#4645098 - 04/12/24 04:17 PM Re: Gaming Sales / Free Games [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by RedOneAlpha

I was up last night till four In the morning watching the series! The series Is a bit meh.. what can I say. But Isn´t the series based on Fallout 4, which Is also on sale?

I'm curious. What did you not like? Was it the overall story or maybe the characters aren't that interesting? I'll post my mini-review on Saturday after I've seen a couple of episodes.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4645099 - 04/12/24 04:20 PM Re: Gaming Sales / Free Games [Re: Master]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, most people seem to like it but as with anything some do not.

Just adding that FO76 is free to play for a week. This thread quickly turned over a new page so that might be missed.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4645100 - 04/12/24 05:23 PM Re: Gaming Sales / Free Games [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

I was up last night till four In the morning watching the series! The series Is a bit meh.. what can I say. But Isn´t the series based on Fallout 4, which Is also on sale?

I'm curious. What did you not like? Was it the overall story or maybe the characters aren't that interesting? I'll post my mini-review on Saturday after I've seen a couple of episodes.

I haven´t played the game so I can´t judge If the series Is representative of the game and how good It does on that. As a sci-fi series on It´s self, and as a adult viewer that I am, I found It a bit childish and overly violent. I even felt sad for the young viewers that would watch It. It reminded me a bit of some of the 80´s 90´s movies like Scanners, or Re-animator, they weren´t terribly bad for their time but not just quite for a mature audience In my opinion.

I just think that In 2024, there could be better sci-fi movies, but again this one Is based on a game, so It´s limited In what It wants to express. The story Is not bad, as a sci-fi story and hits some "could be" scenarios like the bomb, the vault and the cult but It´s presentation Is childish for a movie (representative of the game). I found the acting ok, In some cases a bit sterile or lifeless, but then so are some of the scenarios, so a bit sour at times. I found It light as a movie, with emphasis on dismemberment for Impact, typical of a class B movie. The protagonist does a nice job, not great but better than others, I like her.

I am at chapter 6 and It´s Is starting to get more Interesting now because things are starting to unfold which In turn makes It more serious as a story and overall movie. The actors now also seem to have more Impact on where and why of their doings/feelings. Will see how It goes tonight. Can´t say I am a movie guru so mind my opinion here.

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4645101 - 04/12/24 05:25 PM Re: Gaming Sales / Free Games [Re: Master]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for your input RedOneAlpha!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4645102 - 04/12/24 05:25 PM Re: Gaming Sales / Free Games [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK

I haven´t played the game so I can´t judge If the series Is representative of the game and how good It does on that. As a sci-fi series on It´s self, and as a adult viewer that I am, I found It a bit childish overly and violent. I even felt sad for the young viewers that would watch It. It reminded me a bit of some of the 80´s 90´s movies like Scanners, or Re-animator, they weren´t terribly bad for their time but not just quite for a mature audience In my opinion.

I just think that In 2024, there could be better sci-fi movies, but again this one Is based on a game, so It´s limited In what It wants to express. The story Is not bad, as a sci-fi story and hits some "could be" scenarios like the bomb, the vault and the cult but It´s presentation Is childish for a movie (representative of the game). I found the acting ok, In some cases a bit sterile or lifeless, but then so are some o the scenarios, so a bit sour at times. I found It light as a movie, with emphasis on dismemberment for Impact, typical of a class B movie.

I am at chapter 6 and It´s Is starting to get more Interesting now because things are starting to unfold which In turn makes It more serious as a story and overall movie. The actors now also seem to have more Impact on where and why of their doings/feelings. Can´t say I am a movie guru so mind my opinion here.

Thanks for this mini review. I've played 3 & 4 but I'm an amateur compared to others here. I wonder if people who play it will find it better or worse from the playing experience?

#4645104 - 04/12/24 05:35 PM Re: Gaming Sales / Free Games [Re: RossUK]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Originally Posted by RossUK

I haven´t played the game so I can´t judge If the series Is representative of the game and how good It does on that. As a sci-fi series on It´s self, and as a adult viewer that I am, I found It a bit childish overly and violent. I even felt sad for the young viewers that would watch It. It reminded me a bit of some of the 80´s 90´s movies like Scanners, or Re-animator, they weren´t terribly bad for their time but not just quite for a mature audience In my opinion.

I just think that In 2024, there could be better sci-fi movies, but again this one Is based on a game, so It´s limited In what It wants to express. The story Is not bad, as a sci-fi story and hits some "could be" scenarios like the bomb, the vault and the cult but It´s presentation Is childish for a movie (representative of the game). I found the acting ok, In some cases a bit sterile or lifeless, but then so are some o the scenarios, so a bit sour at times. I found It light as a movie, with emphasis on dismemberment for Impact, typical of a class B movie.

I am at chapter 6 and It´s Is starting to get more Interesting now because things are starting to unfold which In turn makes It more serious as a story and overall movie. The actors now also seem to have more Impact on where and why of their doings/feelings. Can´t say I am a movie guru so mind my opinion here.

Thanks for this mini review. I've played 3 & 4 but I'm an amateur compared to others here. I wonder if people who play it will find it better or worse from the playing experience?

Yeah, that´s the question... will I find It different after playing the game.

One thing Is for sure, They sure got the attention of those who haven´t played the game, because now I am curious as to how It will compare and will buy the game! Darn marketing!!! biggrin

Man I was having a good time playing Vargus, now I got side track AGAIN! I hate It LOL!

Cheers

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
Page 46 of 46 1 2 44 45 46

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.