homepage

Sooo... Elite IV...

Posted By: Anonymous

Sooo... Elite IV... - 06/17/09 03:37 PM

Source: http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=63479

Quote:
At a UK lecture of industry veterans Frontier Developments founder David Braben revealed that his studio, known for the Thrillville and RollerCoaster Tycoon games, is currently not only working on The Outsider, but also confirmed the much rumored Elite IV will be making its way to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. For people who do not know, David Braben is co creator of the much acclaimed space trading/strategy titles Elite (1985) and Frontier (1995).

Better than hearing it's been canned I guess.
Posted By: Lancelot

Re: Sooo... Elite IV... - 06/17/09 10:19 PM

If they ever do it, several years will pass until we get it. And let's hope without the many bugs ther Frontier had.
Posted By: Immermann

Re: Sooo... Elite IV... - 06/17/09 10:21 PM

I could actually see myself forking out for a PS3 Elite edition, if it had the Elite logo on it. help
And if it's any good of course...
Posted By: DarkOne

Re: Sooo... Elite IV... - 06/19/09 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Immermann
I could actually see myself forking out for a PS3 Elite edition, if it had the Elite logo on it. help
And if it's any good of course...

I would like to see it on the PS3 as well. Elite 4 when completed will probably have to compete with Infinity. Infinity has a large community which of most are Elite fans. Infinity reminds me so much of Elite its just the scale and graphics are just eye popping, if they ever get that one done too smile
Posted By: Moses

Re: Sooo... Elite IV... - 06/19/09 05:23 PM

I cant wait for this i used to play the old elite games man were they fun.

DO whats the infinity one your talking about?

Re: Sooo... Elite IV... - 06/19/09 07:42 PM

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinit...2&Itemid=33
Posted By: Lancelot

Re: Sooo... Elite IV... - 06/21/09 02:01 PM

Didn't know about Infinity, but it seems it's pay to play, something that will keep me out of play it.
I wonder what's the diference with EVE online, and still i couldn't tell if its already out or not.

Re: Sooo... Elite IV... - 06/22/09 10:11 AM

Infininty is still in development and like Elite 4 will be twitch based not point and click like eve.
Posted By: DarkOne

Re: Sooo... Elite IV... - 06/25/09 02:17 PM

A payment model hasn't been decided on and the developer (and yes it is one guy creating this) wants to make it as cheap as possible for people. The developer will probably make a killing on the I-Novae engine he has developed. This will be the first game I would gladly pay for if it has just 50% of the content that is discussed in the forums.
Posted By: guppy

Re: Sooo... Elite IV... - 07/04/09 02:14 PM

Yes, I need something deeper than just sports titles for my PS3 too. Are there any deep strat games for PS3 or are they all shallow? Can't even get Chess for PS3.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums