Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4492658 - 10/12/19 07:21 PM I thought this could't happen  
JACKSPRAT Offline
JACKSPRAT  Offline

PHILA., PA I9154
This is a copy of a posting on the 352FG site.
None of the hardware is state -of- the art nor very old[

quote] Hello Guys,

I think that the period of bumbling and fumbling is now pretty much over. I have The HP Win 10 computer functioning and I am able to find my way around on it. I have a whole lot still to learn. I have another Video card to try out. I am making preparations for shifting EAW onto the Win 10 machine, I thought that I would check out all the installs of EAW that I have on my Dell machine so that I would have some standards and benchmarks to go by. I ended up finding that EAW v1.28a causes a system lock up when it is checked by my Avast Antivirus. I have been able to exclude that version from the avast check so that is not a problem. I had problems with the joystick that were cured by putting a standard INI file on all the installs. The first step that I made was to put a copy of my EAW v1.50 install onto the Win 10 system. I wanted to see what it would do when I tried to play it on the on-board video. I was very surprised when it ran fine. I will make a lot more tests before I install the new video card. Before I get very much deeper into things, I am going to sort out what I have put on the system so far and create a rational organization of related functions and processes.
I haven’t been doing much EAW flying for quite a while and there are a lot of things that I have to brush up on.

Believe it or not! I just transfered the EAW V1.2 from my dell to my HP and it ran Ok I tried OAW on it and got run time and other faults but the basic fact is that it did run at least this time

Back again! I transfered the run time files and ran them and put the correct path into the OAW selector. I picked out my JackSprat P51d and my 352FG main screen and had them placed into the root folder. It all seemed to work OK. The plane viewing feature didn't show the plane, just a black screen
[/quote]

Jacksprat...AKA....John J. McGarvey

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4498771 - 11/30/19 12:08 PM Re: I thought this could't happen [Re: JACKSPRAT]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
Jack. I amusing this thread to let you know that I can no longer connect to the 352nd site, even with the VPN running.

wink Jel

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.