Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3241698 - 03/22/11 03:01 PM Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

I have been going through the youtube comments with Google translate, and what is clear is that Oleg was sucked into a discussion with one of those unrelenting asinine critics that we know so well from these forums too. The ones who teach everybody how a sim should really be made without ever having developed anything themselves. I am not totally sure of the order of these postings, but this is what seems correct (older postings at top, newer at bottom, green postings by pticeratops, blue postings by Oleg Maddox):

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=G-oKro36rKo

---

This has been flagged as spam hide
@ Zalexandr1982 How am tired of this your "make yourself" ... If you come across a product with defect (stale bread, bad shoes, faulty video card, etc.) - you allow yourself to speak critically about this topic? Or do you say to yourself "I can not do better myself, so I'm plugging in a cloth? .. Ie that you have a basic right to vote, you must be a programmer, chef, politician, etc. - one in a hundred-pitstsot-teen faces?

pticeratops 3 days ago

---

@ pticeratops 1. While criticism was noborot less. You have the wrong statistics. And I gather from all over the world.

2. Cry from the heart you have, unfortunately, not as a constructive criticism, versed in his criticism ....

3. I have one personally never "bath". Otherwise I would have removed you, and not be answered. Feel the difference.

4. It is worth noting that distinguish right criticism with knowledge of dithyrambs etc.

5. If you are "criticized" another developer, then he would not pay you listened.

OlegMaddox 3 days ago

---

@ OlegMaddox Yes, while I'm in the minority. While most of the audience praise and thank you for the work done. I admit it. But, mind you, closer to the release of critics still gets bigger, is not it? This is despite the fact that we are dissatisfied, (although we in general are sick of it, and empathize with his criticism only express the cry of the soul) is actively banyat, messages are removed, called trol, etc. etc. Oleg, you should be grateful for the constructive criticism! A blind praise brought only harm!

pticeratops 3 days ago

---

@ pticeratops It is the consumer in _mnozhestvennom_ number and determines, but not you are one person. And it was done for the masses rather than for an individual. Hope to understand.

I can listen to your personal opinion and determine whether it is possible to do because he personally wants and how long it will take for the human costs and money. And then calculate whether it would be expensive? And then calculate the ultimate return of the product.

OlegMaddox 3 days ago

---

@ pticeratops And we are fools not znaili and did exactly as you describe! Just better and more clever than you reasoning surfactants having read about sharpening the angles of view and so on.

In the simulation of combat aircraft distance visibility and legibility of the object - determines. You do not simulyatorshschik and online player. You rassuzhdatel about what has not yet imee predastavlenie most important thing in the simulator. And now compare with others, including myself IL-2

OlegMaddox 3 days ago

---

@ OlegMaddox Appropriate / not appropriate - this determines the final consumer. Client, as they say, is always right. That the work done immediately you are satisfied, not enough - more important than the opinion of potential buyers. Strange that I have you to talk about it.

pticeratops 3 days ago

---

@ pticeratops is that it is well done, but for the future. To add that it was. IL-2 in 2001 is very different from what it was in future editions. There's even a new engine appeared ...:):):)

Appropriate - that is what makes the team, not something that you personally determine, by comparing with the shooter and other games. For those which are in the tank. Kind of detail from a height determines their detailed below. That is, the more detail below, the better it looks on top. You have offered to do worse.

OlegMaddox 3 days ago

---

@ OlegMaddox And is not lack of development of computer technology you justify the absence or improper implementation of the game of those or any other aspect? Yes, it is obvious that it is impossible to work out such a gigantic location so that enough detail even on such an approximation. Conclusion - the need to compromise! What is more important for aviasima - view from a height or from the ground? I think that first one. That had to take care of it first! Well, tell me what I'm wrong? ..

pticeratops 3 days ago

---

@ pticeratops Everyone will not please. Do not like it - do not. What is the question. Smart talk a lot, but savvy enough ...

Especially pinned the phrase "Do not pull the current components detailed nazemku - so make simplified to a height of at least looked normal!" - showed complete lack of understanding about what a person thinks. And do not fully understand.

OlegMaddox 3 days ago

---

@ pticeratops Well, why are you teaching people who have created many standards geymdeve for 20 years? Try before you say something to consider, but you're right? And to estimate what will be in the future to talk about your work?

So in Russian speaking, LOD should look good at a given distance from any switching angles and perspectives. And just so we made ​​the model and their Loda.

OlegMaddox 3 days ago

---

@ pticeratops By the way, I leave geymdev [Freycinet: probably "game development"]. It was hopeless. Servile toil. Tired of being as you were told, almost a god. Easier to buy and sell, and fools to let him develop and make these buy-sell will take you for a penny and be principal. Only here will soon have nothing to sell to such an approach ... in geymdeve crisis is already serious ... this was already before the arrival of consoles, but again it's ...

OlegMaddox 3 days ago

---

@ OlegMaddox, I too work in geymdeve. No master or guru (in general, small fry - modeler / teksturschik), but something that I still know. And just record shots, angles and distances - is that demand and require of me personally. I commit myself to this error, then corrected - now understand and remember for a lifetime. So it's not "read too" and not "superficial", and quite seriously, specifically, is justified and, importantly, out of good intentions.

pticeratops 3 days ago

---

@ OlegMaddox Oh, nothing you you said it. The people at Suhom.ru with great concern the reaction to those words. In your care, they see a complete collapse and cease his Battle of Britain, as well as Moscow, Korea, etc. I believe you made ​​this statement or in some kind of emotional outburst, or because of anger / resentment of disaffected virpilov. In any case, this is not worth it. It is not necessary either to leave or to declare it. Sincerely.

pticeratops 3 days ago

---

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3241707 - 03/22/11 03:18 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Oh, and by the way: I am personally very sad to hear that Oleg leaves game development. I understand that the haters of this sim, such as Wernervoss, Tree, nuggetx, falstaff, RS_colonel and others will obviously be quite happy that Oleg is biting the dust: being the developer of a product for which they have only contempt.

In their eyes this upcoming sim is so sub-par and absolutely rubbish that it must be a joy for them to see that it represents the endpoint of Oleg's sim development career.

I am sure they will come in here and explain how it is good and just, and how they saw it coming all along, and if he had only followed their expert advice all would be good.

Rejoice fellows, the sim developer you hated is calling it quits: this must really have made your day.

#3241709 - 03/22/11 03:20 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Originally Posted By: Freycinet
Oh, and by the way: I am personally very sad to hear that Oleg leaves game development. I understand that the haters of this sim, such as Wernervoss, Tree, nuggetx, RS_colonel and others will obviously be quite happy that Oleg is biting the dust: being the developer of a product for which they have only contempt.

In their eyes this upcoming sim is so sub-par and absolutely rubbish that it must be a joy for them to see that it is the endpoint of a sim development career.

I am sure they will come in here and explain how it is good and just and how they saw it coming all along, and if he had only followed their expert advice all would be good.

Rejoice fellows, the sim developer you hated is calling it quits: this must really have made your day.

"Hater"? Boy, you need therapy. biggrin

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#3241710 - 03/22/11 03:21 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

ahh, let me see.... looking for quotes...

This is just from the latest Hyperthreading thread, where you say very clearly that Oleg is screwy (screwy), incompetent, a liar, etc, etc...

Frankly it is too depressing to trawl through your endless whining and hating, so I'll leave it at that, everybody remembers you constant drivel anyway.

Well, enjoy it WernerVoss, you won't have to spend all your energy on dissing Oleg Maddox no more!

Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
New engine, looking to be incredibly CPU intensive, and doesn't use hyperthreading?

'New' my arse. And as for "future proofed"...double my arse.

Well...be nice if somebody from Oleg's end could find the time (about 30 seconds) to say yay or nay. Hmm, that would be helpful, wouldn't it. Oh, but how inconsiderate of me, to think they'd have time away from all the important work to give people (us) some basic gen on what we might find worthwhile to buy in terms of hardware. Yes, better spend a few hours instead making a video of four Tiger-Moths floating over the sea than give us some critical (but easy) data on supported hardware features that'll help to make the game fly. Or, even more importantly, give us some critical data that MIGHT SAVE US FROM CHUCKING A BUNCH OF MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN ON POINTLESS UPGRADES!!!

Ahem.

Sorry guys, guess I'm a tad pissed off at this continuing information vacuum that appears to be the result of high-handed arrogance, or an intention to hide drawbacks that might give potential purchasers an informed choice leading to loss of sales. Yeah! How DARE we expect to be given the opportunity to make an informed choice!!!

Though kudos to Oleg, I swear I heard him mumble that eight gigs of RAM might help the game run more smoothly.

So, either CoD does HT but neither Oleg nor Ubi think that's worth shouting about ( screwy ), or it doesn't, in which case it's not a new engine at all, is it. In fact it's old, and dated, and severely limited in scaleability.

So it beggars my belief somewhat that a dev, knowing he's coding for a genre, never mind a specific game, that is so massively reliant on processing power, fails to have it make use of HT. You mention other games that either don't use it, despite being current-gen code, or do use it but don't shout about it...maybe that's because the genre or engine can manage quite nicely without it anyway.

It is clear beyond any possible doubt that CoD is going to be whaling on the CPU like a pipe-wielding navvie, so to not implement use of HT defies understanding. Unless it's a simple case of none of the devs having the required coding ability to achieve it. Well heck, they've never managed something as simple as a dynamic campaign so it's not a hard guess to make. I guess.

#3241712 - 03/22/11 03:24 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Originally Posted By: Freycinet
ahh, let me see.... looking for quotes.

Knock yourself out, I call stuff as I see it. But as I've just laid out nearly £500 on an upgrade specifically for this sim I don't think I can accurately be called a "hater".

You, on the other hand, hate anyone who doesn't fawn to your personal satisfaction or indulge in the same kind of rabid sycophancy. But hey ho, whatever floats your boat Freya. wink

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#3241715 - 03/22/11 03:26 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

People like Freycinet are living in their own world. Did I ever say that i hate the sim ? Way to put words into my mouth.

Posting blatant things which are FACTS are not hating on anything. I don't know how one cannot understand that.

It's also known as bug testing or hunting which some professionals are getting paid to do.

#3241724 - 03/22/11 03:33 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: nuggetx]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: nuggetx
People like Freycinet are living in their own world. Did I ever say that i hate the sim ? Way to put words into my mouth.

Posting blatant things which are FACTS are not hating on anything. I don't know how one cannot understand that.

It's also known as bug testing or hunting which some professionals are getting paid to do.

Oh, yes, you have just been "bug testing" in all your postings haven't you?

And actually you ought to have been paid for your excellent work?

Anyway, you will be out of a "job" now...

#3241725 - 03/22/11 03:33 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

screwy

#3241728 - 03/22/11 03:40 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: nuggetx]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
The ones who think they "know it all", i dont even put you on my ignore list, aint worth the effort.

#3241731 - 03/22/11 03:44 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
popcorn

All this is at least equal to some of the online B-17-II/BoB1 brawls of 2001.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------

#3241736 - 03/22/11 03:46 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Did I ever say that i hate the sim ? Way to put words into my mouth.

No need to put words into your mouth, your enthusiasm for this product is really shining through:

CoD going into the dumps before even getting released, classic itsabeta

Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
I'm slowly getting the feeling that...nuggetx... doesn't really....like CoD.

I want to like it , and i would if every new information wouldn't be a stab into the back of us - players.

I'm fighting for us gamers, not for those evil money companies. You should support me.

7 years in development , we are in XXIst century and Oleg cannot make an in-game server browser where as games in 1997 had those.

i'm speechless

All i know is that i will be enjoying RoF campaign and maybe after 5 years i will buy CoD with the 5+ expansions and dynamic campaign in one package for 20 $.

This videos are bad, is Oleg serving us a Pearl Harbor soap opera? because if so , i would go re-watch Pearl Harbor.

#3241739 - 03/22/11 03:47 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
Gentlemen, stay on topic and stop throwing stink bombs at each other. Okay?

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#3241764 - 03/22/11 04:09 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: 20mm]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
There are a few people on this forum (and others) who should, just this once, have a couple of unexpressed thoughts. Please.

This is not good. nope

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 03/22/11 04:09 PM.
#3241801 - 03/22/11 04:40 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Even pticeratops seems to regret it in his last posting, cited above.

#3241888 - 03/22/11 06:47 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
MJMORROW Offline
NEWGUY
MJMORROW  Offline
NEWGUY

Making points to improve a sim, like COD, is a great good thing. What drives me up a wall is when people try to destroy a sim on account of their ridiculous belief that DRM is an infringement on their basic human rights. If a developer makes it hard to steal software, this does not make the underlying software crap. This does not make Steam or Ubisoft the bad guys either. I am not pointing to anyone, in particular, on this forum, mind you. Still, whenever someone says, look at the lighting, the grass, the trees or the instrument gauge flaws, I am always thinking, "Oh, great another guy trying to Silent Hunter 5 a sim because he has a problem with enforcing DRM!" I suspect that a lot of the COD bashing stems from this DRM obsessed crowd. I don't blame Oleg Maddox, if he is sick of hearing from the DRM crowd; not one bit.

Last edited by MJMORROW; 03/22/11 06:50 PM.

