Here it is:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13976

RedToo.
Posted By: nuggetx

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/19/10 05:51 PM

images pls
Posted By: RedToo

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/19/10 06:30 PM

Don't want to start trouble but I have to ask: what's the problem with registering at the 1C site so you can log on and see them there? That's how I do it. To post the pics here I would have to download them to my computer and then upload them to my Photobucket account, possibly resizing them properly with Photoshop along the way (as I did with last week's pics). Surely it doesn't take that long/ isn't overly onerous to register at 1C?

RedToo.
Posted By: Craterman

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/19/10 07:15 PM

Unfortunately, they sure aren't worth all that. I've been seeing some from pretty awesome plane models for SoW for quite a long time but the terrain or placeholder for it is terrible. The clouds don't look good either. Maybe it's a way to suppress expectations, if so it is definitely working.
Posted By: HeinKill

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/19/10 07:37 PM

Images here, no log on or registration needed.

Battle of Britain Game Hub: Storm of War News http://www.freewebs.com/heinkill/

Enjoy

H
Posted By: Hackl

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/20/10 01:19 AM

images pls

======================================================================================================

If you guys want to really keep up register on that site then you'll be able to know what's really going on.
Posted By: Genbrien

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/20/10 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Craterman
Unfortunately, they sure aren't worth all that. I've been seeing some from pretty awesome plane models for SoW for quite a long time but the terrain or placeholder for it is terrible. The clouds don't look good either. Maybe it's a way to suppress expectations, if so it is definitely working.

shots are WIP and in DX9..... wait to see final and DX10/11 wink
Posted By: nuggetx

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/20/10 11:09 AM

sorry but dx 10/11 is no excuse to NOT show us high quality dx9 , dx9 is still capable of producing amazing effects

metro 2033
Posted By: csThor

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/20/10 11:20 AM

So? Maddox Games doesn't even have the full engine together. They work in a way that can only be described as idiosynchratic and most "western" software developers would run screaming. The way I see it we won't see anything evenclose to full bells and whistles until shortly before release.
Posted By: Ming_EAF19

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/20/10 01:38 PM

Thanks RedToo and Heinkill, nice shots, love the plotter shot and the ploughed field in the background. That's the correct Massey-Ferguson drill

Ming
Posted By: NineLives

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/20/10 08:24 PM

It's actually very easy to post the pics here. You just take the link and add .jpg on the end !!

Posted By: Hackl

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/20/10 09:03 PM

============================================================================================

Read the Check6 Interview again and read what Gregory saw.

http://www.checksix-fr.com/articles/Articles_html/inter_Oleg_Foxy/interview_oleg_foxy_EN.html
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/21/10 02:11 PM

Well, when Oleg states we are seeing actual gameshots of the finished article we can get a little worried about what we are seeing.. for the moment the aircraft detail, and the crew detail, even at distance is pretty damn good.. the last couple of updates showing even the detail of the shadowing on the Ju-88 is far better than anything in IL2.. for the rest, as the man says 'everything is WiP' and thats good enough for me.
Posted By: Li'lJugs

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/21/10 10:23 PM

WHY IS THIS PAGE SO LARGE??? No screenies, but must scroll side to side? Have I lost my mind??
Posted By: Craterman

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/21/10 11:13 PM

Maybe Gregory was just delighted to be there. Did he see something we didn't?
You can go to the 1c forums and see many people thrilled with the updates. I just haven't seen anything resembling "cinematic" yet. Nothing even close.
Posted By: Chivas

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/22/10 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Craterman
Maybe Gregory was just delighted to be there. Did he see something we didn't?
You can go to the 1c forums and see many people thrilled with the updates. I just haven't seen anything resembling "cinematic" yet. Nothing even close.

Gregory himself said that he could not comment on features that are being held back from public viewing until closer to release.

edit...I also haven't seen much in the terrain that has been cinematic either, other than a couple of low level spit screenshots where all you can see is some tree tops. That's not to say that the WIP shots won't eventually become cinematic. I'm still guardedly optimistic. I'm not going to go negative if warranted, until I see the final product.
Posted By: BertieWooster

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/22/10 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Li'lJugs
WHY IS THIS PAGE SO LARGE??? No screenies, but must scroll side to side? Have I lost my mind??

Two posts above yours, Hackl denoted a quote by using a long unbroken line of equals signs that browsers can't automatically line wrap. If only there were a quote feature that could be used instead ...
Posted By: Protos

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/22/10 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: csThor
They work in a way that can only be described as idiosynchratic and most "western" software developers would run screaming.

What an understatement. Its a clusterf**k.
For Oleg this is just a revenue stream.
He is fully into photography now.

As others have said, we will have to judge final product .... but graphics are going to blow and be outdated before they even go gold. There has been absolutely no talk about gameplay issues like Scale, dots, gui, server browsers, multiplayer features ect ....

Graphics are a worry, but there is plenty of other things to be concerned about.
Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/22/10 02:33 PM

to be honest...it doesnt look good for when ever it comes out...but no way can i see a release this year.

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/22/10 04:53 PM

All the Wstern developers have run screaming, as they can't compete with the Eastern developers. Our genre would be dead without their involvment. I suppose the CFS series would still be alive, but the CFS series was going steadily down hill in quality.
Posted By: Dart

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/22/10 08:06 PM

I vote Protos for the Mr. Sunshine award!

Yes, it's a revenue stream - but until it gets published, it's a negative one.

It'll be done when its done.
Posted By: HeinKill

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/22/10 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Dart

Yes, it's a revenue stream - but until it gets published, it's a negative one.

It'll be done when its done.

+1

And with IL2 sitting on discount shelves and die hard IL2 players busily using their time on free mods instead of the latest paid add ons, that bank balance must getting be pretty tight... I bought WoP partly in expectation some royalties are going from Gaijin to Maddox, hope that's the case!

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/23/10 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
to be honest...it doesnt look good for when ever it comes out...but no way can i see a release this year.

The 'wireless' says its do or die ..... we shall see.
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/23/10 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: 13th_Hsqn_Protos
Originally Posted By: csThor
They work in a way that can only be described as idiosynchratic and most "western" software developers would run screaming.

What an understatement. Its a clusterf**k.
For Oleg this is just a revenue stream.
He is fully into photography now.

As others have said, we will have to judge final product .... but graphics are going to blow and be outdated before they even go gold. There has been absolutely no talk about gameplay issues like Scale, dots, gui, server browsers, multiplayer features ect ....

Graphics are a worry, but there is plenty of other things to be concerned about.

Isn't it enough for you to spout your idiocy at the 1C forums? - Even seen as the spam they are, your postings are really of abysmal quality.
Posted By: tagTaken2

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/24/10 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Dart

I've got another award in mind.

Don't most virtual squadrons have a code of conduct for posting under their tags?

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/24/10 03:16 AM

@Freycinet

10,000 posts ...... you must really be lonely & need a life....
Look in the mirror and reflect on how pathetic and abysmal that is.

@tagtaken2

Doesn't Australia have a laws restricting net access for children ?

Admin Edit: Enough of the personal insults. Stop now 13th_Hsqn_Protos.

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/24/10 10:15 AM

As opposed to another rude post, maybe I'll just petition the forum manager for an 'ignore luser' function.

Pissing matches on the net = boring.

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/24/10 02:06 PM

'ignore luser' function.

Click on a forum user's name over left and in the next screen there is an Ignore This Twat function tag

Ming

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/24/10 09:08 PM

Thanks, got it now thumbsup
Posted By: NineLives

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/25/10 08:30 PM

The images I posted before are a bit hit and miss. Sometimes they appear sometimes you just get the red X.

If it's a pain just let me know and I will edit them out. smile
Posted By: No457_Squog

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/25/10 08:43 PM

LOL now you guys have done it! you've cranked up Protos!

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/26/10 09:36 AM

Some sort of award might be in order then Squog, suggest the Incendiary Award worn on the right side of the flak jacket. The inside Smile2

Ming

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/26/10 05:35 PM

I doubt you qualify for any Incendiary Award Ming.
Sadly no one cares much what losers with 10,000 posts write.

Perhaps if you keep posting in 'Minglish' you will get your 25th order of the Giant Suppository Award.

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/26/10 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Ming_EAF19
Some sort of award might be in order then Squog, suggest the Incendiary Award worn on the right side of the flak jacket. The inside Smile2

Ming

+1 thumbsup
Posted By: Nixer

Re: BoB SoW Update 19 3 10. - 03/27/10 06:41 PM

After watching and waiting forever, I have a couple of observations.

1. I think it will be better than IL2.

2. I will buy it barring some horrifying Crappy Protection scheme.

And thanks for the screens and continual updates folks.

edit: Oh and Protos, somehow I don't think you last here much longer. smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums