Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3340909 - 07/13/11 11:20 AM -MOD- How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3  
Tachyon Offline
Happy go Nutty
Tachyon  Offline
Happy go Nutty

Zwolle, The Netherlands
Hello there,

Can anyone tell me if they have found a way to make San's IL2 VOF CHANGER to work with IL2 ver 4.10.1 and UP3. This nifty little program that makes playing IL2 with a widescreen a lot better by altering the FOV worked great before, but I can't seem to get it to work with UP3. I don't know if the problem lies with UP3 or the stock ver. 4.10.1 of IL2. The FOV CHANGER recognizes the game but it does not work correctly. Does anybody has a clue?

Thanks

Last edited by Tachyon; 07/16/11 05:13 PM.

- Tachyon -

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Peter Sellers as President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3340916 - 07/13/11 11:43 AM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

I have great news for you and everybody playing Il2 on a widescreen!

There is no more need for the buggy Sans FOV Changer to solve the tunnel vision (game chopping off vertical part of the 16:10 picture rather than adding horizontal parts to 4:3 standard)!

There have very recently appeared two MODS that run PERFECTLY bug free (for me at least:), never need resetting and , since they run natively within IL2, they do not hog PC resources (like the external program like Sans FOV Changer).

The King is dead, long live the King!

MOD 1 http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16878.0.html

Alternative MOD http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13156.72.html

Both work in UP3, DBW, UP2.01, mod activated 4.09/4.10.1

Last edited by Borsch; 07/13/11 11:45 AM.
#3340944 - 07/13/11 12:21 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Tachyon Offline
Happy go Nutty
Tachyon  Offline
Happy go Nutty

Zwolle, The Netherlands
Thanks Borsch! Will try them out ASAP.

- Tachyon -

#3341233 - 07/13/11 07:45 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
DaveKelly Offline
DaveKelly  Offline

Buckley North Wales
Thanks from me too! Told my squad about this thumbsup

DD_crash
#3342140 - 07/15/11 01:39 AM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
FrenchToast Offline
FrenchToast  Offline

QuebecLand
Borsch, thank you very much for those links !

I just reinstalled IL-2 with UP3 and DBW this month and San's was driving me bonkers.

FT

#3342407 - 07/15/11 02:44 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

Glad I could help!

I was waiting for non buggy version of SANs FOV changer for seemingly years, TEAM Daedolos and Oleg people have said that this was impossible to implement natively... And here we are now:)

#3342683 - 07/15/11 08:45 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Tachyon Offline
Happy go Nutty
Tachyon  Offline
Happy go Nutty

Zwolle, The Netherlands
Well for me it isn't a solution. I have tried both the mods and like the one by carsmaster the most. Only thing is I cannot get it to work with UP3 and SAS Modact 3. It only works with the Classic Mod Game. I can change views there by typing the "fov 102" or whatever view I want command in the game console. I even tried it with the SAS selector because the creator of the FOVmod told someone that the mods file cache had to be cleared at least once. Played it with the selector and activated the file cache. Sure enough in the Classic Mod Game there appeared a file called ~wrapper.cache in the "mods" folder (not JSGME mods folder). Deselected the file cache in the selector and the file was gone after starting the game with that setting. Whatever I do I can't get it to work like that with the UP3 or SAS mods. The ingame console wont recognize the fov command then and the ~wrapper.cache file does not appear in the mods folder.

However now I finaly got San's FOV Changer to work with UP3. Thanks to Mayhem from the Danger Dogs website who wrote that you've got to uncheck all the boxes on the mainscreen of Sans VOF Changer. When I got in the cockpit I started the FOV changer but nothing happened. Then I started it again and then it worked. It creates some destortions though like I'm playing without Vertical Sync and it sometimes drops out so I have to activate it again.

I would like to get Carsmaster's VOF Changer to work with UP3 because I like it very much and has no quirks as far as I can tell. So if anyone can get me any clues?

Thanks

- Tachyon -

#3342859 - 07/16/11 03:35 AM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Aviar Offline
Aviar  Offline

Passaic County, NJ USA
Originally Posted By: Tachyon
Well for me it isn't a solution. I have tried both the mods and like the one by carsmaster the most. Only thing is I cannot get it to work with UP3 and SAS Modact 3. It only works with the Classic Mod Game. I can change views there by typing the "fov 102" or whatever view I want command in the game console. I even tried it with the SAS selector because the creator of the FOVmod told someone that the mods file cache had to be cleared at least once. Played it with the selector and activated the file cache. Sure enough in the Classic Mod Game there appeared a file called ~wrapper.cache in the "mods" folder (not JSGME mods folder). Deselected the file cache in the selector and the file was gone after starting the game with that setting. Whatever I do I can't get it to work like that with the UP3 or SAS mods. The ingame console wont recognize the fov command then and the ~wrapper.cache file does not appear in the mods folder.

However now I finaly got San's FOV Changer to work with UP3. Thanks to Mayhem from the Danger Dogs website who wrote that you've got to uncheck all the boxes on the mainscreen of Sans VOF Changer. When I got in the cockpit I started the FOV changer but nothing happened. Then I started it again and then it worked. It creates some destortions though like I'm playing without Vertical Sync and it sometimes drops out so I have to activate it again.

I would like to get Carsmaster's VOF Changer to work with UP3 because I like it very much and has no quirks as far as I can tell. So if anyone can get me any clues?

Thanks

I have been using carmaster's FOV mod with UP3 and it works perfectly....not a single problem at all, which is pretty rare. However, from your post, it seems like you are using the OLD mod. He made a new version.

Just check the same thread and you will see it posted further down. On my computer, it's on page 7 of the thread. There are 4 new versions, depending on what type of monitor you use and which version of IL-2 you run.

Aviar

Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz
Asus Z97-C Motherboard
16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
#3342990 - 07/16/11 11:30 AM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Tachyon Offline
Happy go Nutty
Tachyon  Offline
Happy go Nutty

Zwolle, The Netherlands
Thanks for your reaction, Aviar.

I am using the mod version I downloaded from page 7 of this thread: SAS forum page

The folder is called "Carsmaster FOV Changer for Monitors 1-6 (4.10.1 version 1)

I place it in the "Mods" folder and rename it "CarsmaterFOVChanger" to shorten the name somewhat. The folder is 180kB large and contains 118 objects.

When I start up the Classic Mod Game through the selector it works, but it doesn't work with the UP3 or SAS mods.

I only used the UP3 mod in JGMSE to prevent any conflicts with other mods that may use class AircraftHotKeys.

Bugger me if I can figure out why it works with so many people, but not with me?

If it is not to much to ask, could you give me a detailed description of how you installed the mod, how you use the selector and your settings there and what other mods you have activated with JGMSE?

I would very much appreciate that.

Will try out twisters mod next to see if that works.

Cheers

- Tachyon -

#3343060 - 07/16/11 02:01 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Aviar Offline
Aviar  Offline

Passaic County, NJ USA
We may be getting into a gray area now, as far as mod discussion goes on SimHQ:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2579012/SimHQ_policy_on_IL_2_Series_mo.html#Post2579012

If you are having problems with a particular mod, I suggest you go to that site and ask for help there. That's what I did and they helped me work it out.

Aviar

Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz
Asus Z97-C Motherboard
16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
#3343174 - 07/16/11 05:11 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Aviar]  
Tachyon Offline
Happy go Nutty
Tachyon  Offline
Happy go Nutty

Zwolle, The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Aviar

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2579012/SimHQ_policy_on_IL_2_Series_mo.html#Post2579012

If you are having problems with a particular mod, I suggest you go to that site and ask for help there. That's what I did and they helped me work it out.

Aviar

Okay Aviar, regarding the policy on mod discussions, that probably is the best way.

- Tachyon -

#3345983 - 07/19/11 10:56 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

Try unticking the MOD cache option in IL2 startup selector, start UP3, exit, tick MOD cache again (its used for blisteringly fast loading times in UP3/DBW), start UP3 again. Both mods work great for me in both UP3rc3 and DBW1.1

I prefer the first MOD myself. But both do exactly the same thing as Sans FOV changer did for me: I was frustrated at loosing vertical part of the picture in "Normal" (ie i did not see the second row of instruments , did not see above the armored glass panel in 109) and "Wide" views.

For the Normal view, the solution is easy - use FOV80 instead of Normal view(Normal=FOV70), but there was no solution for Wide view, the game did not allow you past FOV90. With the mods above you can have FOV105 (vertically/horizontally equivalent to FOV90 on 4:3) or even FOV120 if one so desires (just like Sans FOV changer).

Last edited by Borsch; 07/21/11 03:27 PM.
#3346253 - 07/20/11 09:26 AM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Kodiak Offline
Kodiak  Offline

Over the hills and far away.
Guys, I really want to install this FOV mod but I NEVER installed a mod for Il-2 before!
How should I do this?
Do I need to download something else? Like I read something about UP3 or so, I am a newbie when it comes to mods for Il-2.
I have Il-2 1946 4.10.1 installed, but no mods just a clean install.
What do I need to do or download for getting this mod to work?
My screenresolution is 1680x1050 and my IL-2 runs on that via the ini tweak, but I understand this mod is way better.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
My best regards, Kodiak.

I Want To Believe
#3346291 - 07/20/11 11:05 AM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

Just go to SAS1946 site and read through the FAQs. Small MOD activator file will allow you insltall single particular MODs like FOV, updated cockpits, repainted higher res maps etc . UP3 will give you an optimised package that has virtually everything in one download.

#3346846 - 07/20/11 08:05 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Kodiak Offline
Kodiak  Offline

Over the hills and far away.
Thanks Borsch, I'm on my way!

Best regards, Kodiak.

I Want To Believe
#3347246 - 07/21/11 09:48 AM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Borsch]  
Tachyon Offline
Happy go Nutty
Tachyon  Offline
Happy go Nutty

Zwolle, The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Borsch
Try unticking the MOD cache option in IL2 startup selector, start UP3, exit, tick MOD cache again (its used for blisteringly fast loading times in UP3/DBW), start UP3 again. Both mods work great for me in both UP3rc3 and DBW1.1

Thanks for the tip, Borsch. It still does not work for me though. I tried everything I possibly can to get this to work with the selector activated UP3, but to no avail. No problems at all with all the POV mods when I select the Classic Mod Game and for the live of me I can't figure out what the difference is with the UP3 mod (other then the exe file) that can cause this?

- Tachyon -

#3347411 - 07/21/11 03:32 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

I've just reread your previous post and you said that you've put the FOV folder into the "MODS" folder... You MUST put individual mods folders (like this FOV mod folder) into the #UP# folder (or into the #DBW# folder for Deep Blue World), "MODS" folder only works for classic mods option, UP3 ignores it completely.

#3348550 - 07/22/11 06:52 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Borsch]  
Tachyon Offline
Happy go Nutty
Tachyon  Offline
Happy go Nutty

Zwolle, The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Borsch
I've just reread your previous post and you said that you've put the FOV folder into the "MODS" folder... You MUST put individual mods folders (like this FOV mod folder) into the #UP# folder (or into the #DBW# folder for Deep Blue World), "MODS" folder only works for classic mods option, UP3 ignores it completely.

Thanks for taking your time for this Borsch, But still no luck. I uninstalled everything with JSGME. Put the Carsmaster folder in de "#UP#_Enable_UP3.0" folder, renamed the folder 00000_CarsmasterVOFChanger, installed UP3 again with JGMSE. Did the tick-untick Mod files cache trick. All still to no avail. The only other mod that I installed trying the VOFMOd was the #UP#_Enable_WideScreenSupport&Hakenkreuz mod.

I must point to the fact that this way the VOFMod folder in the UP folder was copied to the main IL2 directory by JGMSE. That can't be right can it? I must be doing something wrong.

Last edited by Tachyon; 07/22/11 07:01 PM.

- Tachyon -

#3348608 - 07/22/11 07:50 PM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Tachyon Offline
Happy go Nutty
Tachyon  Offline
Happy go Nutty

Zwolle, The Netherlands
Phew.. finally got it working now. Something was definitely wrong with my install, because there was no #UP# folder in my main IL2 directory. Thats the folder you were pointing to, Borsch. I found it in the folder I downloaded the UP3 install files to. There is a rar file called #UP#SampleFolder that I forgot to install in the main directory. I installed it and put the FOVMod folder in the main directory under the #UP# folder. Now the it is working in UP3. So I guess that you only use that folder to install individual mods in for UP3 besides the mods you can install with JSGME?

Thanks again for your tips.

-edit- Just read the release notes on the UP website again. I know now what the #UP# folder is for. Glad that nothing is wrong with my install.

Note to myself: if you read the release notes properly, you can save yourself lot's of time and frustration, -Bugs Bunny mode on- you im-BESS-il, you ultra maroon, you gulla-bull, you nin-cow-poop -Bugs Bunny mode off-

Last edited by Tachyon; 07/22/11 08:13 PM.

- Tachyon -

#3348985 - 07/23/11 07:48 AM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Tachyon]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

Hey, great to hear you got it working!

I still cant understand why UP team decided to rename the "MODS" folder into "#UP#", everybody was already used to the structure and drastic name changes confuse people. I suppose they wanted to differentiate between UP3, DBW and other stuff...

S!

#3363476 - 08/10/11 06:58 AM Re: How to get SANS'S VOF CHANGER to work with VER. 4.10.1/UP3 [Re: Aviar]  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
Originally Posted By: Aviar

Aviar
Yep, and I have never understood this silly compulsion by the forum masters here at SimHQ to replicate the rules they have over at Ubi-zoo. I can understand the Ubi rules because Ubi is tied to Maddox games as the distributor of IL2. So of course they don't like the mods very much because it started as an illegal cracking of code. However, SimHQ is not in any way affiliated to either Ubisoft or Maddox games!! So why restrictions on helping the modding community? There would be no legal ramifications from allowing people to help others with modding in any way whatsoever. Sure, we have to abide by their rules but that does not mean we can't question their rules.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
New IL-2 Korean War sim coming?
by LB4LB. 07/03/24 09:46 PM
Did Lee Child ever decide to do research?
by letterboy1. 07/02/24 07:31 PM
Anyone in the Windward Islands?
by PanzerMeyer. 06/30/24 12:40 PM
Jury Duty Service
by PanzerMeyer. 06/30/24 12:25 PM
Men vs. Feminists on the Island
by Mr_Blastman. 06/25/24 07:00 PM
New Project reveal from IL-2 6/25 8AM EST
by KRT_Bong. 06/25/24 11:22 AM
Russell Morash was 88
by F4UDash4. 06/23/24 02:36 PM
Small airplane accident
by oldgrognard. 06/21/24 09:31 PM
Movies with the most enigmatic endings
by PanzerMeyer. 06/21/24 05:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.