homepage

Westworld season 3 latest trailer

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 02/21/20 11:59 AM

My immediate first impression from watching the trailer is that season 3 will be the final season of the series.

Season 3 starts March 15th for those who are interested.

Posted By: Ajay

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 02/23/20 08:15 PM

I watched three, possibly four eps originally but it seemed really slow and drawn out for no apparent reason, felt like it bogged down immediately. Maybe i was just in the wrong mind set. Has there been a big gap between seasons?
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 02/23/20 09:19 PM

15 months between season 1 and 2 and almost 21 months between Season 2 and the new Season 3 on March 15th.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 02/24/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ajay
I watched three, possibly four eps originally but it seemed really slow and drawn out for no apparent reason, felt like it bogged down immediately. Maybe i was just in the wrong mind set. Has there been a big gap between seasons?

You can skip most of season 2. Watch the first episode and the last, and you won't miss anything in between.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 02/24/20 03:57 AM

Regardless of whether the show is your taste or not, I think the major mistake made by the producers is having too much time between seasons. This is a 100% serialized series so you end up losing a lot of momentum AND viewers when you have 1.5 or 2 years between seasons. It's just too long of a pause in the story in my opinion.

Heck, this upcoming third season isn't even going to have 10 episodes but only 8.
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/13/20 01:04 PM

I might give it another shot once season 3 releases.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/13/20 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay
I might give it another shot once season 3 releases.

I assume you’ve seen all of season 1 and 2? I just ask because you will be very lost watching season 3 if you’ve not seen the entirety of the first 2 seasons. smile
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/15/20 08:17 PM

Season 3 premieres tonight. HBO is not going to do what some of the other network been doing with new series lately and release the entire season in the same day. We have to wait week after week for a new episode. It will be May 3rd before the 8th and final episode airs.
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/15/20 09:58 PM

yeah, that is standard HBO - weekly new episodes.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/15/20 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Season 3 premieres tonight. HBO is not going to do what some of the other network been doing with new series lately and release the entire season in the same day. We have to wait week after week for a new episode. It will be May 3rd before the 8th and final episode airs.

Your poor soul you. How will you ever manage to cope? You may need to get some therapy to get you through such rough times.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/16/20 10:50 AM

Some of my observations from last night's Westworld season 3 premiere:

1. Evan Rachel Wood had about as many costume changes as Natalie Portman did in Phantom Menace.

2. Is the "Los Angeles" we see the real world or is it just another Delos theme park "Futureworld"?

3. Is Caleb human or a host?

There's no doubt that this season will have a very different "vibe" to it compared to the previous two seasons. That's not necessarily a good or bad thing. As always, it will all depend on the writing.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/23/20 04:09 AM

Who’s seen the first two episodes of the current Westworld season? All I can say right now is that I find it interesting and will watch the remaining 6 episodes but this almost feels like an entirely different show. The paradigm has shifted again considerably.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/30/20 10:41 AM

Am I the only one here currently watching season 3? LOL
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/30/20 10:45 AM

It's on my watch list,I just have to finish 'Doom Patrol' and 'Hunters' and I'm there.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/30/20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky
It's on my watch list,I just have to finish 'Doom Patrol' and 'Hunters' and I'm there.

I would recommend watching a recap of season 2 before you start season 3 because there are lots of changes and some things could get a bit confusing. wink
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 03/31/20 07:21 PM

I'm watching it, right now I'm wondering who is inside Charlotte Hale https://collider.com/westworld-who-is-charlotte-hale-host/#ford

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/01/20 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
I'm watching it, right now I'm wondering who is inside Charlotte Hale https://collider.com/westworld-who-is-charlotte-hale-host/#ford

I think it's Teddy. That top down shot of Delores spooning with "Charlotte" in bed gave it away in my opinion.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/06/20 04:01 AM

I won’t give any spoilers of course but after watching half of season 3 I am convinced that this is set up as a series finale. I’m not a professional script writer of course but the way the mythology is going I simply cannot fathom any new direction for the show to go after this season is over. Everything is slowly coming to a head and it will have global repercussions. Having said that, I’m really enjoying season 3 even with it being very different from season 1.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/06/20 07:29 PM

Well we know who Charlotte really is which I had thought of and dismissed as too weird, apparently not..

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/13/20 03:59 AM

Ok, it’s official now after seeing episode #5. Westworld season 3 is the most radical reinvention of a series from its previous seasons I’ve ever seen to date.
Posted By: WhiteStar

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/13/20 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I won’t give any spoilers of course but after watching half of season 3 I am convinced that this is set up as a series finale. I’m not a professional script writer of course but the way the mythology is going I simply cannot fathom any new direction for the show to go after this season is over. Everything is slowly coming to a head and it will have global repercussions. Having said that, I’m really enjoying season 3 even with it being very different from season 1.

In a way, season 3 had to be different because we already had another .. ShogunWorld (and another, The Raj) park on season 2.. they just couldn't (although they kind of did) come back after 2 years and be like: "here you go, yet another park.. 2 more to go!". wink

With Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy already snatched by Amazon, who knows if we'll get another season. More importantly, who would take over after they are gone?

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/13/20 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteStar
More importantly, who would take over after they are gone?

If they are gone from the series, I would rather prefer for the series to end than to continue without them. They are unique and irreplaceable for Westworld in my opinion.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/13/20 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
If they are gone from the series, I would rather prefer for the series to end than to continue without them. They are unique and irreplaceable for Westworld in my opinion.

Agreed.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/13/20 03:55 PM

Changing the showrunners is the best thing for this series. Season 2 was a cluster cluck.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/13/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Changing the showrunners is the best thing for this series. Season 2 was a cluster cluck.

The viewership did indeed drop significantly during season 2 so I really can't dispute your statement but I think by now it's a moot point since I'm pretty convinced season 3 will be it. Joy and Nolan have already signed a big deal with Amazon so they'll be busy making new content for them anyway.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/13/20 04:55 PM

Yeah they went too clever too fast in Season 1 and the problem with that is you run the risk of blowing your plot potential up by doing so. They needed to spend season 2 integrating the theme park technology into the real world and build some strong human characters into the series. I haven't watched any of season 3 yet, but I suspect this is what they are sort of doing now. There's only so far you can go with that, though, before you enter "War of the Worlds" or "V" tv series zone.

I'm not sure there's much to Westworld once the cleverness is gone. I mean, it /was/ a Michael Crichton work. He was a master of thrillers, but a thriller has a well defined beginning/middle/end formula.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/13/20 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I haven't watched any of season 3 yet, but I suspect this is what they are sort of doing now. There's only so far you can go with that, though, before you enter "War of the Worlds" or "V" tv series zone.

Without providing any spoilers I can say that unless there is some huge plot twist within the next three episodes, everything in season 3 has been building up to a final confrontation between the oppressors and the oppressed that will have far reaching global implications. That will most certainly provide the "end" for the thriller formula you speak of. smile
Posted By: mikew

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/19/20 10:21 AM

I like my TV series to be episodic and without requiring me to think too much, but I'm really enjoying Westworld.
This usually means that after each episode, I find a synopsis online to confirm my understanding of what I just saw.

The production values and general artistry are top notch though.
There was one episode in the second series which was centred around the Ghost Nation, so most of the dialogue was in Navajo (or whatever).
It was about halfway through when I realised that with HBO, I have to manually turn on the subtitles. smile
The acting/production was so good that subtitles weren't really needed though.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/20/20 04:06 AM

And here I thought the Hound from Game of Thrones was the most tormented tv character I’ve ever seen and then I saw Westworld tonight.... William “The Man in Black” now holds that distinction!

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/22/20 11:40 PM

Season 4 is a go.

https://twitter.com/WestworldHBO/status/1252998097577209857

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/23/20 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteStar

I read about that yesterday on Variety. This comes as a VERY pleasant surprise and I’m glad I’m eating crow due to my previous prediction that this show would be axed.

Having said that, I really have NO clue what direction the show will take in season 4 when you consider the massive changes that we’ve already seen in season 3.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/23/20 05:40 PM

Isn't that what makes an intresting show - one that manages to throw you a curveball?

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/23/20 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog
Isn't that what makes an intresting show - one that manages to throw you a curveball?

Oh yes, absolutely. And whether someone likes or doesn't like WW, one thing no one can say is that the show is predictable.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/27/20 04:13 AM

Westworld was simply and utterly mind blowing tonight. This is the most radical reinvention of a series I’ve ever seen.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/27/20 04:40 PM

Yup!

Amazing show. New twists and turns!

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 04/27/20 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog
Yup!

Amazing show. New twists and turns!

I have no clue what we will see in season 4 but I really hope the writers find a way to bring Caleb back. Aaron Paul is just too good to let go.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 05/04/20 04:30 AM

I will need to watch the season 3 finale at least 2 more times so my brain can fully process what I just saw tonight.

Holy crap this was mind blowing and now I can kind of see where this show will go in season 4.

Re: Westworld season 3 latest trailer - 07/10/20 12:36 PM

Interview here with Evan Rachel Wood. Do not read if you haven't finished season 3.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/we...acter-future-1234702327/#comment-6292958
© 2024 SimHQ Forums