Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4507792 - 02/18/20 04:08 PM Re: I didn't know this. Women Top Guns. [Re: vonBaur]  
RedOneAlpha Online content
RedOneAlpha  Online Content

LEGE
Originally Posted by vonBaur
Originally Posted by Red2112
vonBaur, you mean the Aerosoft Bronco for FSX? I loved flying that thing, although I felt stupid doing VFR with it biggrin

Could be, Red. It's been five or six years since I downloaded it and all the zip file says is the aircraft type. Why did you feel stupid doing VFR? It was designed as an observation aircraft, so visibility both forward and down is excellent. And I know the navaids work because it's the first plane I flew a long distance, multi-leg TACAN flight in. I simulated flying from where I live, near Springfield MO, to Killeen TX because my son was stationed at Ft. Hood at the time. The only thing I regret about that flight was that I didn't have MegaSceneryEarth at the time and had to fly it over the stock FSX ground tiles.

Basically because I would do all my VFR flights with civil airframes. Yes it does have a great view from the office, that´s one of the things I liked the most from the Aerosoft Bronco X, and the fact that it´s a fast twin-prop. I still have it, and it works in Prepar3D v4.5 officially.

You will know it´s the Aerosoft Bronco X because it has a interactive check-list/log book...

Red

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4507799 - 02/18/20 05:10 PM Re: I didn't know this. Women Top Guns. [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Red2112
vonBaur, you mean the Aerosoft Bronco for FSX? I loved flying that thing, although I felt stupid doing VFR with it biggrin

Ask Svetlana about women pilots...

Red

My impression of female pilots forever changed when I watched Patty Wagstaff perform live at an airshow here--I still remember her performance, vividly. What a badass.

#4507823 - 02/18/20 06:48 PM Re: I didn't know this. Women Top Guns. [Re: vonBaur]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by MarkG
Doesn't body weight also make a difference with G-force tolerance?

I went trough physiological training several times, Mark, but I don't recall any correlation. One of the techniques to combat the effects of G forces is to tighten your abdominal and upper body muscles as hard as you can. They describe it as mimicking trying to force out a stubborn...uhhh...well, let's just say it's like struggling on the toilet. You'll also see fighter pilots spending more time pumping iron than working on cardio for the same reason. So more like physical condition than simply body weight. Of course it's been more than thirty years, so some things may have changed.

Interesting. So if it wasn't my reduced weight that made the ride more comfortable the last time (2013), it was possibly my increased physical fitness. I'd like to try it again with your abdominal/upper body procedure, maybe on one of those even higher G rides.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4507826 - 02/18/20 07:03 PM Re: I didn't know this. Women Top Guns. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
RedOneAlpha Online content
RedOneAlpha  Online Content

LEGE
I mentioned Svetlana because she has won various world championships. Flying is not a mans thing only, but then theres a bunch of mill, or ex-mill dudes that get all pissed off when woman are better then them, and/or can be in a elite force. In my case I get turned on when I see a chick kick ass, no matter what they do! biggrin

Red

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4507833 - 02/18/20 08:06 PM Re: I didn't know this. Women Top Guns. [Re: MarkG]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Originally Posted by MarkG
Interesting. So if it wasn't my reduced weight that made the ride more comfortable the last time (2013), it was possibly my increased physical fitness. I'd like to try it again with your abdominal/upper body procedure, maybe on one of those even higher G rides.

If you've ever watched videos of people in G simulators and noticed the grunting or forced exhales that's basically what they're doing. You tighten up every muscle you can from your waist up. The muscles squeeze the blood veins and restrict flow from the extremities. The arteries are generally too deep to be adversely affected. You can even notice a difference doing it on high-speed roller coasters or other rides that create high G situations.

If that's the stock colors for the Aerosoft OV, Red, then that's not the one I've got. Mine is all grey with USAF markings. That one looks more like the NASA birds. On the other hand, if you managed to repaint it for FSX I'd love to find out how. I have what, in my head, is an amazing Pittsburgh Steelers based paint job.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4507864 - 02/19/20 02:54 AM Re: I didn't know this. Women Top Guns. [Re: vonBaur]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

If you've ever watched videos of people in G simulators and noticed the grunting or forced exhales that's basically what they're doing. You tighten up every muscle you can from your waist up. The muscles squeeze the blood veins and restrict flow from the extremities. The arteries are generally too deep to be adversely affected. You can even notice a difference doing it on high-speed roller coasters or other rides that create high G situations.

Is this what you are talking about, Herr vonBaur?

I know someone who was in her film acting class in 2002.

[Linked Image]
#4507869 - 02/19/20 04:12 AM Re: I didn't know this. Women Top Guns. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Ha ha. The movie version, yes. There are a number of failsafes in the real ones including, if I'm not mistaken, a "dead man's switch" that the pilot being tested has to hold down. Lose consciousness and it shuts down, no need to fire a mini-missile concealed in your watch, or whatever it was. They're also being monitored the entire time with a camera focused on the pilot's face. If you've never seen the videos just go to You Tube and search "G-testing". They're really funny.

The training, on the other hand, is deadly serious. I never did the G simulator. That's reserved for people like pilots, astronauts, and Myth Busters. But like the altitude chamber, which I did run through a few times, it's purpose is for the person undergoing training to become familiar with what G-LOC or hypoxia feels like in a safe, controlled situation so he or she will recognize it if it happens under not-so controlled circumstances.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4507874 - 02/19/20 09:26 AM Re: I didn't know this. Women Top Guns. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Like this guy with a resting g tolerance of 6.8g
ignore the title his max was 8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-YDuH2oFA8

My highest g that I have felt is 3.5 in a Cessna Aerobat that I was flying

and a 12g test eek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrUCGZO5H9s

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4507970 - 02/20/20 07:53 AM Re: I didn't know this. Women Top Guns. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Watching those videos I think I will pass out at 1G.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.