Instead of complaining about SPAD 7s, Central pilots should capture and fly them too. I suggest putting an apple in the middle of your Aerodrome field and just wait. Eventually a SPAD 7 will come by to get the apple, cause SPADS can't resist apples. This is how the Entente gets a hold of SPAD 7s, m-kay?
-MJ Morrow
#3241889 - 03/22/11 06:49 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: MJMORROW]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: MJMORROW
Making points to improve a sim, like COD, is a great good thing. What drives me up a wall is when people try to destroy a sim on account of their ridiculous belief that DRM is an infringement on their basic human rights. If a developer makes it hard to steal software, this does not make the underlying software crap. This does not make Steam or Ubisoft the bad guys either I am not pointing to anyone in particular on this forum, mind you. Still, whenever someone says, look at the lighting, the grass, the trees or the instrument gauge flaws, I am always thinking, "Oh, great another guy trying to Silent Hunter 5 a sim because he has a problem with enforcing DRM!" I don't blame Oleg Maddox, if he is sick of hearing from the DRM crowd; not one bit.

Projecting a bit there bud.

#3241893 - 03/22/11 06:55 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: FearlessFrog]  
MJMORROW Offline
NEWGUY
MJMORROW  Offline
NEWGUY

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
Making points to improve a sim, like COD, is a great good thing. What drives me up a wall is when people try to destroy a sim on account of their ridiculous belief that DRM is an infringement on their basic human rights. If a developer makes it hard to steal software, this does not make the underlying software crap. This does not make Steam or Ubisoft the bad guys either I am not pointing to anyone in particular on this forum, mind you. Still, whenever someone says, look at the lighting, the grass, the trees or the instrument gauge flaws, I am always thinking, "Oh, great another guy trying to Silent Hunter 5 a sim because he has a problem with enforcing DRM!" I don't blame Oleg Maddox, if he is sick of hearing from the DRM crowd; not one bit.

Projecting what exactly? Whenever someone trolls COD, there is a lengthy criticism of everything from ground colors to tracer wobble, but then there is the mention of DRM. Sometimes the DRM is mentioned in the signature of the troll and not in the actual post, but DRM bashing is a common source of COD criticism and a rediculous one, IMHO. It happens a lot. I am convinced that a beautiful sim like COD could not possibly get this level of criticism, before it is even released, except from the DRM trolls. Just my opinion.

Last edited by MJMORROW; 03/22/11 06:59 PM.

Instead of complaining about SPAD 7s, Central pilots should capture and fly them too. I suggest putting an apple in the middle of your Aerodrome field and just wait. Eventually a SPAD 7 will come by to get the apple, cause SPADS can't resist apples. This is how the Entente gets a hold of SPAD 7s, m-kay?
-MJ Morrow
#3241898 - 03/22/11 07:03 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: Freycinet]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

You are of course right MJMORROW. They think of themselves as the Founding Fathers, but they are more like loony libertarians and Sarah Palin with a shotgun.

And, yup, there is definitely a concerted effort out there by a few extremely vocal tools to discredit the sim.

#3241926 - 03/22/11 07:33 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: MJMORROW]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

Projecting what exactly? Whenever someone trolls COD, there is a lengthy criticism of everything from ground colors to tracer wobble, but then there is the mention of DRM. Sometimes the DRM is mentioned in the signature of the troll and not in the actual post, but DRM bashing is a common source of COD criticism and a rediculous one, IMHO. It happens a lot. I am convinced that a beautiful sim like COD could not possibly get this level of criticism, before it is even released, except from the DRM trolls. Just my opinion.

You are projecting your annoyance with others regarding DRM opinions on to why you think Oleg is leaving the industry - that's all I meant.

I haven't seen much 'DRM bashing' of CoD actually. There's been lots said about Steam, but Steam isn't being used as the game's DRM so I think that's people just getting confused.

Not trying to pick a fight with your opinion, but just saying that I really didn't see anything in Oleg's youtube comments that even touched on DRM or a even big volume of complaints about it...

#3241941 - 03/22/11 07:48 PM Re: Oleg's "I'm quitting"-posting in context in the youtube thread [Re: FearlessFrog]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

Freycinet unlike you we 'critizers' often make valid points, you are just stirring shyt with this thread.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Men vs. Feminists on the Island
by Mr_Blastman. 06/25/24 07:00 PM
New Project reveal from IL-2 6/25 8AM EST
by KRT_Bong. 06/25/24 11:22 AM
Russell Morash was 88
by F4UDash4. 06/23/24 02:36 PM
Small airplane accident
by oldgrognard. 06/21/24 09:31 PM
Movies with the most enigmatic endings
by PanzerMeyer. 06/21/24 05:14 PM
Donald Sutherland - RIP
by PanzerMeyer. 06/20/24 06:23 PM
Mid Atantic Air Museum P-61
by KRT_Bong. 06/20/24 01:57 PM
Willie May's was 93
by F4UDash4. 06/19/24 01:44 AM
The Korean War Youtube series
by wormfood. 06/18/24 02:37 PM
Is 56 too old to learn how to play guitar ?
by WangoTango. 06/18/24 12:42 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.