Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3534674 - 03/08/12 07:06 AM Modified F4E Phantom II Cockpit round 2  
LOS91GT Offline
LOS91GT  Offline

California
Warning! Lots of screen shots.

This is a follow up to my original post about F4 Phantom cockpit configuration and alignment.
After some feed back from Streakeagle I thought back and realized that I may have been a bit too aggressive with my first attempt.
So this time around I managed to re-align the cockpit to the outside model but still keep that really tight space on the windscreen.
As a matter of fact, if the cockpit model and internal components are aligned in relation to the outside model I achieved the claustrophobic look of the windscreen I felt was missing. Anyway I finished all the F4E variants for SF2WOV and SF2I (or F4E Kurnass). Enjoy the screen shots, if you want the cockpit.ini files hit me up and I'll send them to you. StreakEagle, I will be sending those to you after I am done here.

The screen shot below shows forward view on modified cockpit.ini at stock 60 FOV.

Below is the stock cockpit.ini with stock 60 FOV.

Below looking down on gauges at FOV 60.

Below is modified 90 FOV, notice that guages do not stretch as much.

Below is stock 90 FOV, notice how the camera deformed gauges.

Below modified cockpit.ini at 90 FOV looking down on gauge panel. You have a good view of the complete gauge panel and a complete view of the windscreen area with the gunsight still on the HUD assembly glass.

Below stock cockpit.ini at 90 FOV looking down on gauge panel.

and just for fun!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3535833 - 03/10/12 03:33 AM Re: Modified F4E Phantom II Cockpit round 2 [Re: LOS91GT]  
streakeagle Offline
streakeagle  Offline

Seffner, FL USA
Looks good. There is one penalty for using this setup. The LCOS gunsight ends up more towards the center of the glass. So, when you pull lead in a gunfight, your sight will drop off the glass sooner, i.e. you can't pull as much lead and see your gunsight (and the target). I could night find any good photos showing what the normal position of the LCOS sight was in real life. So, I can't say which is more correct. I just know which is harder to use in combat.

Having the cockpit aligned with the external model and the pilot's viewpoint placed at the correct position is so much more immersive to me. Given that TK isn't ever going to do this, it is nice to see someone take this problem head on and share the results smile

forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
discussion: an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
censorship: practice of suppressing a text or part of a text that is considered objectionable

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Yahoo Dynasty football league
by WangoTango. 07/17/24 02:12 PM
The Last of "The Few" Turns 105
by F4UDash4. 07/17/24 11:48 AM
Dear Amazon... What Is The Deal?
by F4UDash4. 07/17/24 02:20 AM
This is getting bad....
by WangoTango. 07/15/24 08:35 PM
The only F-15E credited with an air-to-air kill
by CyBerkut. 07/13/24 04:25 PM
Actress Shelley Duvall dies at 75
by NoFlyBoy. 07/11/24 06:02 PM
Joe Engle was 91
by F4UDash4. 07/11/24 09:55 AM
BeamNG
by wormfood. 07/06/24 03:06 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.