homepage

Lock On FAQ

Posted By: Joe

Lock On FAQ - 11/10/05 03:20 AM

LOMAC/LOACS?
Lock On: Modern Air Combat and Lock On: Air Combat Simulation are the same software. LOACS is the European title.

What is the most up to date version of Lock On?
Version 1.02; the patch is available here (click on "Downloads", then on "Patches").

What is Flaming Cliffs?
Flaming Cliffs is an add-on to LOMAC that brings the game to version 1.1. The feature list is here . Flaming Cliffs can be downloaded at lockon.ru or purchased on CD from Naturalpoint or Simware .

What is the most up to date version of Flaming Cliffs?
Version 1.12b; the patch is available here .

What is Lock On Gold?
Lock On Gold is a packaged combination of LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs, available online and in stores. Note that some Flaming Cliffs CDs distributed via Lock On Gold are faulty; see the Evolved Games website for replacement instructions.

What is Black Shark?
Black Shark will be another add-on to LOMAC and should result in version 1.2. The feature list is here . Estimated Black Shark release was originally March 2006. That date has passed, so now it's anyone's guess.

Help! My TrackIR doesn't work. How do I fix it?
Lock On 1.12a has a bug where the TrackIR sometimes stops responding. To correct this, delete the TrackIR.ini file in the \Lock On\Input folder and the TrackIR file (no extension) in the \Lock On\Input folder. These files will be recreated when you next start Lock On and the TrackIR should work again.

Is there an official LOMAC forum?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/cfrm/f/13610606

Is there an official Flaming Cliffs and Black Shark forum?
http://forum.lockon.ru/

Are there downloadable add-ons for Lock On?
http://www.lockonfiles.com/

Copy Protection
LOMAC/LOACS uses SafeDisc
Flaming Cliffs uses StarForce
It is unknown what copy protection Black Shark will use
Posted By: AV8R

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 08/02/07 12:36 AM

Is this version of Starforce hurting systems or performance?

I see there is a Starforce removal utility
but will LOMAC-FC run without it?

or does it get reinstalled everytime you fire up FC?

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 08/06/07 02:02 PM

If you uninstall StarForce, Flaming Cliffs will reinstall StarForce the next time Flaming Cliffs is started.
Posted By: vScorpion503

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 09/24/07 06:55 PM

Had to do a search for this one.. should be in the FAQ.

Enabling the Cockpit mouse. New installs of FC seem to have this function turned off by default. To enable, navigate to Lock On/Config/View/View.lua. Change CockpitMouse to true.
Posted By: Roosterfeet

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 09/24/07 07:08 PM

Is there anywhere I can go to play online now that Comcast customers can't access Hyperlobby?
Posted By: Ajay

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 09/30/07 01:43 AM

xfire should pick up any HL servers \:\)
Posted By: PoleCat

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 10/31/07 11:18 PM

Comcast does not seem to stop me or my friends from joining through Hyperlobby. where did you get this information? For me at least it is incorrect.

Out

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 11/01/07 03:06 PM

It used to be correct for many - a well-documented problem. Apparently Comcast has changed something in the last month or two and many more Comcast customers can now access Hyperlobby.
Posted By: No Name

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 11/03/07 03:49 PM

are there links to the mods like loman, etc in a sticky here?

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 11/05/07 04:52 PM

Should be at Lockonfiles...
Posted By: Breeze14716

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 03/04/09 07:19 PM

Okay, so I have vanilla LOMAC and vanilla FC.

Do I install LOMAC and then FC to make it 1.1 and then the 1.12b patch or do I also have to install 1.02 before FC?

And the BS goes over both of them?

I hope this question makes sense.

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 03/04/09 09:48 PM

You should not have to install 1.02 before installing Flaming Cliffs.

Black Shark is a seperate sim that is not part of the Lock On series, and is its own application.
Posted By: Breeze14716

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 03/04/09 11:45 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: Goose

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 05/25/09 09:54 AM

What does it mean LOACS? Is it the same as LOMAC?

Thanks.
Posted By: Bumfluff

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 07/02/09 10:44 AM

the link for the 1.02 patch no longer seems to work?

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 07/02/09 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Goose
What does it mean LOACS? Is it the same as LOMAC?

Thanks.
First sentence in the thread...
Quote:
LOMAC/LOACS?
Lock On: Modern Air Combat and Lock On: Air Combat Simulation are the same software. LOACS is the European title.

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 07/02/09 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: nick10
the link for the 1.02 patch no longer seems to work?
Thanks for the heads up. It looks like UBISoft has shut down the lo-mac.com website. I updated the link in the first post.
Posted By: NineLives

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 11/29/09 03:45 PM

I have just bought a used copy of LOMAC. The files on the CD have all different dates but a couple are dated 30.7.04. Is it safe to assume then that this will already be 1.02? Is there any other way to check? Thanks.
Posted By: Nate

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 11/29/09 04:10 PM

The version number is on the bottom left of the main menu screen IIRC.

Nate
Posted By: NineLives

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 11/29/09 05:43 PM

Thanks I will have a look. It's information overload stage at the moment!
Posted By: InFireBaptize

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 12/17/09 08:06 PM

last night i completed my first training mission, take off/taxi.

Is starting up the engines in lomac:fc that easy? all what the training video told me to do is alt-home and shift-home, etc.... coming from Black Shark, starting the engines in lomac was a breeze!!

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 12/17/09 09:13 PM

Yep, LOMAC and FC do not have the detailed engine start-up procedures that are modelled in Black Shark.
Posted By: Destructis

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 02/02/10 05:49 PM

I am going to reinstall LOMAC, is BS still considered an add on and will it patch up my LOMAC? I don't plan on installing FC. I don't want to get into a debate here on it, but I think it bricked my CD/DVD drive. It could have just been a bad timing thing, but I am not taking any chances.
Posted By: Reschke

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 08/25/10 03:48 PM

Just bought a used copy of LOMAC Gold and LOMAC worked great until I installed Flaming Cliffs and then the craptastic Starforce told me it would not work unless I was using one of the older OS. Funny thing is I rebooted and all my good sense stuff after installing and even changed the permissions and compatibility to allow it to run on the settings per Starforce BEFORE attempting to run the program.

I just uninstalled it and will hope like hell that it didn't fry my Samsung DVD drive.
Posted By: Hank

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 03/24/12 11:29 PM

I have LOMAC and FC2.

I'm running it on a new Win7 machine with plenty of graphics power and PC capacity. I have a Radeon HD6790 with a gig of vram.

I use a CyborgX USB joystick.

I can not get the weapons to function. The "flying" functions work fine ... but the weapons buttons do not.

Here's the conundrum ... everything works fine with IL2 Sturmovich. I play Pacific fighers no problem and IL2... no problem.

Everything works great except with LockOn and Flaming Clifts the weapons don't work.

help
Posted By: jerryboy

Re: STICKY: Lock On FAQ - 01/21/14 05:52 PM

Hi Hank, did you ever solve the no weapons problem? I've got the same thing, patched to 1.2 but no weapons at all. PS using an x52 set up.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums