Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4504367 - 01/20/20 11:39 PM Wurttemberg Skin Pack  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Sandbagger will be hosting another skin pack for me shortly, that is if he isn't sick of me yet.

WOFF UE Wurttemberg Jagdstaffeln Skin Pack

I’m posting some information and screenshots of most of the skins so everyone can see where they came from and what they look like and decide if they want to download the Mod or not.

The Mod is JGSME enabled. My thanks to Robert Wiggins for the great coding job on that magical beast.

All these are Frankensteined conversions of original WOFF skins with a few detailing touches of my own. Many thanks to the creators of these fine works of art.

Thanks also, Sandbagger for hosting them on his Mod download site and maintaining that wonderland of goodies.

This time, I decided to pick on the three Wurttemberg Jagdstaffels, 28w, 47w and 64w. The other two Wurttemberg Jagdstaffels, 84w and 88w, are not presently in the order of battle for WOFF.

If you don’t like some of these skins and want to get rid of them, here’s how.

Go in to you MODs file > click on this MOD folder “WOFF UE Wurttemberg Jagdstaffels” > keep double clicking, following the breadcrumbs until you come to “skins” > once you double click skins the icons or listing for the skins for this MOD will appear > either cut and move or delete the skins that do not please you.

Next: open your JGSME > deactivate the MOD then put it back in or reactivate, whatever the proper term is. You should see this offending skin no more, forever. You can, of course, just remove it and put it in a separate file somewhere if you want to use it later but don’t want it cluttering up your skins now.

If the deleted skin replaced one that you already had, the original will be put back in the skin file when you remove the MOD on JGSME because it stores any replaced items. What an amazing animal!

Along that same line, if you do personal skins, you can put your skins in the folder and they will become part of your copy of the MOD. They will then be removed with the other skins in the MOD when you deactivate it in the JGSME. I have done this as an experiment and it works fine.

Additional note that I just thought of: Another suggestion, if you don’t like something that I have done to the skin, say you don’t like my choice of wings, there is no reason why you can’t nail it up on GIMP or whatever you use and customize, then put it back in the MODs skin folder.

Hals-und beinbruch

Jerbear

Last edited by jerbear; 01/24/20 11:54 PM.
#4504368 - 01/20/20 11:42 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

JASTA 47w

WOFF has only seven skins for this Jasta, six belonging to the mere two aces attached to it during its entire existence, Friedrich Ehmann and Walter Kypke. The seventh skin was a wingman DVII OAW.
Only two aircraft are issued to the Staffel by the game, the Pfalz DIII and Fokker DVIIOAW.
I used these original skins and information found in “The Jasta Pilots” to make these speculative and custom skins.

The Jasta Colours Appendix in “The Jasta Pilots” states that in a combat report dated 4 Nov 1918 Ehmann flew a Fokker DVII with a red nose and brown fuselage. He also noted that there was a yellow band around the fuselage.

The appendix states further that Mannock shot down a Pflaz DIIIa from Jasta 47w and described it as black. The authors believe that he may have misinterpreted the chocolate brown for black. This Pfalz is said to have had the silver factory-finish wings and a red nose.

From this information it is assumed that the Staffel marking was a red nose and brown fuselage, leaving the wings silver gray.

Since no wingman Pfalz had been provided, I edited out the flying goose insignia from Kypke’s Pfalz machines to make 1917 and 1918 versions of these little chocolate delights for our non-ace AI pilot friends.

This first screen shot is of the 1917 wingman: off_Pfalz_DIIIa_t_Jasta 47w 1917.

The second screen shot shows the 1918 wingman Pfalz: off_Pfalz_DIIIa_t_Jasta 47w 1918. The other aircraft is that of Walter Krypke with his flying goose personal marking, which is provided in the official skin pack by WOFF.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached Files A.jpgB.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/20/20 11:47 PM.
#4504369 - 01/20/20 11:48 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Emil Bansmer was assigned to the Staffel for about two weeks in January 1918. In making this speculative skin for him, I chose to use the same observer badge insignia he used on his Albatri skins when he was with Jasta 10. I do not find anything about the Jasta 10 assignment in “The Jasta Pilots” but he is indicated as being a member of that unit in the Osprey book on JG1.

off_Pfalz_DIIIa_ace_t_Jasta 47w 1917_Emil_Bansmer.

Two additional Pfalz were made with red tails and wheels in addition to the standard red nose for myself.

off_Pfalz_DIIIa_ace_t_Jasta 47w 1917_Red_Tail.

off_Pfalz_DIIIa_ace_t_Jasta 47w 1918_Red_Tail.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files C.jpgD.jpgE.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/20/20 11:52 PM.
#4504370 - 01/20/20 11:54 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

I made a few OAW Fokkers as well, as I stated before, there are only two aces for this Staffel in game so they’re just for the heck of it. I use one of the other of them when I feel like getting killed in this Staffel.

I made one with a red band from the plain brown fuselage. The hue of the band was edited to make it match the red of the nose section. I assume OvStachel and Makai, who collaborated on the DVII skins intended this to represent the effect of overpainting brown or black with red.

The second DVII has the yellow band Ehmann discribed in his November 1918 combat report.

For the other two custom skins I combined the wingman skin with the Wurttemberg yellow and black lozenge pattern Fokker DVII flown by Gottard Sachsenberg of MFJ1. From these I made one version with a band made of the lozenges and one with the entire aft section covered in the yellow and black diamonds. Why? Just cause.

off_Fokker_DVII_OAW_ace_t_Jasta 47w 1918_Red_Band

off_Fokker_DVII_OAW_ace_t_Jasta 47w 1918_Yellow_Band

off_Fokker_DVII_OAW_ace_t_Jasta 47w 1918_Check_Band

off_Fokker_DVII_OAW_ace_t_Jasta 47w 1918_Check_Tail

[Linked Image]

Attached Files F.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/20/20 11:56 PM.
#4504371 - 01/20/20 11:57 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

JASTA 64w

No Pfalz wingman skin was provided for the 1917 period (Jan 1918 – 21 Mar 1918). This one is based on Hengst’s Pfalz. off_Pfalz_DIIIa_t_Jasta 64w 1917

[Linked Image]

Attached Files G.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/20/20 11:58 PM.
#4504372 - 01/20/20 11:59 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

August Hanko, who flew with Jasta 64w from January to July 1918 had no skin for his Pfalz or Albatros DVa so I filled the gap with two speculative skins based on his personal markings when assigned to Jasta 28w.

off_Pfalz_DIIIa_ace_t_Jasta 64w_1918_August_Hanko

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 64w_1918_August_Hanko

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files H.jpgI.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 12:01 AM.
#4504373 - 01/21/20 12:03 AM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 64w_1918_Rudolf_Olfzechner –based Olfzechner’s Fokker DVII and Pfalz personal marking. This is pure speculation and has no historical backup but it is pretty likely, if he ever flew a DVa in combat, given his other aircraft with this personal marking.

off_Pfalz_DIIIa_ace_t_Jasta 64w_1918_Antoni_Wroniecki – loosely based on Wroniecki’s Albatros DVa, blacking out the 1917 national insignia and overpainting this with the Balkan Cross of 1918. This is pure speculation and has no historical backup. The serial number is, of course simply the one on the fuselage used for the conversion and has nothing to do with reality.

off_Pfalz_DIIIa_ace_t_Jasta 64w_1917_Otto-Schuschke - This is a well know aircraft and a surprising omission. It was shot down on 27 March 1918 by the 94th Aero Squadron. The serial number has been omitted on this skin.
You will notice some warpage in the black bands just behind the cockpit. It seems this is due to a flaw in the model and not correctable. Check out some of the WOFF skins with this type of marking near the cockpit and you’ll see the same thing. Below is an example of this warping on the WOFF skin pack Pfalz for Max Holtzen of Jasta 16. I didn’t feel it was serious enough to omit the skin. Certainly, you should delete it if it offends.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files J.jpgK.jpgL.jpgLA.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 12:06 AM.
#4504374 - 01/21/20 12:04 AM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Hi all,
'Jerbear' has created a 'Wurttemberg' Jagdstaffeln Skin Pack (Jasta 28w, 47w and 67w (46 skins total).
Aircraft covered are the Albatros D.III, D.V and D.Va, Fokker D.VII and D.VII (OAW) and Pfalz D.IIIa.
The download is available in the 'User Mods Pages' (User skins).

User Skins

The page is dated 20th January 2020. If you don't see that date, clear your internet cache or refresh the page.

Mike

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz (liquid cooled)
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro
#4504375 - 01/21/20 12:09 AM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 64w_1918_Eugen_Siempelkamp – based on Siempelkamp’s Fokker DVII while flying with Jasta 64w. I simply added his “Lot” personal marking to the wingman DVa.

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 64w_1918_Wilhelm_Frickart – this skin is based on the Pfalz DIIIa skin provided for this individual in the WOFF skins file. I jazzed up the wheels and propeller hub, there is no historical basis for this aircraft.

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 64w_1918_Hans_Kleinschrodt – This speculative skin is based on the personal marking this pilot used while flying a Fokker DVII with Jasta 23 near the end of the war. There is no historical evidence that he used this blue shooting star on all his aircraft.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files M.jpgN.jpgO.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 12:11 AM.
#4504377 - 01/21/20 12:13 AM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Now a few I included just for fun. They’re a little wild, but then so are Muller’s Jasta 28w Albatri.

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 64w 1918_Striped_Devil – Another reworking of Brendel’s Jasta 17 corkscrew striped fuselage. This time incorporating the same red and black striping used for the Staffel marking on the tail.

I made a 1917 and 1918 version of this one with horizontal stripes in the Jasta colors.

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 64w 1917_Striped_Wraith –

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 64w 1918_Striped_Wraith –

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files P.jpgQ.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 12:15 AM.
#4504378 - 01/21/20 12:18 AM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

This photo from OTF V31 #2 shows a lineup of Jasta 64w’s Fokker DVII OAWs. Several of these are featured in the WOFF skins, those of Hengst with his ace of hearts, Bader’s “Ali”, and Oltzenchner’s “Rudi.”
[Linked Image]

The flyers of the other aircraft are unknown at this time. I made a few of these for use as personal aircraft just for the heck of it.

Three aces don’t have aircraft skins, Paul Beschow, Karl Liebfried, Franz Trautmann. I assign one of these to them.

off_Fokker_DVII_OAW_ace_t_Jasta 64w 1918_Unassigned Chevron
off_Fokker_DVII_OAW_ace_t_Jasta 64w 1918_Ace of_Spades
off_Fokker_DVII_OAW_ace_t_Jasta 64w 1918_Unassigned_Circle The circle probably is not white or greyish but, not knowing what color it was I chose to make it so. The old photographs can be deceiving sometimes.
off_Fokker_DVII_OAW_ace_t_Jasta 64w 1918_Shooting_Star – This is my interpretation of the 9th Fokker in the photo. I like this different shooting star design with the halo and use it myself.
off_Fokker_DVII_OAW_Jasta 64w_Wurttemburger_Rauten-This Fokker is not in the photo. It’s another personal aircraft. This one has a Rauten band on the fuselage in the red and black Wurttemberg flag colors favored by this Jasta

[Linked Image]

Attached Files za.PNGR.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 12:22 AM.
#4504380 - 01/21/20 12:26 AM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Jasta 28w

off_Alb_DV_later_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1918_Paul_Wagner

Paul Wagner has a skin for his Albatros DIII OAW but nothing for the uprated DV he also flies. This skin follows the pattern of his DIII OAW with the exception of an added white propeller hub. Compare my Frankenstein to OVStachel’s expertly weathered and textured OAW from which I stole the lion.

off_Alb_DV_later_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1918_Erwin_Wenig
As with Wagner, Wenig had a DIII OAW Albatros but no DV to use when the Staffel changed aircraft. This one is, again based on his OAW. I gave the him a white cowling, wing struts and wheels for the DV.

Erwin Wenig and Wagner, an Augsburger, were both Bavarians, serving for a time in this Royal Wurttemberg Jagdstaffel. Wagner transferred to Jasta 76b in November 1917. Wenig would go on to a Prussian Staffel, #65 and later command Jasta 80b

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files S.jpgTA.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 09:37 PM.
#4504381 - 01/21/20 12:30 AM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

August Hanko had no personal skin for his Albatros DV. As I did for his Jasta 64w aircraft I based this skin on his DIII and DIII OAW WOFF skins.
off_Alb_DV_later_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1918_August_Hanko

[Linked Image]

Attached Files TB.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 09:40 PM.
#4504490 - 01/21/20 09:43 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

I made Albatros DIII skins for Emil Thuy and Alfred Welss because of a strange, I guess, glitch, in the assignment of aircraft in the game. The reason Thuy and Weiss need DIII is because Jasta 28w supposed to be flying DIIIOAWs in Sep and Oct 1917. If you look at the enlistment screen you will see that it indicates that highest rank pilots are flying the Albatros DIII OAW, middle rank the DV and lowest rank the plain old Albatros DIII. However, when you are in the campaign, the aces are flying the plain Albatros DIII in Sep 17, putting them at some disadvantage I would think.

Anyway, I made these two skins to cover that gap for Jasta 28w.

Off_Alb_DIII_ace_t_Jasta 28w 1917_Emil_Thuy
Off_Alb_DIII_ace_t_Jasta 28w 1917_Alfred_Welss

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files U.jpgV.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 10:44 PM.
#4504491 - 01/21/20 09:48 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Welss also needed skins for an Albatros DV uprated and his DVa 1917 and 1918 version. These are based on his DIII OAW skin. The 1917 DVa is only needed for a few weeks in Feb-Mar 1918, before the changeover to the Balkan cross but I wanted to have a continuum in his skins.
I had some problems getting the game to recognize his skin until I realized that his name was WELSS, not WEISS as my old eyes were reading it.

off_Alb_DV_later_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1917_Alfred_Welss
off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1917_Alfred_Welss
off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1918_Alfred_Welss

Waldemar Janshen was another ace who needed a DVa 1917 version for that short period in 1918 before the Balkan cross came into use. Again, this skin is based on his DIII OAW, which is shown below and his much plainer DV uprated.

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1917_Waldemar_Janshen

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files WA.jpgWB.jpgWC.jpgWD.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 09:53 PM.
#4504493 - 01/21/20 09:56 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

off_Fokker_DVII_ace_t_Jasta 28w 1918_Alfred_Welss

Welss was with the Staffel a long time and required both a Fokker DVII and DVII OAW. I used the same chevron marking again from his Albatros DIII OAW.

I read in the Windsock “Fokker DVII anthology 1” that sometimes the printed fabric used on the DVII was poorly printed. For some variety, I did this with Welss’ DVII, fading the upper surfaces of the wings and editing in unfaded crosses to simulate this bad poor-quality fabric.

I did a head to head screenshot edit with Thuy’s unaltered DVII to show the difference in the fabric color saturation. Not a huge alteration, but noticeable.

I gave Welss' OAW a black tail behind his chevron marking only because I was having problems covering over his national insignia which was where I wanted the chevron while retaining the printed camouflage fabric. Just laziness really.

off_Fokker_DVII_ace_t_Jasta 28w 1918__Karl-August von_Schonebeck

Schonebeck’s short stay in July 1918 not shown in “Jasta Pilots .” According to that book and “Above the Lines” he should be CO Jasta 33 but since the game has him here he will fly with us I gave him the lilac tail he favored in Jasta 11 and a band around the fuselage of the same color, which I edited it (stole) from Makai and or OvStachel’s Jasta 35 Fokker DVII OAW for Rudolf Stark.

As personal aircraft, just for fun, I made Fokker DVII and DVII OAW skins with a Rauten fuselage band of the red and black Wurttemberg flag colors used by Jasta 28w. I may be in error in using this pattern for a Wurttemberger but I have seen the diamond pattern used by, of course, Bavarians, since it is featured in their flag, but also on Prussian aircraft in black and white. The Franconians use a red and white Rauten banner occasionally and the city of Munich uses a yellow and white Rauten. I think it has some probability that it potentially could have been used by someone, maybe. Correction is welcomed if someone is more knowledgeable about this. Anyway, I think they look cool so I made them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files YA.jpgYB.jpgYAA.jpgYC.jpgZ.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 10:06 PM.
#4504497 - 01/21/20 10:09 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

These personal skins are more reworking of Brendel’s Jasta 17 corkscrew striped fuselage and one of the Albatros DV or DVa from the WOFF skin pack with vertical stripes, I can’t remember which one I used now. This time incorporating the same red and black striping used for the Staffel tail marking. Again, as I said about the Jasta 64w Striped Devil, they’re a little wild, but then so are Muller’s Albatri in this same Staffel.

off_Alb_DV_later_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1917_Killer_Wasp not shown, similar to DVa

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1918_Killer_Wasp

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1917_Killer_Wasp

off_Alb_DV_later_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1917_Striped_Devil not shown, similar to DVa

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1918_Striped_Devil

off_Alb_DVa_Ace_t_Jasta 28w 1917_Striped_Devil

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files X.jpgXA.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 01/21/20 10:11 PM.
#4504903 - 01/24/20 08:04 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

Thanks for doing these, jerbear.

#4504914 - 01/24/20 10:28 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: jerbear]  
BuckeyeBob Online content
BuckeyeBob  Online Content

Ohio, USA
Yes, thank you. Wonderful skins!

#4504924 - 01/24/20 11:55 PM Re: Wurttemberg Skin Pack [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Glad you are enjoying them, plenty more to come.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
The most popular games on Steam
by PanzerMeyer. 02/23/20 02:10 PM
Anyone use VoiceAtttack?
by bones. 02/21/20 01:50 PM
Fanatical Platinum Bundle
by Red2112. 02/21/20 12:21 PM
Raising the Kursk
by CyBerkut. 02/20/20 11:09 PM
Borderlands the movie?
by PanzerMeyer. 02/20/20 07:41 PM
Post script on our fires
by Mad Max. 02/19/20 09:43 PM
Our current approaching storm
by Ajay. 02/19/20 12:35 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.