homepage

Aircraft customisation.

Posted By: Lixma

Aircraft customisation. - 03/31/11 11:41 PM

I don't understand whether this feature is broken, i'm not using it correctly, or something else.

I go through the whole process of customizing a MkIIa Spitfire (complete with dirty word serial number), I then create and save a loadout with the most psychedelic tracer combination possible and then I hit OK.

I then pick a Spit IIa for a quick mission, select custom from the drop-down menu and hit fly. But when I enter the game there's no sign of my aircraft, loadout, dirty word....nothing.

Anyone had any success with this yet? Is it just a multiplayer thing?
Posted By: No601_Swallow

Re: Aircraft customisation. - 03/31/11 11:44 PM

Yeah, I was wondering about that.

Perhaps it's just for your online mount?

Edit: Or for when those campaigns become playable?
Posted By: sascha

Re: Aircraft customisation. - 03/31/11 11:49 PM

I also didn't get that thing to work. As I've posted in another thread: What's bothering me about this isn't the paint-schemes but rather the convergence. There's no other place to set it up and the game seems to ignore the changes I make in the plane-loadout-screens, plus I can't load my custom loadouts in a quick mission ... confused

S.
Posted By: Lixma

Re: Aircraft customisation. - 04/01/11 12:06 AM

OK, I just tried the internet game Swallow mentioned. My Spitfire had the right tracers so something is working. Just not sure of the extent.
Posted By: Sim

Re: Aircraft customisation. - 04/01/11 12:09 AM

Yeah, would love that option. I'm getting tired of flying Italian 109.
Posted By: sascha

Re: Aircraft customisation. - 04/01/11 12:12 AM

Why couldn't they just include that excellent quick-mission-setup-screen from Il-2 instead of those silly "quick missions" where you can only set up two or three parameters?

*sigh*

S.
Posted By: -Avatar-

Re: Aircraft customisation. - 04/01/11 12:18 AM

I'm so glad to hear it's not just me and my think head!!! I thought I was the only kid on the block who couldn't figure out how to get this to work... What's up with that, huh? smile
Posted By: IvanK

Re: Aircraft customisation. - 04/01/11 01:53 AM

Agreed I think this option is bugged at present.
Posted By: xnomad

Re: Aircraft customisation. - 04/01/11 02:20 AM

Yes the menu is terrible, very counter-intuitive, especially considering the QMB we had in IL2.
Using it gets me irate, so I just have to hit fly and take it out on the opposition, I feel much better after that biggrin
© 2024 SimHQ Forums