Here we go again, yet another repackaging of what is basically 2003's Lock On. How many more times are they going to try this?

I anxiously waited for the original Lock On. When I finally got it, i didn't like it. I bought Flaming Cliffs willing to give it another try. Still didn't like it. I bought A-10C. Didn't like it. Even had the super expensive A-10 HOTAS.

I bought Flaming Cliffs 3 after thinking maybe I would like the simplified stuff. Nope, didn't like it. After that I said "never again" to buying DCS sims, even though their flashy videos always tempt me.

My point here is basically "Are they REALLY going to attract many new people to the series with this?" I lived and breathed flight sims for the first 20 years of my life. I played every single one I could get my hands on. It was my absolute favorite genre of game. I'm not going to touch MAC. If they can't get me into the game, I can't possibly see them getting people who have grown up on first person shooters, and maybe flying aircraft on ARMA or Battlefield into the game. If it is on Steam, I predict they'll sucker in a few people with the sweet looking video, who will then get into the game and realize it is nothing like what the video shows, and refund before they hit the 2 hour playtime mark.

Wasn't FC3 supposed to do the same thing? Draw in more casual players with simplified planes? That didn't really work, did it?

Sure was a beautiful video though. Credit where credit is due, the graphics are very pretty overall.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.