Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3120986 - 10/22/10 01:10 PM Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! ***  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

This thread reserved for "Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Contest" entries.

Please do not post any other information in this thread. Thanks!

Contest details are here:
http://www.simhq.com/_contests/hotas_warthog_contest.html

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3121163 - 10/22/10 04:36 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Lord Flashheart Offline
Lord Flashheart  Offline

London, UK
Why you want a Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG?

Well if I had a TM HOTAS WARTHOG - I'd be able to BOAR everyone else at SimHQ with how great it is -I'd literally be in HOG heaven. And that's better than breaking into the PIGGY-BANK - then I might have to tell PORKIES to my BABE wife - she knows I'm a real SWINE when it comes to getting my SNOUT out of flight sims and I'm useless at lying - so I would probably SQUEAL where the cash RASHER(ly) went. In short it would really save my BACON at home - but my usual luck in contests is PIGS MIGHT FLY before I win anything...

There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
#3121209 - 10/22/10 05:15 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Fridge Offline
Fridge  Offline

Fredericton, NB, Canada
Why do I want a Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG?

Because it is cheaper and safer for everyone involved if I don't get my hands on an actually A-10 Thunderbolt II. I think the last thing my neighbourhood needs is for me to have an A-10 parked in my driveway. Of course, there are benefits: Engine runups late at night when the local party house won't shut the heck up; Live fire demonstrations of the GAU; photo opportunities for the neighbourhood kids on Sundays. Then again, that's not why I want a Thrustmaster Warthog more than why the neighbours want me to have one. I think the last thing my local flight club/school needs is an A-10 parked next to the Cessna's, Piper's and Diamond Katanas: gas is expensive, insurance is probably going to be ... hmm ... steep, and the landing fees are going to shoot up with the live weapons and frequent landing 'mishaps'.

That and it keeps me busy learning all that switchology and away from my other 'creative' projects :-)

Fridge
----------
Things which do you no good in aviation:
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
4) The airspeed you don't have.
#3121256 - 10/22/10 05:59 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
BSS_Boxer Offline
BSS_Boxer  Offline

Alberta Canada

There comes a time in life when one has to come to the realization that, YOU are a Flight Sim Addict. A time when all reality comes crashing down around you and punches you square in the face with the truth. Today I have opened that door to this reality. I am a flight Sim Addict. Flight simming started for me in 1980 with the first flight sim from subLOGIC and Microsoft called FS1. watching those wire frame planes fly around the Statue of liberty, I honestly felt I was in New York. And I was only Ten. Since then I have been addicted to this wonderful drug. Honestly I just cant get enough of it. Every time a new Sim comes out, I have to have it.

And now... now you temp me with a chance to win a WARTHOG!!! Well I have to have this, I have to win this. Not only to allow my inner demons to subside back into the dark place that they hide, but to allow those that are close to me to be able to be in the same room with me for more then a minute before I start talking their ear off about flying online or the next new gadget that I need to be able to fly just right. When I am at work all I can think about is getting home so that I can Strap myself into an A-10, and execute the start-up sequence in preparation for a combat mission. Do you see why I need to win. A mans world could be shattered, well at least it would save me from having to justify why I just spent more money on a new HOTAS system to my wife.

#3121340 - 10/22/10 07:04 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
RatBastid Offline
RatBastid  Offline

El Cajon, CA USA

Well who wouldnt want one! Look at it! Its art in its finest form. This thing should be in the Smithsonian or something. Its perfection! I have gawked at the Warthog many times with my wife sitting next to me and even she says its a gorgeous peice of hardware and how bad@ss it looks. Of course its always followed with "But i jsut couldnt see spending that kind of money on it, I would rather spend that on a camping trip or something!" Can you believe that pffft camping!?!? As you can tell my wife doesnt have her priorities set properly and i have a lot of work to do on her. Problem is it may take many years of therapy session 1 on 1 with her before i can convince her into letting me get one. So this may be the only chance for me to get one any time soon. Please help me get one! I dont know if i will be able to wait or even be able to manage sitting through all the therapy sessions with my wife. Please lets keep a sane man sane

Hmmmmm I wonder if using any sort of shock therapy might speed up the process.

All seriousness though money is tight between my wife and i we have 6 kids and child support isnt cheap these days (no dead beat dad here!) Trying to build a pit gearing up for DCS-A10 on a budget isnt easy. This would make my year if i was able to win this and complete my pit perfectly!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!

#3121353 - 10/22/10 07:17 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
retiredat44 Offline
retiredat44  Offline

San Diego
I want a Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG because I have no other life, and what I do for pleasure is fly flight sims. I have no other life because of health issues. I enjoy flying. While being a USAF Veteran, I was not a pilot, but I did service the A-10's while stationed at a nATO AirBase for several years. They usually had cluster bombs attached for pilot training. When the flew over the forested areas near and around the base, you could not hear them until they were over the top and passing by. They are awesome!

I hope to use the New stick for flying the A-10C and Black Shark too!
copter

#3121364 - 10/22/10 07:30 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Hellmann Offline
Hellmann  Offline

Torontario
My introduction to flight sims began with Parsoft Interactive's A-10 flight simulators in the mid 90's on a MAC and I've been hooked ever since. Now that DCS:A10 has been released (in beta of course), a 14 year old dream has come to fruition and I can fly my favourite weapons platform again in HI-DEF!

A few years ago I had to buy a PC as MAC support for flight sims dropped off the face of the earth. Since then I have been acquiring every piece of hardware related to flight sims within my means to get the immersion factor I have been looking for and have even recently built a D.I.Y. PVC cockpit to further my cause. My girlfriend thinks I've "lost the plot" and has even threatened to leave me numerous times due to my flight sim addiction and the "gobs" of money I have spent on this hobby. Now that the Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG has been released, I must acquire this to fill this desire but she has forbidden me from this purchase especially now that my money is tight as I have recently been laid off. So unless I win this contest my 14 year old dream won't be fully realized and If do buy it, my girlfriend will probably leave me.

… and this is "Why I want to win a Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™".

Good luck to everybody as we all deserve to have this wonderful hardware added to our crazy addiction of flight-simming.

Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

— Derek Robinson
#3121377 - 10/22/10 07:39 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool

I want to be King for once:

Because I already have a Warthog which is why I love getting out of the way and immersing myself in flight sims....I mean the Warthog I have at the moment is good at making my tea and cleans the house but when it comes to helping me fly virtual planes she is rubbish and she didn't get the nickname WartHog for her beautiful looks...The ThurstMaster Warthog is alot sexier and as it's the pinnacle of flightsticks I will finally become king of the skies, even if I'm not king of my house....must dash the WartHog wants me to do the garden....

Last edited by Wodin; 10/24/10 02:03 PM.
#3121399 - 10/22/10 07:58 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
hannibal Offline
hannibal  Offline

I am a hardware freak. i spent more time building a setup instead of actually playing the simulation itself. i made my own helicopter controls (collective, cyclic, and torque pedals), did the suncom modification, and so on..

I want the HOTAS WARTHOG because:
1) comfortable. i have tried the T.16000M, and so far it is the BEST feeling joystick to this date.. without having to deal with pots, the "ball joint" construction makes seamless transition between X and Y axis, and if this is what Thrustmaster offers in hall-effect joystick, then I WANT HOTAS WARTHOG...
2) design. ok, come on. it is based off the A-10C.. i like authenticity.. i mean that's what simulation is all about? not to knock the lastest joysticks, (Saitek X65F, G940), but man those design makes me feel like im playing robo-tech.. so because the Thrustmaster product offering is authentic, makes me WANT A HOTAS WARTHOG.
3) software- (although specualation).. from building all the controls and using joysticks, i think the MOST important part of the joystick feature is the programming software. i really disliked the Saitek SST software because it was limited in terms of configuribilty. it did not allow me to swap axises.. for instance, make the "x-axis of the joystick" function as the "y-axis mouse movement" but physically your moving the joystick to do what the mouse does, but in game/screen.. right now, i think the CH Control Manager utility and Thrustmaster Foxy Software are VERY powerful.. SO.. because Thrustmaster will offer T.A.R.G.E.T., which i assume will be a powerful mapping utility, THEN AGAIN I WANT THE HOTAS WARTHOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Last edited by hannibal; 10/22/10 07:59 PM.
#3121404 - 10/22/10 07:59 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Cold_Gambler Offline
Cold_Gambler  Offline

Ode to a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Night and day I have dreamed of thee,
Warthoggie.

