homepage

DT 4.13 Dev Updates

Posted By: fafnir_6

DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/02/13 06:12 AM

Hello everyone,

It looks like Daidalos Team has started issuing dev updates for 4.13. Featured in the first update is the sexy He177A-3 bomber...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=40957

Cheers,

Fafnir_6
Posted By: WileECoyote

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/02/13 07:22 AM

You gotta love these guys. After like 12 years they keep updating the sim. I don't remember how much I paid for it, but man, what a freaking steal!
Posted By: ringtwitch

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/02/13 08:01 AM

The He177A-3 is already available in HSFX 7.

Cheers
Posted By: Logan

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/02/13 12:16 PM

Yeah but with no cockpit not much you can do with it.
Posted By: EJGr.Ost_Caspar

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/02/13 03:07 PM

The model was made by an extern modeler - a friend of one of our team members - on request of another team member, who is also involved in HSFX development. So this was some shared work.
The model, programming and FM where ready shortly after 4.12 release. HSFX 7 is on base of 4.12 but therefor got the chance to include the 'Greif'.
Its the very same model and plane.
Posted By: Leadspitter

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/04/13 03:14 AM

amazing! thanks so much for the hard work
Posted By: MudPuppy

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/04/13 01:06 PM

A Salute to Team Daidalos! This is amazing that after all this time they are still making excellent improvements to Il-2.
Derek
Posted By: 2GvSAP_Mohawk

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/04/13 01:30 PM

I wish there was a way to implement real time cockpit shadows in the game. That is the only thing missing to bring it at par with the current gen flight sims.
Posted By: ArgonV

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/04/13 08:47 PM

Will this then become flyable with a cockpit??

Also, where can I donate to these guys?!?
Posted By: FilthyApe1961

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/04/13 09:27 PM

I am hoping that eventually Diadalos will provide Jets up to the early supersonic age like DBW does.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/05/13 11:59 AM

What I want to know is when will they put the New Guinea New Britain map in and the flyable B-24 ?
Posted By: Cold_Gambler

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/05/13 09:48 PM

I've been out of the IL-2 loop for a loooong time (basically since the code got cracked and all the different mods started being created)... anyway, that Grief looks gorgeous! Is it normal for these newer models to have such high poly counts? The nacelles are round, the astrolab (I think) porthole in the top of the fuselage is round, the wing tips, etc... all round. Not kinda round, not round-ish in an offset octagonal way, but actually indistinguishable from round!
Posted By: JAMF

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/05/13 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Cold_Gambler
Is it normal for these newer models to have such high poly counts?

Many aircraft had their models tweaked. See "Fix engines cowlings and propīs"
Posted By: SaQSoN

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/08/13 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Cold_Gambler
Is it normal for these newer models to have such high poly counts? The nacelles are round, the astrolab (I think) porthole in the top of the fuselage is round, the wing tips, etc... all round.

Well, actually, it's not so round. You can see this if you look closely. Just some clever modeling approach, like use slightly more polygons at more curved parts and less polygons at less curved areas. Overal polycount on He-177 is around 10K at LOD-0, which is about as much, as 3 fighter aircraft models from the very first (circa 2001) game release. Taking in account, that since then PC calculating power grew like 20 times, this is really won't have any impact on framerates.

PS it's not an astrodome, it's control station for remote controlled turret.
Posted By: SaQSoN

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/08/13 08:41 PM

And there is a new update:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=510835&postcount=3
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/09/13 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: daidalos.team @ 1C
Alright! Its friday and we try to keep it on fridays... so here we present a new cockpit, which converts an AI plane into a flyable one: the N1K1-J (both available types)

Enjoy! cool

Source: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=510835#post510835

Here are the pictures.

Wheels

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/17/13 11:08 AM

Il-2 Sturmovik - the game of exotic birds (quite some tradition, it seems)... next flyable we present is the IK-3... smile2

Source: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=511117#post511117

Posted By: pandacat

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/19/13 02:48 AM

These cockpits are great. However, have there any talks on fixing some of the old cockpits, especially for some of the well-known planes. Take F4F for instance. When you get bullet holes on your canopy and you open your cockpit, the bullet holes look as if were drilled on your computer screen, instead of the window glass of the canopy. Especially if you look back to your 5 and 7 o'clock. It looks pretty awkward. I know like other American planes, this will probably not get too much attention any way.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/21/13 03:46 AM

agreed with the many different modelers and texture artists, I believe all the cockpit damage should follow a some sort of content guide.

bulletholes, cracked revis, oil splash should be the same for all aircraft. Not over site, oil should blind 100% front visability or be 20% opacity

completely obscured or not, same with the tinted glass. None or 5% on all ac

I know its one persons point of realism but in a online game should be even glass tint oilsplash how easy a revi breaks.

The thing that really bugs me is all the newer flightsim cockpits, dcs, new il2 sturmo, clod and addon clod have the revi reflection move off the site completely never seen that happen on a real gunsite from hundreds of ac, they have some movement when leaning left or right but always stay on the glass

^^

btw none of this has to do with the great work deds do smile They fix things

Looking forward to 4.13 any word on the release?

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/30/13 06:28 AM

Hi there! Its time for the ground hugging lovers and dioram builders... today we show you some new vehicles:

- 2cm Flak 38 Vierling
- Skoda Pa.II 'Zalva' amored car (MG and radio version)
- Jagdtiger
- M10 and M36 tank hunters in various versions

Source: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=511392#post511392

Here are the pictures:

Those should make some nice ground targets for us to add to our missions. cool

Wheels

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 11/30/13 06:34 AM

It is friday again and this time we would like to show a short video about some of the bombing changes we've made.

Source: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=511683#post511683

Wheels
Posted By: Ian Boys

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/01/13 09:23 PM

genius
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/08/13 08:08 PM

Bombardier - part 2

clapping

Sokol1
Posted By: Antiloop

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/10/13 07:08 PM

The changes to bomber sights looks amazing!
Always thought the level bombers got the shaft when it came to the functionality of the bomb sights.
Let's see if any of you is familiar with the scenario below;

Aim aircraft roughly at the target -> engage level stabilizer -> hop into the bomb sight view -> find that the target is just out of bounds to the left or right -> disengage level stabilizer -> nudge side rudder a bit -> engage level stabilizer -> hop into the bomb sight view -> acquire target -> find that the target is just out of bounds to the left or right -> disengage level stabilizer -> nudge side rudder a bit -> engage level stabilizer -> hop into the bomb sight view -> discover that you've just passed over the target -> throw joystick into the bloody wall in frustration -> vow to never touch a level bomber again -> wait several years -> discover that TD is in the process of fixing every single point that is currently wrong with the level bombers -> makes a little happy dance...

dance

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/20/13 09:55 PM

Dear IL-2 fans. This friday we would like to show you our huge project.

Flyable B-24D-140-CO

New external model, pilot, bombardier + 7 gunners equals 6 totally separate pits (which are all modelled very accurately) and thousands of man-hours spent.

Of course the intervalometer & Norden are working here like we showed you before and ball turret has rotating sounds that were recorded from real B-24 ball turret. New multi-function key has been added for gunners which is used to lower/raise the ball turret & open the waist gunner hatches. Also this birds does have little extra that we don't want to show you yet.

C.
Posted By: 33lima

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/20/13 10:25 PM

Wow! 'Amazing' doesn't come close. Has a sim ever had a bomber with such attention to detail, even down to the waist door opening sequence? I doubt it.
Posted By: HarryM

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/21/13 06:46 AM

Bloody awesome.
Posted By: WileECoyote

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/21/13 07:03 AM

Oh come on! This is ridiculous, I just can't get up to date with this game. I haven't even installed 4.12 yet and you keep adding stuff!

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/21/13 08:37 AM

Originally Posted By: WileECoyote
Oh come on! This is ridiculous, I just can't get up to date with this game. I haven't even installed 4.12 yet and you keep adding stuff!

4.12 was released in June! 4.12.2 in October! Its not so hard, you know? biggrin

Some say, we are even too slow... wounded
Posted By: Staniol

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/21/13 10:16 AM

Beautiful!
I keep coming back to this game despite all of it's competitors.

Thank you to all responsible for this!

Ps: would it be possible to include the best community built campaigns in one of the patches? There are a lot of planes without a campaign or even a single mission. If its against the scope, I understand, in this case It would be great to have them as one addon. I am spending a lot of time searching and adding them manually.
Posted By: MudPuppy

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/21/13 12:40 PM

Very impressive update! Thanks.
Posted By: Aeronautico

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/21/13 01:51 PM

Very impressive indeed. And yes, a missions/campaigns add-on would be awesome! Well, even more awesome, that is.
Posted By: Flatlander

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/21/13 06:16 PM

The last few updates turns this extraordinary software into a whole new game.
Wow.

~Flatlander
Posted By: Bighead_cz

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/23/13 07:05 PM

yeah

that is incredible
Posted By: Beazil

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/24/13 12:47 AM

More great work from TeamD. Now that triplewide resolutions are supported in game, and with all the addons and new content coming, it's a steal of a game. Great work guys.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 12/25/13 07:27 PM

Awesome update.
I can't wait to get the B-24 in the air and take it for a spin.

Wheels

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/17/14 06:04 PM

Quote:
Hello! This time we have for you two new toys - the N1K1-Jb (flyable) and the .50cal quad mount AA on a trailer:

Posted By: Ben_WH

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/17/14 06:15 PM

Hi Caspar,

Thank you for the new screenshots - they look great.

Do you have any news on the New Guinea New Britain Map that was mentioned a while ago? Does DT have any plan to include that in 4.13?

Thank you again for the work.

Cheers,

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/17/14 06:45 PM

Still working on that - much probably not in 4.13.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/17/14 07:34 PM

Glad to know that it is still on the radar. Thanks for the update.
Posted By: juri_js

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/17/14 08:08 PM

I wonder what's the problem with the New Guinea/New Britain map? If I remember correctly I have seen the first pics in 2009.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/17/14 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: juri_js
I wonder what's the problem with the New Guinea/New Britain map? If I remember correctly I have seen the first pics in 2009.

Not sure ... perhaps a combination of team resources, priority and map complexity? Like the Solomons map the area underwent tremendously changes in a few years and will require multiple maps to represent the area by different periods. Nadzab alone went from forest to a massive airbase complex with multiple airfields.

It is certainly a map that is much needed/wanted for the PTO, being the scene of major air, sea and land battles between the US, Australia/NZ and the Japanese forces.

Cheers,

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/19/14 09:38 AM

The files for the NGNB map, that were provided to us, had some issues like:

- water above elevation 0m
- chaos with roads
- insufficient texture size / quality
- and some rather small other issues

And while these are all possible to fix, it takes some time and there are also other maps to handle the same way, and yes, we are always low on manpower. But its in progress. wink

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/20/14 12:40 PM

Caspar,

Thanks for the clarification.

Has the team considered getting additional help from the community on some labor-intensive tasks to speed up the process?

Map-making is very hard work but if there is enough people interested in the map(s) (NGNB certainly interests quite a few people I believe) you can get some additional resources just for the map(s).

Cheers,
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/20/14 01:42 PM

Human co-pilots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oUybNFyuqg8

Sokol1

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/20/14 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben_WH
Caspar,

Thanks for the clarification.

Has the team considered getting additional help from the community on some labor-intensive tasks to speed up the process?

Map-making is very hard work but if there is enough people interested in the map(s) (NGNB certainly interests quite a few people I believe) you can get some additional resources just for the map(s).

