enough of this thing.
I'll put the right mods in, and give it another ride... biggrin
Appreciate the time, very much.
And the time it took the developers to do this, it's AMAZING.
I'm hard core, it will give me YEARS of enjoyment.
Really.
----------------

Murph...got it, copied it all, thanks!

I'll find that 51 before the sun goes down....I can promise you that.
I'm not brand new to the JSGME, I've played SHIV a few times, but I'm a flight simmer wink
I just didn't know which MODs to enable.
EXPERT sounds like it would make the game play in EXPERT MOD...'Hard'...'full real'.
And I wanted to turn off the overheat function till I get the hang of it...heard it was hard to overcome.
I have the Auto Updater, didn't load it yet...but having problems with my DSL connection...I'm already signed on with this notebook, and can't seem to get signed on with the 'BEAST' now. My ISP and Email is recognized by this notebook only...both are connected to the same Email. Don't know if that will effect the auto updater or not. Haven't tried it yet. And I hate to leave that box online all the time, I have an issue with 'trust' wink .

Will give that a go tonight.
I assume the last patch is the HSFX601, I didn't install that one yet.
I have to download it all on this box, and burn it on disk, then write it to the new box rolleyes

But I'm 'REAL' glad you got me into this.
I've got 3 installs of this game on a separate HDD.
Can't screw it up.
Can't stop flying.....not even to sleep....lol.....Love that MOD.

"Murphy's Law"
#3637527 - 09/03/12 06:35 PM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: WileECoyote
There has been a while since I tried HSFX, but what I remember (which might be wrong):

- UP has better graphics and add more things to the game.
- UP is for playing off line only.
- HSFX tweaks the performance and it's quite noticeable sometimes.
- UP team broke apart and it looks like UP will die. Right now it's not compatible with the latest patch from TD. HSFX is compatible and alive.

See 2nd below... I never thought that at all.. although I did think that for some reason visually UP had the nod.. but 6.0 is great..

Originally Posted By: Fishingnut
I tried the latest and greatest mod packs but went back to UP 2.01 over 4.09m. Why? The reason is simple, the latest mod packs now have what I personally like to call "austere plane lists"!! What I mean is that they dramatically cut back in the number of extra planes that come with the packs. Over the last two years, I downloaded and installed so many extra planes in UP 2.01 that it would take my months, if not a whole year to get them all into a newer mod pack!! I can fly such a wide choice of planes in UP 2.01 that you can't blame me for sticking with it. The latest DBW/UP/HSFX packs come with only a few more planes than a stock game has!! I'm disappointed with this 'short list' of planes in mod packs and it's the norm now. Sad day for mod packs!!

All that and the new AI not impressing me much and in addition my hating the new overheat, leaves me sticking with the older stuff.........

I feel ya .. to an extent.. but HSFX 6.0 has 10 P-51s,16 A-6s,16 Hurris,19 190s,, 40 Spts and 48 109s.. plus a bunch of other planes that come in numbes under 10.. I never could see the point in having googobs of AC to fly.. choce is good and all but in reality it just bloats the folder.. I think UP 2.01 came with close to if not over 100 109s.. I could be wrong..

Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
The one reason to use HSFX over UP is accuracy.
UP gave Axis planes an advantage, plain and simple, they cheated and they basically had no problem using whatever Mods were out there, including them into the UP Mod and putting their name on it, sometimes after making their own changes. HSFX includes an option in the JSGME to use the original Oleg FM's or the new ones in Expert Mode and the new ones are as accurate as the sim will allow for all planes not just for one side over the other. It doesn't use Frankenplanes, they have a lot of problems and we are not just talking ugly meshes and mismatched parts. HSFX will always be up to date with the latest Official Update from TD. From what I know UP couldn't do that partly because they couldn't play nice with others and partly because to remain in sync with the Official Version of the game they'd have to abide by the rules. There are a lot of cool things that have been made but some people would just rather not share and have everything integrated together. Right now there is a Huge amount of planes and even two vehicles in HSFX and there will soon be more, plus the Update to 4.12 from TD and to quote a friend in the know "your gonna pee".
I have been included in parts of the development over the years and there were a lot of things that didn't make it into HSFX because they just didn't have the level of quality and bug free operation that was required and they wanted above all to move alongside of the current TD development not diverge from it. The models are Beautiful and the Maps, Sounds and Special Effects are still amazing in this old simulator which is why CoD has such Huge Boots to fill. Now some of the other Mods are fine and for those who mainly fly offline but for online HSFX should be the standard.

I agree 100%

Originally Posted By: FlyingMonkey
I'd probably be happy to move to HSFX, but right now I still prefer UP simply because of ZUTI MDS 1.2. The 1.2 version allows to create a dogfight server that feels like a massive battle which creates a coop experience for me and my friends like nothing else. This combined with the Command and Control mod allowed me to run the type of coop missions that I had only dreamed of before.

This to me is a great disservice to the entire community.. MDS is one of those things that we all wanted since the original IL2 and we never dreamed we would get. IMO it is one of the top 5 greatest mods of all.. and for it to not be fully incorporated into the stock sim ... regardless to the reason .. is not a good thing.. Hopefully it will be rectified soon er rather than later.

I believe that in the end it will come down to Stock IL2 or HSFXX.xx ... I left UP after 2.01 because when HSFX 5.0 came out the differences in some planes were obvious between HSFX, UP & stock.. either flying them or flying against them.. The factthat UP is not up to speed with TD was the nail in the coffin for me..

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#3637624 - 09/03/12 08:37 PM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
Murph Offline
Murph  Offline

Aurora,CO,USA
The only reason MDS is not more widely available is because Zuti refuses to allow it to be used by anyone else. It's unfortunate, but the ball is in his court.

Intel i5 2500K CPU @4.0,Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 MB (turbo) GTX 1060 6G, 16G DDR3, Windows 10 Home 64 bit- "N�or bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
#3637755 - 09/04/12 12:43 AM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
4Shades Offline
4Shades  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
For Murph:

The "Advanced Barrage mode (After EXPERT)" should really only be used by people with an intense interest in the ground war going on below your plane. The only changes in this mod are to REDUCE the direct fire ranges of some artillery pieces, so that indirect fire mode becomes critical.

This kind of stuff is really only important in SEOW campaigns that incorporate advanced ground war operations. For most mainstream IL-2 contexts, pilots are too "gunsight focused" to care whether a howitzer is barraging a village at 10 km range (indirect/HSFX) or shooting at a particular truck in a village at 10 km range (direct/stock).

Cheers,
4S

Last edited by 4Shades; 09/04/12 12:45 AM.

IV/JG7_4Shades

SEOW Developer
#3637816 - 09/04/12 03:00 AM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
Nope Murph...still can't get that Mustang.
I have installed the updates all the way to HSFX 6.01, and I installed Westfront 1.1 campaign, in the DGEN folder.
But first I installed Boelckes Westfront campaign, and that one I see, when I have the option to chose a career.
But I don't see the Westfront campaign, or any other Western front campaign, just not available.
And Boelckes campaign doesn't offer the "Rocket Carrying Mustangs are the P-51D-30 1944 and the F-51D-30 1948."

Seems I put the Westfront Campaign in wrong, or something...it just doesn't show up.
I 'over wrote' all the files in the Dgen, and it created a DGEN inside the Dgen.
I finally put all the files in both folders....still doesn't show up.
Amazing it still works!!...lol.

I'll work it out.

I'm still enjoying the eye candy of HSFX 6.01, it shows installed on the opening screen.
I have the MODs enabled...can't figure it out....but I'll get it.
When I get a chance, I'll install the last update, 6.11 and the autoupdate, right now, I gotta fly.

It's so close, I can feel it.... wink

"Murphy's Law"
#3637870 - 09/04/12 04:53 AM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Murph]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Originally Posted By: Murph
The only reason MDS is not more widely available is because Zuti refuses to allow it to be used by anyone else. It's unfortunate, but the ball is in his court.

Um, MDS is already in 4.11..and also HSFX

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#3637891 - 09/04/12 05:40 AM Re: Which 1946 "big" MOD to use?? UP or HSFX [Re: Kamikaze*]  
Murph Offline
Murph  Offline

Aurora,CO,USA
But it doesn't include the re-arm/refuel/repair option. A few feature from MDS have been included in 4.11 but full MDS is definitely not included in either 4.11 or HSFX 6.

Last edited by Murph; 09/04/12 10:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.