homepage

The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild?

Posted By: UnderTheRadar

The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/14/10 11:09 PM

I am getting stoked for this game.

You guys interested in starting a simhq based guild?
Posted By: Moses

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/15/10 01:37 AM

Ill be playing it, i just hope its makes me wanna play like Eve does,
Posted By: Colt40Five

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/15/10 02:10 PM

Yeah I'll be giving it a go as well. No sense in getting ahead of ourselves on guilding up though. Not until we see if it's worth playing! wink
Posted By: Destructis

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/17/10 12:57 PM

I am definitely interested in this too. I don't want to get overly excited about the game yet either. I have done that too many times before and been disappointed.

I did notice that the title of the thread includes the words "PvP guild". Are they going to have PvP and non PvP servers? I think I would much rather go PvP as long as the developers fight hacks and ban people caught using them. I don't mind dying at all, as long as it is in a fair playing field.
Posted By: DarkOne

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/17/10 06:34 PM

I don't think PvP/NonPvP servers have been decided upon yet. As far as what I have seen out of E3 it looks like SWTOR will be instanced PvP anyway so you wouldn't really need a separate server.
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/18/10 12:11 AM

With how this game is story driven so much...it seems more like a single player game with great story that you pay a monthly fee for online.

I want to see how you can interact with other real people more before I fork over lots of cash to play this game each month.

I LOVED kotor and hope this game is great but I need to see more of it before I really get into it. I really hope there is some space combat and flying around from planet to planet. I miss TIE Fighter frown

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/19/10 04:47 AM

Posted By: shan2

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/19/10 02:19 PM

Jedi? I could care less about Jedis...

Wait...did you say player ships!? MUST HAVE!!!

I prefer the Sith ship. biggrin
Posted By: PFunk

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/19/10 02:59 PM

I'll be in there. Let's give it a check ride and we'll see.

pfunk

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/22/10 12:21 AM

Wow thanks for posting that! That got my hopes up!

I hope there are some fighters too.

This game looks like it could own my life for a long, long time...

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/22/10 02:17 PM

I am doubtful about fighters. I'm betting the ships will be like in KOTOR. A home base that takes the player from place to place.

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/23/10 05:08 AM

Well maybe down the road if the game is successful they can add on something...OR I'd really like a remake of tie fighter, x wing, or Rogue Squadron....those great factor 5 Gamecube Rogue Squadron games came out about 5 years too early to have epic online dogfights in starwars spacecraft!

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/24/10 01:12 PM

Galaxies did not have fighter combat with its initial release. However, pvp in space was retarded in that game. It was all about, like all mmos, who had time to farm parts.

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/24/10 01:57 PM

I think all mmo pvp is doomed to suck until they realize you need an even playing field. Like when you enter the pvp battleground everyone gets equal gear that only exists in the PvP space. Any of the old models that are tied to participation in non-pvp aspects of the game(and usually how much time you have to spend on them) to gear for pvp are going to continue to be for the hardcore players only. Well skewed towards them winning anyway...

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 06/24/10 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Colt40Five
I think all mmo pvp is doomed to suck until they realize you need an even playing field. Like when you enter the pvp battleground everyone gets equal gear that only exists in the PvP space. Any of the old models that are tied to participation in non-pvp aspects of the game(and usually how much time you have to spend on them) to gear for pvp are going to continue to be for the hardcore players only. Well skewed towards them winning anyway...

That is one of the reasons I prefer Conan. I love how you have to watch the enemies shield indicator and execute your attacks accordingly. You have to be an active participant in the fight, not just fire of a macro... bleh.

Re: The Old Republic Simhq SPACE COMBAT - 07/23/10 11:17 PM

Quote:
If you’ve been following the news coming out of the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ panel at Comic-Con International, you’ve heard the announcement that we will indeed have Space Combat as part of the TOR experience! But what does that mean? Space combat is an alternative gameplay experience to the primary game of storytelling, questing, and ground-based combat. In space combat, you fly your personal ship to various “hot spots” on your galaxy map. From there, you will blast your way through asteroid fields, enemy fighters, frigates, destroyers, and a variety of other obstacles that will evoke memories of some of the great Star Wars™ space battles.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173964

Space combat has been confirmed for SWTOR!
Posted By: Mace71

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 07/23/10 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: shan2
I prefer the Sith ship. biggrin

I didn't see the third, forth and fifth ships smile

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 07/24/10 01:45 AM

Gonna get caught up with all of the developments regarding the game... http://moseisleyradio.com/
Posted By: Airjawa

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 07/24/10 04:17 AM

Holy. Crap. I haven't been paying any attention to this game because I got burned so badly by SWG. I'm now very interested in this one, so count me in!

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 07/24/10 05:38 AM

Space Combat? I'm sold.

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 07/24/10 05:02 PM

Now the guessing game on how it will be implemented. I am imagining everything from an updated TIE/X-wing to the kotor mini-games and everything in between. My only space mmo experience is Earth and Beyond where all you had was ship gameplay. The only time you got out of your ship was to go into space ports for commerce.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: The Old Republic Simhq PvP guild? - 07/25/10 06:37 PM

I will be playing, no doubt.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums