homepage

The Mandalorian

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

The Mandalorian - 10/19/20 01:38 PM

I am VERY late to the party on this one but I finally recently started watching season 1 of "The Mandalorian" and last night I watched episode #5. Overall, I am surprisingly impressed with the series and the only weakness in my opinion is an unavoidable one. Ideally, a series about a guild of bounty hunters in a dangerous galaxy should have a graphic portrayal of violence that is compelling and on par with such a premise but of course this is a Disney series so we get a PG-13 level of violence which unfortunately tends to water down the stakes and the drama.

Having said that, Pedro Pascal was perfectly cast as Mando.It's amazing to me how much acting he can portray through the suit and helmet. He's great.
Posted By: Pooch

Re: The Mandalorian - 10/19/20 02:12 PM

In all fairness to Disney, though...the Star Wars franchise has always been PG. There were moments, of course, when they pushed it. When Luke Skywalker lost his arm in a lightsabre battle comes to mind. I wouldn't have expected them to do a really gritty, graphic portrayal of life as a bounty hunter. Would be cool, though.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: The Mandalorian - 10/19/20 02:15 PM

Slicing the tauntaun open was one of the coolest things I ever saw as a kid in a movie.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: The Mandalorian - 10/19/20 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Slicing the tauntaun open was one of the coolest things I ever saw as a kid in a movie.

The charred skeletons of Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen traumatized me a bit when I first saw "A New Hope" in the theater. I wasn't quite 5 yet so it's understandable. biggrin
© 2024 SimHQ Forums