I've dreamed of your dual throttles,
of alternating woven trails
of afterburn't smoke in my mind's eye.

I've coveted you from afar,
contemplated images of your solid engineering,
your multiplicity of functionality.

In my reveries, I have assigned and re-assigned
your switches, your toggles and your axes,
killed a thousand foes and saved a thousand friends.

Night and day I have dreamed of thee,
Warthoggie.

While playing with my SideWinder (and truly was but "play")
I have dreamed of thee, Warthoggie. And pined.

Ah but - Hark!
Is that a chance to have you I hear?
Or but a further delusion of my desires?

A competition to acquire
what my wallet (and my wife), will not permit me obtain.
A chance, perchance, in vain!

A chance, perchance, to live the dream and not merely dream.

I have dreamed of thee, Warthoggie.

------------------
Please, please, pretty please with a cherry-on-top! I really NEEEEEEEEEEED a Warthog.

I can also promise that if I am the lucky winner the poetry will stop~

C_G

Last edited by Cold_Gambler; 10/22/10 08:05 PM.

looks very modernishy-phoney-windows eighty-tabletty like

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0 // i5 2500k @4.3 GHz with Noctua NH-D14 // nvidia gtx 780 // 8 GB DDR3 1600 //Win7 home 64 bit //450 GB VelociRaptor //Recon3D Champion
#3121428 - 10/22/10 08:15 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
RAF74_Raptor Offline
Jurrasic
RAF74_Raptor  Offline
Jurrasic

TN
Since I was a kid I have always wanted to be a pilot of either an A-10, or an F-16, however due to divine intervention, bad genes, or just my bad luck I don’t have the eyesight to become a Fighter Pilot. However then I discovered the wide world of flight simming and I haven’t looked back. I remember the first time I sat down in the virutal cockpit of my beautiful Falcon with a cold jet and thought now what the hell do I do where is the F***ing manual which I still have mind you and I was like yep I’m there. I have been on the forums for years here at SimHQ I am just not one of the more vocal members.

Now the reason I want the HOTAS Warthog is simple it looks awesome and it will likely perform awesome and I have a lovely spot picked out for it on my desk-pit and frankly I havent yet found a HOTAS I like and I think that this one could be the One.

So please Sim Hq Brethren and sisters please help this poor simmer continue crashing.
I am a Flight Sim addict who has no life and like another poster posted it would be a bad thing for me to get my hands on a A-10 or a F-16. Good luck to the winners because if I dont win my wallet will cry.

Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
#3121432 - 10/22/10 08:17 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
wraith444 Offline
wraith444  Offline

Why do I want a Thrustmaster Warthog?

As an active duty US Navy sailor, frequent travel is a simple fact of life. While underway my little Saitek Cyborg X stick is extremely handy for its portability, it’s a well known fact that there’s nothing quite like coming home to a hot home cooked meal, a cold beer, and a high-quality, cutting-edge HOTAS after weeks or months of floating around bored with a flimsy little plastic stick and poorly mapped controls. After the strenuous work hours and boring intervening time, it takes nothing less than a beautifully crafted replica of the controls from the world’s greatest tank buster to truly bring a sea-weary sailor back to life! Such an almost mystical restoration of the spirit has great potential to improve the work quality of a modern day man of the seas, leading by extension to a great improvement in the ability of such a man’s ship to perform its mission beyond all expectations.

While clearly it would benefit my morale and quality of life, it would also greatly benefit others. Without the silver lining of a nice new Warthog waiting back home, the only other way to truly overcome the dark cloud of prolonged underway periods on an Amphib is a grim, gristly, gruesome thing involving poor hapless shipmates, gullible junior enlisted Marines, and mass quantities of duct tape. By favoring me in your decision, you also save the young and innocent newcomers of the military lifestyle from having to clean tape residue studded with their own newly-lost arm hairs from chairs, tables and bulkheads alike. As if the fate of being beset by a duct-tape wielding madman were not terrifying enough for these poor young sailors and Marines, imagine the excruciating terror they will face when they fall ignorantly into a forming line of their fellows in a passageway only to discover hours later that the promise of free sodas and ship store vouchers was a COMPLETE FABRICATION! Now let your minds grasp if you will the agony these young fighting men face as their coffin lockers are opened while they still occupy their racks, trapping them helplessly for a horrifying 5 minutes before a passerby discovers their plight and takes humorous commemorative photographs before freeing them from their padded and blanketed prison! Clearly it would be to the great benefit of these poor youths if their elder were to have the shining hope of a Thrustmaster Warthog awaiting him on the horizon!

#3121494 - 10/22/10 09:13 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Richardg Offline
Richardg  Offline

I will always want a HOTAS Warthog, because my wifey won't let me buy one.

#3121516 - 10/22/10 09:32 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
DSLam Offline
DSLam  Offline

Because I lost my cool job as an archivist/librarian some months ago (Spain here, wooping 20% unemployment rate), my X-45 HOTAS finally broke and now I'm flying with a barely alive 12 year old single joystick. Flying DCS:Ka-50 is frustrating and I can't even buy DCS:A-10 awwwww

So go figure how nice days I'm having looking out the window -_-

Better times ahead I'm sure! thumbsup

Distiler/DSLam

#3121550 - 10/22/10 10:18 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
swampthng Offline
swampthng  Offline

why do i want a Thrustmaster warthog HOTAS? Quite simple really. For months i have been slaving away on my top secret spacecraft that i will use to leave this planet and travel to the home of the aliens that abducted me back in 92. I have been trying to fit my Saitek X52 HOTAS setup into said spacecraft but have had nothing but issues with the cheap plastic stick breaking and poor accuracy. I mean when you're rocketing through space at high speeds even being off .0001 of a degree can be hazardous. The Thrustmaster Warthog with it's high quality construction and the stick being able to mount in a cockpit with it's pre drilled holes will save me hours of fitting and retooling of my spacecraft design. Coincidentally, my entire ship interface is based off of USB so i won't have any integration issues. Please don't ruin a budding spacetravellers dream by depriving him of the perfect component to finish my trek to the stars.

On the serious side, because i've never won anything in my life and it'd be cool to win the stick of my favorite airplane and would allow me to beta test DCS Warthog even better!

#3121573 - 10/22/10 10:42 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Lancelot Offline
Lancelot  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Because I’m tired of suffering seeing the great comments of the beta testers
Because I want to join the virtual Thunderbirds and show them what a bunch of lousy virtual pilots they are.
Because it looks it would be a great rolling pin.
Because if I don’t win it my wife would kill me if I buy one.
Because I would have to sell my beloved Cougar for buying one.
Because my life would be meaningless without one!
Because it’s the perfect tool the cause death, kaos and destruction to my enemies.
Because for buying it besides 500 U$S I have to pay 60 $ on shipping and 280 $ on taxes and I’m unemployed. Ain’t taxes great!.
Because without one I will not use my time for flying and will use it to write inmature and childish comments and critics on any thread on SimHQ.
Because I AM THE QUEEN OF BLADES!. That’s right, i’m also transexual!
Because I’m worth it!
Because without one I won’t be able to fly an A-10 and destroy Skynet
Because I need two new paperweights for my desk
Because it looks it will stand a lot of flying time and the beating when I use it to hit my wife and/or kids when they disturb me when I’m flying.

smile

Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!
#3121608 - 10/22/10 11:48 PM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Ghost_unit13 Offline
Ghost_unit13  Offline

The Netherlands
Why? very simple.. Because it fits!

“Get over that shame, and fly the Hog as it is supposed to be!”

This stick will change the flightsim experience of all flightsimmers and I tell you why.

At the moment I’m flying an other brance HOTAS setup.. Always being very happy with it, I didn’t expect the need for something else.. until there was this Beta released of a Warthog sim and saw the thrustmaster warthog HOTAS setup. Flying the beast like all the other sim’s, stick on the right site on my desk and using the stick layout the warthogs use to have, I started to notice something is wrong in this picture and something doesn’t feel right.

Having the stick on the desk the ergonomics are all wrong! You can’t push the pickle button without braking your wrist or plunging in a dive, you can’t use the trim button relaxed without shaking the plane in all directions. And the stick movement, somehow doesn’t feels right. The reason: It’s to high on the desk!

Ok you can get some fancy cockpit seats with custom HOTAS height settings, but for the normal simmer like me, this isn’t an option. But then I had a better look at the A-10. Look how the stick is used. There is was, the answer was right in front of me, and it always has been there!

With the risk on strange looks and comments from my family members walking in on me, sitting behind my computer.. I put the stick on my seat… between my lags. This is how it should be for an A10 pilot! What happened next was amazing…(besides my wive walking in on me) in my 20 year of flight simming I never had this feeling of flying a plane as I did now. A whole new experience opened up to me.. Why didn’t I think of this before? The handling is like it should be, smooth and easy, the pickle button is on the exact right place. Trimming the plane is like…well just beautiful.

So my idea is to start a campage to tell all simmers “put your stick between your legs” ok, gonna need a better slogan here, maybe “get over that shame, and fly the Hog as it is supposed to be!”

So why do you need the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog for that you ask? Well actually there is one issue with my idea. “does it fit?” The way most HOTAS stick base are build, flying long hours like that will not be fun for long. But look at the Thrustmaster HOTAS!! Look at the thin baseplate it is connected to, the form of the base of the stick. I won’t go in to many details here.. but you have a winner here!! This is gonna be the biggest selling point! It will fit perfectly !!!

That’s why I need that Warthog HOTAS! Because it fits!

i7 4770K @3.50Ghz - 16GB - 256 SSD - R9-280X - CH Hotas- 27"LG - Obutto Rev3
#3121642 - 10/23/10 12:16 AM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
SJ_Kraken Offline
El Instructor
SJ_Kraken  Offline
El Instructor

Chile.

-Why do I want a Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG?

-My family was kidnapped by a bunch of aliens pirates dudes from
space a week ago , sincerily i can't do very much with my actual
joystick to put in my spacecraft and rescue them, do you know how
many buttons do you need to know if you want to pilot a spacecraft with
capabilities of combat in any kind of atmospheres, at mach 8.0,
use BVR missiles and in the same time take your girlfriend's
calls and lie to her with your voice in a very convincing way?
19 buttons.

-And the precission issues, oh that's a great deal with normal tech. Saturn is the base of the pirate fleet, i would die if use my normal analog joystick without the warhog precission to cross the debris flying around. The enemy have some fiercely alienshka AAA and warhog is the tool for send them to a less pirate life.

-For all of that and because i spend my savings in a month of beer (supplies for the mission of course, well a couple before launching) i need a warhog to train and later equip my ship.

-Best Regards.
Kraken.

#3121675 - 10/23/10 12:53 AM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Raggz Offline
Raggz  Offline

Norway
This is a contest i might not win
But i really need the warthog to take my A-10 for a spin.
But should i win this magnificent price
I'll take a picture of my wife's big eyes

Last edited by Raggz; 10/23/10 12:58 AM.

I7-3930K CPU
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz Ram.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe MB.
Asus GTX680 2Gb
OCZ Agility 240Gb SSD
OCZ Agility 60Gb SSD Cache disc.
Auzentech Home theater 3D.
TM Warthog HOTAS
TM Cougar MFD's
Saitek Pedals
TrackIR 5
Logitech Z-5500 Surround.
Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH LCD
#3121851 - 10/23/10 06:44 AM Re: Win a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog! [Re: citizen guod]  
Hrvoje Offline
Hrvoje  Offline

Why should I get one? Well for starters, I have never flown with trutmaster sticks..Then again, I even didnt get to fly with A-10C or 'A' for that matter..I only briefly had the chance to fly Cessna for 10 minutes, because my younger brother is a pilot. He now files MD-82...and I am stuck on different PC simulation games. I think the only close thing to real deal is DCS A-10C...and to make it more real, I only need Warthog HOTAS form YOU...Well, I think that YOU now have a chance to really really make my day, and give me a hope, that all is not lost..I can still fly the closest to the real thing with HOTAS WARTHOG.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.