homepage

What is your favorite Campaign?

Posted By: Snow46

What is your favorite Campaign? - 11/17/22 11:50 PM

I now have the WW2 BAT loaded and running. I notice there are a lot of campaigns available. I did start with the P-38 initial one and was going to follow it along through the war, but thought I would ask folks that have been playing which ones they liked best.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: What is your favorite Campaign? - 11/18/22 12:06 PM

Download 'White Sun, Blue Sky' and take on the Japanese Empire, flying for the Flying Tigers...

Re: What is your favorite Campaign? - 11/19/22 12:39 AM

Now that sounds interesting. Is it part of the WW2 BAT or something else to load?
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: What is your favorite Campaign? - 11/19/22 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Snow46
Now that sounds interesting. Is it part of the WW2 BAT or something else to load?

Nope WSBS is a user made campaign that has been around for almost forever...
Download the White sun blue sky (WSBS) campaign @ Mission4Today.

If learning how to land on a Carrier interests you give Straight From the Farm by Zeus-cat a shot..
SFTF is another user made campaign that has been around for nigh on forever. cool
Make sure to also install the Straight from the Farm campaign v1.02 patch or the objectives of the last mission of the campaign are not achievable

Wheels

Re: What is your favorite Campaign? - 11/19/22 04:22 PM

I am very new to IL-1946 and have never loaded any additional campaigns. I will join Mission4Today. Are there good instructions on how to download and install additional campaigns?
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: What is your favorite Campaign? - 11/19/22 08:47 PM

WSBS was amongst my favorites, however it's quite unsure it still works with BAT, it's quite old and may have used some build tricks that used to work but may not any more. As I recall it, it was using russian planes as fake japanese at times and russian maps as fake chinese, nowadays the japanese models are available as some chinese maps but if it hasn't been converted....

To install you extract the campaign folder and check its structure. Inside there should be a bunch of files named .mis and .properties.

The folder having these files goes into missions/campaigns/the country you want to.

Usually a .txt is added with detailed instructions.

At SAS there are dozen of campaigns listed that do work for BAT, you may want to start with one of those. They are generally hosted at m4t, but SAS forum makes it easier for you to find them.

Dozens of great campaigns were made, but those that still work are less.

Still enough for two full lives playing them all, though.

Have fun in BAT skies !

Re: What is your favorite Campaign? - 11/19/22 09:58 PM

Thanks, there are so many campaigns in the BAT that I don’t know where to start.😁

Guess I will just start at the top.

Re: What is your favorite Campaign? - 12/03/22 10:53 PM

Is there a txt file or document that explains at even a top level each of the campaigns in the basic WAW? Where there campaigns within 4.2. and 4.2.1?
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: What is your favorite Campaign? - 12/05/22 08:40 PM

Usually each campaign has a descriptive on the selection screen, not sure if that's what you're looking for.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: What is your favorite Campaign? - 12/25/22 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Snow46
I am very new to IL-1946 and have never loaded any additional campaigns. I will join Mission4Today. Are there good instructions on how to download and install additional campaigns?

At this time there is no need to join to M4T download the files. However, We will welcome your participation if you decide to join. cool

If you are still having problems with where to put any campaigns you download from M4T or elsewhere this Knowledge Base article should help you solve that problem.
Installing Missions: https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=497

This video by Call Sign “NICTMERE” has another good tutorial.
IL-2 1946 HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL A CAMPAIGN TUTORIAL

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums