homepage

HOTAS is not reliable

Posted By: Snow46

HOTAS is not reliable - 11/09/22 09:52 PM

Have the Thrustmaster HOTAS T16000. While the flight stick seems to be working great, sometimes the HOTAS works and others I have no control over either. I think I will send back the unit to Amazon and buy a decent flight stick with a throttle on the left side. Any suggestions?

If there is another HOTAS that actually connects to the flight stick (this one plugs into the computer on a separate line), I would consider that. Maybe I am too new for this, but not sure what else to do. PLus the Thrustmaster T16000 has awkward placement of the switches.

But Loving BAT!!!
Posted By: Adger

Re: HOTAS is not reliable - 11/09/22 10:14 PM

I use this Snow it's perfectly acceptable for IL2 amomgst other sims..

[Linked Image]

I've also got one of these which i've also found to be a good stick

[Linked Image]

Re: HOTAS is not reliable - 11/10/22 12:02 AM

Thanks, will try the top one and see if that helps.

Once I start getting decent at the game will invest the money to upgrade. Not sure what to get....is X-56 any better/worse than the Warthog? (Warthog is really expensive).

Re: HOTAS is not reliable - 11/11/22 11:18 PM

I can't believe it. I sent off for the Thrustmaster HOTAS set up like Adger showed me and they sent me the up-graded one for $71. I guess i need to give it another chance at that price. Weird, but I did start up the computer with the hotas and the stick in place and they both show up on my device list. Thanks Adger for all your help
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: HOTAS is not reliable - 11/12/22 05:08 PM

Don't waste money in this low cost, low quality sticks, spent a bit more and buy a quality entry level "HOTAS":

[Linked Image]
https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=gladiator-nxt-series
[Linked Image]

A "Lite" version of this GNX-THQ throttle - without the back switches panel; can be slaved in NXT stick base.
Posted By: Adger

Re: HOTAS is not reliable - 11/12/22 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Snow46
I can't believe it. I sent off for the Thrustmaster HOTAS set up like Adger showed me and they sent me the up-graded one for $71. I guess i need to give it another chance at that price. Weird, but I did start up the computer with the hotas and the stick in place and they both show up on my device list. Thanks Adger for all your help

Done well there mate for $71 ..no problem glad to help Snow.

Re: HOTAS is not reliable - 12/02/22 03:18 PM

I played for several weeks on the Thrustmaster set up but the throttle was sticky and the stick’s button placement was awkward. I decided to give VKB a try. While IL-2 had no issues with key binding, it took a team of folks from here, OBD software and the experts on the VKB discord channel to help me fumble through a solution. It is now working great on WOTR and IL-2. It feels more like a real stick and after Christmas I think a throttle may be on the list.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums