The time has come, I've now deemed 1.9 ready for release!What's new in 1.9?
First of all, if you haven't seen it, there is a 10 minute video
showing some of the new features.
Among the new features are new weapons modelling where rockets and bullets now are affected by gravity, drag and dispersion:
Spiraling flightpath and depressable launchers for the Vikhr missiles:
Relief shaded, topographical campaign maps:
Colour MFDs for Alligator and Comanche:
A new HUD for the Comanche:
Proper colour or monochrome TV cameras, not just IR cameras.Full changelogWeapons modelling
- Gun projectiles and unguided rockets are now affected by gravity, drag and dispersion. As a result rounds take longer to reach their target and with less accuracy.
- Vikhr missiles now follow a spiral flight path
- Vikhr launch racks will depress up to 12 degrees to align with target direction. This helps as the Vikhr now has very narrow launch restrictions for weapon launch.
- Rockets and missiles will now only create smoke for as long as the rocket engine is burning.
- Rockets adjusted to have shorter burn time and faster acceleration.
- Muzzle velocity adjusted for many weapons to better match real world values.
- New values for GWUT file for changing weapons drag, spiral path and seeker limits. These are included in gwut190.csv, but note that the GWUT editor (version 1.3) is not yet capable of editing these values, and will delete them from any file which contains them. So you will have to edit the file with a text editor until a new version of the GWUT editor comes out
Campaign map changes
- New weapons aiming avionics for ballistic weapons. See wiki article for details.
- New flight MFD page, revised TADS page and added colour to many other MFD pages for Comanche.
- New HUD for Comanche
- New flight, TSD, radar and engine pages for Alligator. Added colour to several other pages.
- DTV/LLLTV will now show a full-colour(for Comanche) or monochrome (for the others) TV view, not a IR-view.
- DTV/LLLTV in Comanche and Ka-52 is now capable changing zoom level.
- EO zoom level can now be changed even if EO is not active targeting system. Use CTRL + keypad +/- for this (only when manual laser/radar is enabled in eech.ini)
- EO camera can now be changed even if EO is not active targeting system. Use Shift + END for this.
- New relief shaded topographical campaign map
- Hi-res campaign map and alternative map palette also available (campaign_map_mode and campaign_map_palette in eech.ini)
- Adjustable how often enemy units update. By default the position of known enemy units are updated once every 2 minutes. Configurable by map_update_interval in eech.ini.
- Fixed bug where undiscovered enemy units would show up if you just zoomed the map enough.
- Campaign map in free flight mode now allows adding and moving waypoints.
- New free camera mode. Press F9 when already in chase or weapons camera view. Use mouse to pan, arrow keys or mouse wheel to move camera.
- New wobbly camera option (wobbly-camera in eech.ini) for chase and weapons camera. Gives the impression of the camera being mounted in a chase plane/helicopter which is not always able to keep perfect view of object.
- Chase camera allows a limited amount of movement from object being chased. Use arrow keys for this.
- You can now disable the persistent smoke (persistent_smoke=0 in eech.ini). With it enabled smoke will only be created for about 10 seconds, instead of minutes.
- Rockets and missiles only generate smoke as long as the rocket engine is burning.
- Slightly adjusted smoke colour.
- Fixed a crash which would sometimes happen with smoke.
- Fixed a problem for multiplayer/saved games where data would get corrupted
- Trim does no longer affect helicopter attitude in hover hold mode.
- ... and probably some more changes I've forgotten to mention, and numerous bugs I haven't discovered yet
* To get the new weapons ballistic you must use the new gwut190.csv file. Since it contains some new values it can't be edited with the GWUT editor, if you want to change it you have to use a text editor.
* Your game.cfg file will be reset, so make sure you go into the options menu and set your options the way you want them after first start
* All previous save games will be invalid, so finish any campaigns before updating.
* Since there is a lot of changes, and this is a .0 release, don't expect it to be completely bug free yet. I'm sure there are still some undiscovered bugs. But there is always .1 to fix things again