homepage

The Boys

Posted By: Khai

The Boys - 07/22/19 06:11 PM

who do you call to keep superheroes in line?

oh be good be good be good... well with Urban in it...
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: The Boys - 07/22/19 06:35 PM

Ok, now I got a Thin Lizzie song on my mind...

But looking forward to watching this biggrin

Re: The Boys - 07/31/19 03:45 PM

Halfway through the season and enjoying the heck out of it. Nice to see it's been picked up for reason 2 already.

BE warned, this is not a show for the faith of heart. It is gory, violence, absolutely not political correct.
But it is also awesome fun biggrin
Posted By: axman

Re: The Boys - 07/31/19 05:13 PM

Just finished it last night. Looking forward to the second season, this was good stuff.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: The Boys - 07/31/19 05:21 PM

I've not seen it but I'm sure Karl Urban rocks in it. He always rocks.

Re: The Boys - 07/31/19 06:13 PM

he does indeed rock in it smile
Posted By: Chucky

Re: The Boys - 07/31/19 08:57 PM

Just grabbed season 1 on the recommendation of my brother. Looks like my sort of thing.

*Update*

2 episodes in and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Posted By: DM

Re: The Boys - 08/21/19 08:16 AM

Saw Ep1 last night, I enjoyed it & will continue. It's what Watchmen should have been.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: The Boys - 08/21/19 03:27 PM

I expected this to be good, but it was far better than expected. Some nicely complex characters to make you see that most people are both good and evil. Well, except that one guy, he's pretty clear cut. LOL
Season 2 will be interesting! It was renewed before it even released.
Posted By: 453Raafspitty

Re: The Boys - 08/21/19 09:58 PM

Oh why cant it be on Netflix frown

Re: The Boys - 08/22/19 12:52 AM

Prime is cheap for a month sub. Watch The Expanse while you’ve got it.
Posted By: Pooch

Re: The Boys - 08/22/19 01:20 AM

This show is outstanding! I watched the season finale last night. I really enjoy a show that does not do what you expect it to do. When you think, "I know what's gonna happen..." It doesn't! Looking forward to season 2.

Re: The Boys - 08/22/19 09:32 AM

I'd have to agree. I've finished the first season and it was really good.

I was a bit shocked that there will be no more 'Adventures in Babysitting'. wink

Re: The Boys - 08/23/19 03:43 PM

Boy, that was some dark stuff, right there!

Re: The Boys - 08/23/19 04:13 PM

Dude made a serious point about not being vulnerable on any level. Sick, but I kind of liked that.

Re: The Boys - 08/25/19 10:42 PM

Finished the series. I didn't really dig the cliffhanger, seemed very contrived, but everything else was spot on smile
Posted By: Falstar

Re: The Boys - 11/01/19 06:26 PM

All I can say is "That poor perverted dolphin". LOL it is so bad to laugh but what the hell.
Posted By: Patrocles

Re: The Boys - 12/29/19 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog
Halfway through the season and enjoying the heck out of it. Nice to see it's been picked up for reason 2 already.

BE warned, this is not a show for the faith of heart. It is gory, violence, absolutely not political correct.
But it is also awesome fun biggrin

I need to see this show and The Watchmen. Yes, everything I have been reading in non-spoiler reviews abut The Boys says it is a violent, dark, black comedy and more comments in this vein.
My friend persuaded me to only watch the hijacked jetliner scene with the "superman" and "wonder woman" superheroes to the rescue. Oh my word, i could not believe how that played out! After seeing that clip and the trailer I am now avoiding all spoilers and clips until I can watch Season 1.

Re: The Boys - 12/29/19 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patrocles
I need to see this show and The Watchmen. Yes, everything I have been reading in non-spoiler reviews abut The Boys says it is a violent, dark, black comedy and more comments in this vein.
My friend persuaded me to only watch the hijacked jetliner scene with the "superman" and "wonder woman" superheroes to the rescue. Oh my word, i could not believe how that played out! After seeing that clip and the trailer I am now avoiding all spoilers and clips until I can watch Season 1.

RE Watchemn, not really any spoiler as such in this section below, unless you regard the very mention of a character to be a spoiler.

I really enjoyed Watchmen for the first 7 episodes, but they really got Dr Manhattan wrong for those last 2. Still somewhat of an enjoyable series, but yeah the Dr Manhattan stuff is just nonsensical. YMMV obviously.

But yeah The Boys is a terrific series, I generally hate superhero movies but occasionally something good pops out. It has a terrific first episode. I knew it was going to be good when
Butcher is fighting the invisible guy, getting his ass whupped, until he spits blood onto him allowing him to see where he is biggrin

Re: The Boys - 12/29/19 03:03 PM

And how they killed Translucent ... OUCH!
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: The Boys - 04/06/20 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog
And how they killed Translucent ... OUCH!

Yeah I saw that coming and said oh they wouldn't ..oh yes they did

Re: The Boys - 07/24/20 09:55 AM

So The Boys are back on screen on september 4th, and has been renewed for a season 3 already biggrin

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-boys-season-2-comic-con-at-home-amazon-panel

Re: The Boys - 07/26/20 04:30 PM

I'm looking forward to this, the first season was excellent.

Re: The Boys - 07/26/20 04:35 PM

The first two teasers I have seen indicates it'll continue in the same strong fashion as season 1 biggrin
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: The Boys - 07/26/20 05:55 PM

Is this show just superhero crap or is there any science fiction?

Re: The Boys - 07/26/20 08:08 PM

It's a dark and gory anti-superhero series. No scifi (unless you count meta-humans as scifi).
Posted By: axman

Re: The Boys - 07/27/20 04:49 PM

And if anyone's interested, Umbrella Academy returns 7/31.

Re: The Boys - 07/27/20 11:05 PM

Another great one! We just rewatched season 1 and it seemed even better the 2nd time around.
Lucifer next month on the 21st, plus it's renewed for a 6th season after this one now.
Posted By: Falstar

Re: The Boys - 07/31/20 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Is this show just superhero crap or is there any science fiction?

I think of it as dark anti-hero comidy.

The Dolpine scean gets as dark as it can. I feel guilty for laughing out loud, but laugh when just thinking about it.

Re: The Boys - 09/04/20 07:51 PM

Season 2 came out today.

Watched the first episodes, starts as strong as it ended.
biggrin

Re: The Boys - 09/04/20 08:03 PM

Yup,I'm about to start ep1 smile
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: The Boys - 09/09/20 10:02 AM

If I hadn't seen this thread I would not have bothered with this... watched all season 1, now into season 2.
I'm not into the super hero, Marvel type films, never floated my boat... but this?... awesome!
Posted By: Nixer

Re: The Boys - 09/09/20 10:59 PM

I wasn't that thrilled with much of Season one, but I am really liking what I have seen so far in Season 2.

Re: The Boys - 09/20/20 01:13 AM

and it just get's better...

"Cmon, don't be a pussy, laser my #%&*$# tits!"

Pretty good line. exitstageleft
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: The Boys - 09/20/20 02:17 AM

This show jumped the shark when they introduced the "supe terrorist."

The Christian bashing was ridiculous. The sad part was they used all the stereotypical tropes and didn't even try. Pathetic writers. Most of these Christian hating writers and showrunners haven't the slightest clue about true Christianity.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: The Boys - 09/20/20 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
This show jumped the shark when they introduced the "supe terrorist."

The Christian bashing was ridiculous. The sad part was they used all the stereotypical tropes and didn't even try. Pathetic writers. Most of these Christian hating writers and showrunners haven't the slightest clue about true Christianity.

And they don't dare go after muslims, even though fundamentalist muslims make fundamentalist Christians look like party animals in comparison.

I'm just about decided that nothing new from hollyweird is worthwhile, just spend my remaining years rewatching the classics. And the occasional bright spot like "Infidel"

Re: The Boys - 09/22/20 10:52 PM

Yeah F4U, I really know what you are talking about.

All of a sudden the "we love lesbians" thing is creeping in...gays, trannies and who's know what is next.

So far still a giggle...when the gender bender crap takes over I'll ding it good in the reviews and move on.

I just want to see Homelander trounced.

Re: The Boys - 09/23/20 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nixer

I just want to see Homelander trounced.

That would be just fine with me smile Stormfront seems slightly immune to his powers by the looks of it. I love the Stormfront character, although she seems to be as bad as him.

Re: The Boys - 10/09/20 06:15 PM

Pretty radical ending this week...
Posted By: wormfood

Re: The Boys - 10/09/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nixer
Pretty radical ending this week...

That's an understatement. A few fun twists at the end and looks like potential setup for another season.

Re: The Boys - 10/10/20 03:32 AM

[spoiler][/spoiler]There was a little blooper in the last episode, if I'm not mistaken. Homelander tells Butcher, "Why are you protecting the little #%&*$#? He just killed your wife!" But Homelander wasn't there to see that. How did he know?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums