Quote:
Derek Robinson trilogy is a must read. Goshawk Squadron, War Story and Hornets Sting.

I have read the first one (the only that has been translated in french), and I found it quite good (well, except the numerous anti-frog comments wink )
I also received today "One Spring in Picardy", found it for a couple of euros at Abebooks. It is about a night bombing FE2 squadron. Don't know what it worth, but I like the cover.

And if we talk about fiction, there is also this one (which suits well the Halloween mood)

Manfred is a vampire, Edgar Allan Poe is sent by the Kaiser(who fell under Dracula's control) to help him writing "Der Röte-Töt Kampfflieger".
Adventure/detective novel, with WW1 background but a lot of historical characters. It was a fun read.

On french side, there is "The Crew" by Joseph Kessel, a "sentimental" fiction with the air war on the background. Kessel was gunner in SAL 39 in 1918, and he puts some of his experience in the book, and he pays hommage to his former Commandant in it. Some found the writing a bit "dated", but there's cool parts, especially at the end.