Cheers,

What would help, was some proper landscape textures, preferibly in standards 1024x1024pxl resolution. Its most time consuming to make new ones and let them look like the ones, that were delivered to us (and many of you know from the mod version). We don't want to change the style of the map, but definitly want higher res texture for it. So if any exist... it would be welcomed.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/22/14 06:25 PM

Caspar,

Don't want to follow with tons of question but would like clarification on this: do you have a list of landscape texture (i.e. for what type of landscape) you are looking for? I can ask around but it would be more productive to ask from a list instead of individual texture.

(Please feel free to PM me if you wish)

Cheers,

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/26/14 03:57 PM

Oh well... all types... jungle mostly... jungle/wilderness mix... jungle/agriculture mix etc... not, that I could list it. You can find it in the .../maps/tex/NGNB folder... in the mod.
Posted By: Ian Boys

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/29/14 11:38 AM

Caspar - non-coastal water can be at non-zero altitudes, like on the Burma, Norway and Slovakia maps.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/30/14 09:11 AM

Only in small examples. Of course it can technically be above 0m, but it looks odd in some situations and in case of bridges, there is no other possibility. It must be reasonable.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/30/14 12:03 PM

You get some odd effects when the water is above normal. I think I may still have the research files on NGNB, I worked on one airfield way back when and I think most of that work was scrapped unfortunately, in trying to reproduce one airfield it's easy to get carried away with too many objects.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 01/30/14 09:06 PM

Caspar,

I do not have access to NGNB mod but will look into the Solomons maps for reference. Will need to ask around some texture experts.

Thanks,

Posted By: Chrisreb

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 02/25/14 07:32 PM

Wish I could get 4.12 but several registrations later still no emails to validate and then download. Nothing in junk e mail and tried 2 different e mail addresses

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 02/25/14 07:54 PM

Patches can be downloaded from Axis and Allies Paintworks without registration:
http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?list.101
Posted By: Chrisreb

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 02/25/14 09:02 PM

No they want registration so I have registered and will see if that works.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 02/26/14 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Chrisreb

No they want registration so I have registered and will see if that works.

I am one of the Admins at A&A, usually all our files can be downloaded without registration. I have just checked the 4.12 patch and you are right, it can be downloaded by members only. This was done because the many patch downloads were causing too much traffic for our small site. The 4.12.1 and 4.12.2 files don't require a registration.
Your registration was successful so you should be able to download now.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 02/27/14 08:41 AM

You can also get the patches at these sites:

The Patches Scrolls - No registration required
IL-2 1946 Patches: http://www.patches-scrolls.com/search.php?game=il-2&platform=1&cnt=25

VMF/214 Black Sheep - No registration required
IL-2 1946 Patches: http://vmf214-blacksheep.webs.com/patchesandlinks.htm

SimHQ - Registration required
IL-2 Series Downloads (IL2 1946 v4.08m through v4.11.1m): http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/265/1/IL_2_Series_Downloads
(Still working on getting them to upload the v4.12m, v4.12.1m, and v4.12.2m patches to the SimHQ server.)

Mission4Today - Registration required
Official Game Patches: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=564

Wheels
Posted By: Airway

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/01/14 08:21 PM

Although it's written in German, here all patches, selfexplaining download:

http://il2.jimdo.com/il-2-patches/
Posted By: Airway

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/01/14 08:22 PM

So I wonder why there is no WIP update about 4.13m since 6 weeks. Any news? I find that strange.
Posted By: Thrud

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/03/14 06:40 AM

Howdy guys. I'm the author of the NGNB map and one of the authors of the Slot map. PM if you have any questions. I'm still around. I just don't check the forums that often.

http://www.warwingsart.com/TDWIP/NGNB/NGNB_Map_00.jpg
Posted By: Warbirds

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/03/14 09:52 PM

Wow! Best bomber in any sim to date, thanks for the hard work on this project guys!

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/03/14 10:46 PM

Because of this thread and the new B-24 I have dug my IL2 disc out and downloading patches. One problem, is there a site to download the 4.10 patch? The only link I found has two sign up sites to go through. Or maybe someone can send it to me?

Update, just found it, here smile

Posted By: Aviar

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/03/14 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Warbirds
Because of this thread and the new B-24 I have dug my IL2 disc out and downloading patches. One problem, is there a site to download the 4.10 patch? The only link I found has two sign up sites to go through. Or maybe someone can send it to me?

Update, just found it, here smile

The B-24 has not been released yet. Not sure where you got that idea from.

Aviar

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/04/14 12:03 AM

I understand that, thanks, but the promise of it coming got me back into this game again. One thing, is there a 412 patch out that I missed?
Posted By: Aviar

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/04/14 12:12 AM

4.12 has been out for several months now.

Aviar

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/04/14 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Warbirds
I understand that, thanks, but the promise of it coming got me back into this game again. One thing, is there a 412 patch out that I missed?

Yes, plus a couple more too. smile

At the moment some patches at Axis and Allies that juri_js linked to in his post require registration to get and others don't depending on the size of the download.

(At the moment Axis and Allies does not have the v4.08m, v4.09m or v4.09m skins patches available for download.)

Originally Posted By: Airway
Although it's written in German, here all patches, self explaining download:

http://il2.jimdo.com/il-2-patches/

Sturmovik Material Depot 46 that Airway linked to has all the International version of the patches from v4.08m through v4.12.2m.

You can also get the patches at these sites:

No registration required
  • The Patches Scrolls
    IL-2 1946 Patches: http://www.patches-scrolls.com/search.php?game=il-2&platform=1&cnt=25
    This site has the Dedicated server, International, and Russian patches from v4.08m through the v4.12.1m patch.
    (They are missing all versions of the v4.12.2m patch and have mixed and matched Cliffs of Dover Team fusion patches with IL-2 1946 Dedicated server, International, and Russian patches so you need to use a patching guide like the ones I linked below to sort things out.)

• VMF/214 Black Sheep
    IL-2 1946 Patches: http://vmf214-blacksheep.webs.com/patchesandlinks.htm
    (They have versions 4.08m through v4.12.2m. They have their own patching guide and how to videos, the videos are good. smile )

• Tuttovola.org: http://www.tuttovola.org/index.php?topic=4430.0
    (This site is in Italian but it is still fairly easy to follow their patching guide. They have all International patches from v4.08m to v4.12.2m.)

Registration required

Wheels

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/04/14 07:20 PM

Thanks, will do.

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/14/14 01:59 AM

when?
Posted By: EinsteinEP

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/14/14 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu
  • SimHQ
    IL-2 Series Downloads: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/265/1/IL_2_Series_Downloads
    This site has the Dedicated server, International, and Russian patches from v4.08m through the v4.11.1m patch.
    Use one of the patching guides linked below if you don't know the correct patching sequence.
    (Still working on getting them to upload the v4.12m, v4.12.1m, and v4.12.2m version of the patches to the SimHQ server.)

The SimHQ library is now up to date with IL2 1946 patches up through 4.12.2. You can stop twisting our arms! wink

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/18/14 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: EinsteinEP
Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu
  • SimHQ
    IL-2 Series Downloads: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/265/1/IL_2_Series_Downloads
    This site has the Dedicated server, International, and Russian patches from v4.08m through the v4.11.1m patch.
    Use one of the patching guides linked below if you don't know the correct patching sequence.
    (Still working on getting them to upload the v4.12m, v4.12.1m, and v4.12.2m version of the patches to the SimHQ server.)

The SimHQ library is now up to date with IL2 1946 patches up through 4.12.2. You can stop twisting our arms! wink

Thank You. cool

Wheels
Posted By: Genbrien

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/22/14 07:59 PM

I reinstalled 1946 just for that patch and the new bombers modifications cheers clapping

Re: DT 4.13 Dev Updates - 03/23/14 04:03 PM

Same here, saw this thread and dug out my old 1946 box and installed. Downloaded all the updates and very impressed so far. Great work, thanks!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums