homepage

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade?

Posted By: kestrel79

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade? - 09/24/11 05:07 PM

Just finished reading another Rogue Squadron book and it has me excited to play this old game again. Does anyone have the Upgrade installed? Can this game run in Windows 7 on a widescreen monitor? Is XWAU easy to install or is there a "dance" to it? Can you play it online?

Or Lucasarts can release an updated Tie Fighter and make our lives much easier smile
Posted By: Brennus

Re: X-Wing Alliance Upgrade? - 09/24/11 05:44 PM

> > > How do I instally XWA on Win7 64? < < <
Posted By: Avimimus

Re: X-Wing Alliance Upgrade? - 09/25/11 04:32 PM

I recommend XWvT... (for multiplayer, and for oldscoolness)

XWAUP is interesting (and an improvment on XWA), there is also the Darksaber patch and you can tweak the game using a GUI editor (and edit the text files to make capital ships 'playable'). IMHO, XWA multiplayer is limited to dogfights, but there were some quite good single player campaigns (I recall one where you're a pirate).
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: X-Wing Alliance Upgrade? - 09/25/11 05:40 PM

The upgrade process is pretty easy as long as you have a fresh install and isn't too hard though there are several components to download. Once added though, the difference is significant. Yes, it works great in widescreen and you can even monkey around with mouse emulation to get track IR to work in it. It is totally worth the time. Adding in the original X-Wing to it or Tie Fighter CD to it is well worth it also if you want to play through them.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums