Posted By: Targ

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 08:14 AM

You big tease!!
Posted By: Kristorf

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 08:16 AM

yakaty yakaty yak......
Posted By: Stratos

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 10:48 AM

LukeFF, you know something that we don't know??
Posted By: Billy Pryce

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 10:51 AM

Lol, what sort of time frame are we talking? Oh I know...
Posted By: CanonUK

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 11:11 AM

And what's supposed to be in 4.09? Some new maps, isn't it?
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: LukeFF
...should be released soon.

That is all I have to say. ;\)

Yeah, yeah.. Two weeks and all that she-ite!..
Posted By: Chad

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 01:09 PM

I Hopeth That You Speka Tha Truthe
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 06:21 PM

Stoumorviks, be sure !
Posted By: RDDR

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 06:38 PM

Ahhh,.....possibly a Fortnight( Is that the right spelling?) ....Mmmmm!
Posted By: heywooood

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 06:44 PM

whatcha got there, RDDR? ....stew weeks?
Posted By: Skycat

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 06:48 PM

Posted By: Goodwood

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 06:58 PM

Nice one Skycat. Reminds me of My Cousin Vinny.

All hail the new default skins!
Posted By: WarWolfe_1

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 07:39 PM

Pffffffttttttttttt
Posted By: Flying Hedman

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/26/07 07:43 PM

How about a russian fortnight or something ...............? It can generate a (n un)plesant rage in the community when people find out time is relative!
Posted By: LukeFF

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Stratos

Why, yes I do. ;\)
Posted By: Dart

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 04:19 AM

Ah, yes, the 1961 Chevrolet Impala 409...

(advertisement pic, btw, free to distribute)

"Soon" is such a nice word. Nice and vague, it gives us all a little extra hope, putting a spring into our every step as we face each new day....
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 08:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Stratos

Why, yes I do. ;\)

I also know something you don't know.
Posted By: Feuerfalke

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 08:53 AM

Agreed - it should be out soon. As Luke I don't know when, though. ;\)

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 09:30 AM

The 4.09 should come soon after slovakia map is complete.

We have no indication that slovakia map is complete.

Therefore:

-either there's no "two weeks" patch yet

-either we should be told soon that Slovakia map is complete

LukeFF, is Slovakia map complete ?
Posted By: Feuerfalke

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 09:41 AM

He only says it SHOULD be released soon, not that it WILL be released soon.
Posted By: DaidalosTeam

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 09:41 AM

No, Slovakia is not finished - 3 or 4 weeks to go. Real life issues + summer fun slowing the map progress down a bit lately.

Bessarabia is finished as far as I know and being tested, so if they release 4.09 now, it would be without Slovakia map.
Posted By: VonBarb.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 11:59 AM

Yeah, they should just go ahead and release it without Slovakia, then they'll have to do a 4.10 or 5.0, and add some more goodies \:D

Cheers

Nico

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 12:28 PM

Slovakia map really ought to be accompanied by an Avia 534, it just seems right.
Posted By: Tbag

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 01:51 PM

Luke, you could have decorated your post at least with some nice teaser pics.
Posted By: Veteran66

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Martin
No, Slovakia is not finished - 3 or 4 weeks to go. Real life issues + summer fun slowing the map progress down a bit lately.

Bessarabia is finished as far as I know and being tested, so if they release 4.09 now, it would be without Slovakia map.

and the new desert Map, it is in the patch 4.09m?

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 03:04 PM

Ian Boys' desert map is already in 4.08, unless you're referring to another new desert map.
Posted By: csThor

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 03:55 PM

He means this one:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=117&Number=2142612

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 06:40 PM

yes thx Thor !

Posted By: Flatlander

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/27/07 10:28 PM

Quote:

Well get on it man! Apparently there is a deadline of 2 weeks. ;\)

~Flatlander

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Tbag
Luke, you could have decorated your post at least with some nice teaser pics.

I'll see what I can do about that. \:\)

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 04:39 AM

Okay, I figured I've tormented you all long enough. Behold, Bessarabia:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LukeFF/IL2/grab0000.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LukeFF/IL2/grab0002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LukeFF/IL2/grab0003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LukeFF/IL2/grab0005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LukeFF/IL2/grab0006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LukeFF/IL2/grab0007.jpg

About the map:

-It's HUGE. Think Kurland-size and you'll have a good idea. Lots of terrain to cover here.
-Relatively flat, but plenty of waterways and nicely-textured fields.
-Port facilities: best I've seen to date.
-Airfields: lots of variety, all superbly done.
-Performance: all my tests have been done at maximum detail, 1600x1200 resolution, without any issues.

In short, you guys will like this map. Great for both 1941 and 1944 scenarios.
Posted By: Targ

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 04:45 AM

Looking good \:\)
Posted By: FltLt HardBall

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 11:51 AM

Wow, looks nice. Any news of new aircraft? A last hurrah for the venerable IL-2 series...

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 12:22 PM

And any news on the new default skins?
Posted By: FlatSpinMan

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 01:24 PM

Nice looking ground textures there LukeFF. Can't wait to use it.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 02:04 PM

Nothing known, Sean. Moscow has been silent. And still is \:\(
Posted By: MIGHAIL

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 03:46 PM

some change in fm? i fly no often so change fm big bonus for my online lol
Posted By: Tbag

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 03:56 PM

Very nice, I really can't wait. Thanks for the pics Luke.
Posted By: DKoor

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Billy Pryce
Slovakia map really ought to be accompanied by an Avia 534, it just seems right.
+1

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: MIGHAIL
some change in fm? i fly no often so change fm big bonus for my online lol

70% of the fm are wrong, so he will nothing change!!!
Posted By: X_MAN

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 05:55 PM

I really hope they fix that unrealistic visual of the earth's curvature visable at 5000M.
Posted By: CanonUK

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 07:09 PM

The map looks beautiful!

I must say I'm very impressed with the 'new' generation of maps. Not that I don't enjoy the original FB maps but the level of detail put into maps like Normandy, Kurland and this one here is outstanding \:\)

Good work all!

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: X_MAN
I really hope they fix that unrealistic visual of the earth's curvature visable at 5000M.

You know as well as I do that it's a fault of the game engine, m8... ;\)
Posted By: Bearcat99

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 09:11 PM

Ooooo some of those ground textures look very nice...
Posted By: Craterman

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 10:10 PM

"I really hope they fix that unrealistic visual of the earth's curvature visable at 5000M."

I agree 110%. I like the American planes and they do much better higher up, but I can't stomach the view. BoB2 WOV does this very well. The earth doesn't look like a tennis ball. 1946 is an awesome sim, my favorite game of all time. But there are a few things (like the tennis ball thing) that absolutely baffle me. Did Oleg and team not see this for themselves? I'm not a programmer, but a flat world would have been better and maybe easier.
Posted By: Chivas

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/28/07 11:12 PM

When the game engine was first designed the only flyable aircraft was the IL-2 Sturmovic. It was to be a low level ground attack sim.
~Salute~
Chivas
Posted By: Compans

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 02:31 AM

Nice looking map.

Hawker Typhoon please!

S! Comp
Posted By: commorange

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 04:36 AM

Anybody know if the drag problem has been fixed on P-51's and Mustang III's in the patch. Some of you may know if you carry bombs or extra fuel tanks on these planes, after you drop them you still have the extra drag.
Posted By: Bearcat99

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Craterman
"I really hope they fix that unrealistic visual of the earth's curvature visable at 5000M."

I agree 110%. I like the American planes and they do much better higher up, but I can't stomach the view. BoB2 WOV does this very well. The earth doesn't look like a tennis ball. 1946 is an awesome sim, my favorite game of all time. But there are a few things (like the tennis ball thing) that absolutely baffle me. Did Oleg and team not see this for themselves? I'm not a programmer, but a flat world would have been better and maybe easier.

I doubt that.... maybe in SoW....

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By: flakwagon
Anybody know if the drag problem has been fixed on P-51's and Mustang III's in the patch. Some of you may know if you carry bombs or extra fuel tanks on these planes, after you drop them you still have the extra drag.

You may know this, but given your rant i'm not sure: bombs or tanks are not "magically" attached to the wings, racks are used, and these racks have drag. When bombs/tanks are jettisoned, racks remain, thus the extra drag when comparing to a "clean" aircraft.
Posted By: IvanK

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 07:25 AM

Flakwagon I don't think this a problem !

I have just done a test in Crimea at Sea level. P51D20NA, 50% Fuel with 2 Tanks.
I performed a Level acceleration at Sea level until the acceleration stopped. I ended up with 520Kmh steady. I jettisoned the tanks and speed increased quickly to 540Kmh IAS. That to me indicates that the drag of the tanks is removed with them.
Posted By: Wklink

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 07:30 AM

Gonna have to get the game out again.

Been a while.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Chivas
When the game engine was first designed the only flyable aircraft was the IL-2 Sturmovic. It was to be a low level ground attack sim.
~Salute~
Chivas

excuze me, bf109 was in 1.0 version not fb, but il2 sturmovik

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 10:26 AM

in any way, after 4.0 version this game was respirative reborn
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 01:05 PM

~Salute~
Chivas

Yes, the Bf-109, the P-39 and many other planes were in the original Il-2 Sturmovik when it first came out, but Chivas is right, the first ideas for the sim was to just model the Il-2 as flyable.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 08:19 PM

Indeed, it was to be an IL-2 "study sim" and not the World's Biggest "survey sim" to date. \:\)

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Freycinet
~Salute~
Chivas

Yes, the Bf-109, the P-39 and many other planes were in the original Il-2 Sturmovik when it first came out, but Chivas is right, the first ideas for the sim was to just model the Il-2 as flyable.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters \:\)

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 09:20 PM

Let's not go there please... ;\)
Posted By: No457_Squog

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 10:22 PM

...unless waters = 4 ...

\:D
Posted By: Wulfycuddles

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 10:41 PM

EEk Squog made a funny!!! \:\)

You're a funny guy Squog.........;)

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: No457_Squog
...unless waters = 4 ...

\:D

this is next story holy bob2:)
Posted By: Hynkel

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/29/07 11:02 PM

Let's concentrate on the patch....it's due to release in....."TWO WEEKS"
And u all know what that mean.
Notice...before u even seen the REAL thing there ought to be an beta leak...so take that as an sign.
So in the mean time kiss ure wife or play with ure kids or do something nasty in bed...or watch an old rerun of "Married with children".
Posted By: commorange

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/30/07 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: rollnloop.

You may know this, but given your rant i'm not sure: bombs or tanks are not "magically" attached to the wings, racks are used, and these racks have drag. When bombs/tanks are jettisoned, racks remain, thus the extra drag when comparing to a "clean" aircraft.

In the first place.. What rant?? All I did was ask a freakin question! Next I dont appreciate the condescending tone. I am well aware the racks cause drag, but not that much drag. With respect to the gentleman that claims 540k on the deck after dropping tanks, this has not been my experience and I play/fly the P-51 a lot in this game, And I still think 540 would be a little too slow, and I am sure its high alt speed would be somewhat better, It would need to be lot better because historically it was very formidable at high altitude, or any altitude for that matter but especially high.
Posted By: nearmiss

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/30/07 05:14 AM

I've been with this puppy since the turn of the century. LOL

There has never been a patch release before the maps in that patch were finished. So, when the maps are done we'll probably get the word they're done. The map builders are always glad to share.

Then 2 weeks after that.
Posted By: Frankyboy

Re: Patch 4.09... - 08/30/07 09:56 AM

In the first place.. What rant?? All I did was ask a freakin question! Next I dont appreciate the condescending tone. I am well aware the racks cause drag, but not that much drag. With respect to the gentleman that claims 540k on the deck after dropping tanks, this has not been my experience and I play/fly the P-51 a lot in this game, And I still think 540 would be a little too slow, and I am sure its high alt speed would be somewhat better, It would need to be lot better because historically it was very formidable at high altitude, or any altitude for that matter but especially high.

wingracks cause in general a speedloss of ~30km/h in game.
fuselage racks less.
Posted By: TonyEH

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/01/07 01:52 AM

I have to ask...what the hell is the point in giving us new maps if we can't incorporate them into DGen? The games standard campaign engine.

I am still waiting to be able to use the Kiev and Norway maps that were release MONTHS ago.

If the same situation occurs with the Bessarabia map, I won't be jumping for joy over its release.

Tony
Posted By: Skycat

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/01/07 04:52 AM

Reasons for new maps even if not in DGen:
1. New terrain for online wars.
2. Campaigns and missions can be made in Full Mission Builder.
3. Possible inclusion in UberQuick Mission Generator and that other dogfight generator.
4. Templates possibly will appear for DCG.
5. Maybe Starshoy will update DGen for the maps.
6. Free stuff makes update patches more fun.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/01/07 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Skycat

We've been hearing that for a long, long, long time now. I'm with TonyEH on this one - the support for Dgen within the past 6-12 months has been very underwhelming. Burma was the last map to be integrated into Dgen, right? And how long ago was that? When was the last time Starshoy posted here (or anywhere, for that matter)? As much fun as I've had in my limited time with the new Bessarabia map, there's been this nagging thought inside me that says it'll never make it into Dgen, even though it would be perfect to expand a number of campaigns for a number of nations.

I'm really worried if this is the type of support the offline campaign will receive in SoW. Irregular, infrequent updates to the game's official campaign engine via a third-party website cannot and do not suffice.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/01/07 11:01 AM

Quote:
the support for Dgen within the past 6-12 months has been very underwhelming.

Starshoy is no part of IL2 dev team. He's been hired to provide dgen campaigns for commercial releases (FB,AEP then PF, +BOE), he's not paid any more for additional free stuff. AFAIK, he never really played the game (too busy working on it, then enjoying other games).

So, to sum up, MAYBE he will update dgen for new maps, BUT he has no obligation and we'd better ask for it NICELY (repeatedly may help too though :D).

Quote:
I'm really worried if this is the type of support the offline campaign will receive in SoW. Irregular, infrequent updates to the game's official campaign engine via a third-party website cannot and do not suffice

Now we'd better have Oleg understand this, because if dynamic campaign is created during game development it can better fit the GUI and log sytem, and vice versa. Last thing i know Starshoy was not associated with BoB dev, could have changed though, it's old.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/02/07 12:31 AM

Reasons for new maps even if not in DGen:
1. New terrain for online wars.

Don't play online, so this means nothing to me (nor the majority of IL2 players)

2. Campaigns and missions can be made in Full Mission Builder.

Stand alone campaigns are a pale cousin of playing through a career in DGen and trying to keep your pilot alive.

3. Possible inclusion in UberQuick Mission Generator and that other dogfight generator.

Again...means nothing to us "Walter Mitty" types who want a career to fly in.

Never liked DCG for IL2. I could never get DCG to operate as satisfactorily as DGen. It was essential for CFS II though.

Maybe...but Vadim has been VERY silent of late, if he's even still involved.

6. Free stuff makes update patches more fun.

Not when they are not usable with the games standard campaign generator.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/02/07 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Skycat

We've been hearing that for a long, long, long time now. I'm with TonyEH on this one - the support for Dgen within the past 6-12 months has been very underwhelming. Burma was the last map to be integrated into Dgen, right? And how long ago was that? When was the last time Starshoy posted here (or anywhere, for that matter)? As much fun as I've had in my limited time with the new Bessarabia map, there's been this nagging thought inside me that says it'll never make it into Dgen, even though it would be perfect to expand a number of campaigns for a number of nations.

I'm really worried if this is the type of support the offline campaign will receive in SoW. Irregular, infrequent updates to the game's official campaign engine via a third-party website cannot and do not suffice.

Agreed....in fact, I think Starshoy should hand over the reigns of DGen to somebody else if he's not interested anymore, Ian perhaps?

Don't get me wrong, I think Vadim is a standup lad and I appreciated his input into IL2 over the years, but he's all but disappeared from here.

...and I am dying to put the Kiev map into my Southern Front DGen campaign (as well as Bessarabia of course). Both maps will flesh out the Army Group South campaigns hugely.

In fact, the Kiev map was the ONLY reason I bought 1946 in the first place and I haven't been able to do anything with it. Well, that and so I could eventually upgrade to 4.09. But 4.09 will be meaningless to me if I can't use the maps in DGen.

Tony

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/02/07 01:23 AM

Quote:
Stand alone campaigns are a pale cousin of playing through a career in DGen and trying to keep your pilot alive.

While there is nothing wrong with DGen, I actually prefer stand alone campaigns.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/02/07 09:20 AM

Starshoy is no part of IL2 dev team. He's been hired to provide dgen campaigns for commercial releases (FB,AEP then PF, +BOE), he's not paid any more for additional free stuff. AFAIK, he never really played the game (too busy working on it, then enjoying other games).

And what new content did Starshoy provide for the 1946 DVD? None! The Pe-2 addon? Again, none! It took later updates, released on these very forums, to get updated campaigns for aircraft such as the Pe-2 and Ju 88 and maps such as Burma. Now, it seems like a pretty poor strategy to me if you have to search a third-party forum (or the Ubisoft forum, for that matter), to find and to download updates to the game's campaign generator. These types of things need to be included in official releases/addons or patches, or barring that, posted on the official site's main page with a download link to said Dgen updates.

Now, before someone misunderstands me, I greatly appreciate the work Starshoy has done in the past with Dgen. He's a smart guy who is greatly responsible for extending the shelf life of the game, especially for those whose forte is not online gaming. My whole issue is that, somewhere along the way, official, reasonable support for Dgen became a lower priority for Ubi/1C, and updates to Dgen became fewer and far between. That's what has me upset. We have some great maps and new aircraft that are wonderful additions to the game, but without official support from the developers and publishers they aren't of much use. That's what I'm hoping will not be the case with SoW.
Posted By: yogy

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/02/07 01:48 PM

Okay, I figured I've tormented you all long enough. Behold, Bessarabia:

[...]

-It's HUGE. Think Kurland-size and you'll have a good idea. Lots of terrain to cover here.
-Relatively flat, but plenty of waterways and nicely-textured fields.
-Port facilities: best I've seen to date.
-Airfields: lots of variety, all superbly done.
-Performance: all my tests have been done at maximum detail, 1600x1200 resolution, without any issues.

In short, you guys will like this map. Great for both 1941 and 1944 scenarios.

Luke, you seem to be a bit incontinent :D. I didn't give it to you so that you can throw it around in the open, did I? Anyway, good that you like it.

There will be some improvements in the final version which will majke the map different from those pictures. If the Slovaks are really that slow, maybe I can put in some more airfields for the bad bad Communists ;).

Regarding DGEN: I'd also love to see Bessarabia and Kiew integrated in the southern campaigns of DGEN... well... hmmm...Vadim ;\) ?

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/02/07 06:55 PM

I'd also like to see the Norway and 'little Italy' maps included in DGen for the RAF possibilities. Will that be possible with 4.09?

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/02/07 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyEH

In fact, the Kiev map was the ONLY reason I bought 1946 in the first place and I haven't been able to do anything with it. Well, that and so I could eventually upgrade to 4.09. But 4.09 will be meaningless to me if I can't use the maps in DGen.

Tony

You can still build some pretty convincing missions for yourself using the Kiev map in the full mission builder and fly them offline?

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 11:25 AM

Well, I know Troop......but the point is, I want to play on these maps within a career. Single missions and a stand alone "campaign" with a few mickey mouse missions in it doesn't do anything for me at all.

I'm an "old style" simmer. I believe a flight sim is nothing, if there's no dynamic career to fly in. DGen is the heart and soul of IL2, even with its limitations and any map that's released (including the online maps) should be available for use in it.

Tony
Posted By: 76.IAP-Blackbird

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 12:03 PM

The only thing I want is to resize the Pilot, it`s 20% to large! Can someone send this to ianboys <---this was approved from Oleg itself!
Posted By: Indy

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 03:08 PM

Slovakia - some new screens. The time is near.
http://www.letka13.sk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1820&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=705
http://www.letka13.sk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1820&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=720
http://www.letka13.sk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1820&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=735

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 04:44 PM

"The only thing I want is to resize the Pilot, it`s 20% to large! Can someone send this to ianboys <---this was approved from Oleg itself!"

Of all the difficult research put into this sim, they missed the relative size of a human being, simply amazing. Heads as big as beach balls lol.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 06:34 PM

Er.. I'm lost. Pilot, head size?..
Looking at those forums and the latest pictures.. Some great work gone into that map.. Very impressed. The last thing I'm worried about is quibling about pilot size.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 07:03 PM

Hey Tony! some of us spend months at a time building those 'mickey mouse' missions. Don't want to sound oversensitive but there's no need to insult us for trying.
EAF602Whizz
Posted By: No105_Ogdens

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 07:06 PM

Personally I find those so called "mickey mouse" missions far better than anything DGen spits out.
Posted By: NealG

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 07:19 PM

Well, I know Troop......but the point is, I want to play on these maps within a career. Single missions and a stand alone "campaign" with a few mickey mouse missions in it doesn't do anything for me at all.

I'm an "old style" simmer. I believe a flight sim is nothing, if there's no dynamic career to fly in. DGen is the heart and soul of IL2, even with its limitations and any map that's released (including the online maps) should be available for use in it.

Tony

Er...eh, yes, Tony, that might have been hastily phrased there. While I understand what you are trying to say, these 3rd party campaigns are far from 'mickey mouse' missions; they are wonderfully designed and created, many with fantastic briefings and a immsersive quality that DGen ( and even DCG ) has lacked. I personally have dozens, and there isn't a 'bad' one in the mix ; I enjoy some more than others, yes, but all the ones I have tried so far are top-notch, with missions that are filled with a plethora of things to do and see, and outcomes/flights that are far from boring.

I too prefer DGen, would love to see it brought up to level with recent map releases, but as long as there are wonderful people out there who are willing to share their talent and ability with those of us who can't, we are a fortunate group of offline campaigners indeed. No offense meant to you.....I am sure you are just a victim of a hastily written post there.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 10:56 PM

Quote:
While I understand what you are trying to say, these 3rd party campaigns are far from 'mickey mouse' missions;

To be honest, the quality of user made campaigns has much improved over the last two year, before there were not that many worth playing, with authors spending much time on builder ; before there was maybe one every 2/3 months, now there are even too many of excellent quality to play them all

Plus the replayability problem.... when playing DiD and dying after 5 missions, it's quite boring to replay the 5 first missions; but, anyway, there are excellent 2rd pty campaigns now, Tony should try at least the ones wich had the best critics. Now i don't know any on the Kiev map, is there one yet ?
Posted By: steeldelete

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/03/07 11:12 PM

Thank you very much for all the campaigns I was able to download for free and all the work that has been put in the new maps and for writing so much for this thread. I can hardly remember when I was bored the last time. Things are a lot more exciting since IL2.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/04/07 01:39 AM

Not to play my own accordian, but here's an example of Walter Mitty-ism gone rampant in a user made campaign:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2278237&page=1#Post2278237

(Hopefully I'll update it tonight with pics of the next episode/mission)

I've never gotten this excited from a dGen campaign.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/04/07 02:36 AM

"Looking at those forums and the latest pictures.. Some great work gone into that map.. Very impressed. The last thing I'm worried about is quibling about pilot size."

It wouldn't bother me either, except they make the planes look too small. It wouldn't matter to me if they left pilots out all together, but as long as they are in there they ought to be the right size, IMHO.
Posted By: Nimits

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/04/07 03:01 AM

Never liked DCG for IL2. I could never get DCG to operate as satisfactorily as DGen. It was essential for CFS II though.

I used to feel the same way about DCG, but delving deeper into how the engine works, I have become very impressed with it; at this point it integrates into the 1946 interface seamlessly (or at least as much as DGen), and I believe that all other things being equal, DCG, not DGen, should have been the campaign engine used for the commercial releases of IL-2. DCGs one main fault is that alot its default campaigns and careers are not terribly historically accurate, but DGen, with the exception of a handful 3rd party created campaigns, suffers from the exact same problem. Like DGen, many of the DCG third party campaigns are quite good.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/04/07 11:33 AM

Hey Tony! some of us spend months at a time building those 'mickey mouse' missions. Don't want to sound oversensitive but there's no need to insult us for trying.
EAF602Whizz

Ah, I don't mean any offence Billy. I'm just annoyed that I can't play on these great new maps in the games campaign engine.

I know a lot of work goes into some stand alone campaigns....but unfortunately, they do nothing for me and I never feel like I am progressing anywhere.

Tony

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/04/07 12:35 PM

Tony
Originally Posted By: Nimits

I used to feel the same way about DCG, but delving deeper into how the engine works, I have become very impressed with it; at this point it integrates into the 1946 interface seamlessly (or at least as much as DGen), and I believe that all other things being equal, DCG, not DGen, should have been the campaign engine used for the commercial releases of IL-2. DCGs one main fault is that alot its default campaigns and careers are not terribly historically accurate, but DGen, with the exception of a handful 3rd party created campaigns, suffers from the exact same problem. Like DGen, many of the DCG third party campaigns are quite good.

I'm impressed by Paul's work too. DCG IS a great program, but I couldn't really get on with it for IL2. One of the main problems is that it doesn't utilise the full map and the flight times can be quite short too.

But let me explain how I actually use DGen...

I have DGen only generate recon flights or bomber flights....there's no fighter aircraft generated, unless they are escorts.

Then I dump in the aircraft from .mis files that I have created myself. These involve flights of many different aircraft going about the business (patrolling, attacking etc). These flights were created using the map in question and have different numbers, fuel levels, flight paths, skill levels and start times. Some flights are simply passing through the map, in other words, they start and finish off map.

I cannot remember what these flights consist of or where they go and the number of flight files I've made for certain maps are quite large.

This creates a truly random IL2 experience for me and has injected a much needed boost into IL2. It's quite something to be bounced by 16 LaGG-3's when you're low on fuel and heading home. Obviously, there are some hot spot areas...like Leningrad, which will have standing patrols (but the start times may be different to the player flight).

So, DGen simply generates my mission area......the rest in unknown.

And a free hunt mission really is a free hunt mission. \:\)

Tony
Posted By: Avimimus

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/04/07 01:35 PM

Okay, I figured I've tormented you all long enough. Behold, Bessarabia

I just got here...

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/04/07 01:38 PM

I agree that Starshoy should either be more integrated into the product as sold or should receive more 3rd party help. I guess this release of 4.09 means that the CW-21 and S.328 are gone? Or will there be a 5.0 after SOW:BOB is released?

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/04/07 03:06 PM

I'm impressed by Paul's work too. DCG IS a great program, but I couldn't really get on with it for IL2. One of the main problems is that it doesn't utilise the full map and the flight times can be quite short too.

That was a problem, but if I remember correctly the usable area has been expanded on most maps and flight times are mostly influenced by the player-set action radius; I know with Finland the real problem seems to be that flight time are very long \:\)

But what you are doing, you'll probably get as good an experiance as with either standard DGen or DCG, but I do not think I'd have the patience for your method . . .!

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/04/07 06:50 PM

Hey Tony, no real offense taken mate, honestly. I was just making the point on behalf of all the campaign builders.
I like DGen too because of the random element, although the briefings and other details that are sometimes out of context can often be annoying unless someone such as Nimitz, Boelcke, Ian Boys or one of the other serious people really put the time into it. I'm glad their work is available to enjoy as it greatly enhances the game.
Dart, I love your story. That's exactly why I build scripted campaigns, to enjoy a story that's accurate within the context of history. It's a completely different thing from DGen. Didn't the original Il2 only have scripted campaigns?
Anyway I hope that the newer maps are included within DGen soon and I hope we can have more RAF campaigns for DGen too.
Posted By: Tigersharky

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/05/07 05:44 AM

What are the rumors on flyable planes in the next patch? any?
Posted By: jeanba

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/05/07 12:47 PM

Yes, many rumors
Posted By: Slikk

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/05/07 01:36 PM

I would really like to see a flyable B-17 bomber, with it's own 3D cockpit.

Slikk

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/05/07 01:56 PM

Hey Tony, no real offense taken mate, honestly. I was just making the point on behalf of all the campaign builders.
I like DGen too because of the random element, although the briefings and other details that are sometimes out of context can often be annoying unless someone such as Nimitz, Boelcke, Ian Boys or one of the other serious people really put the time into it. I'm glad their work is available to enjoy as it greatly enhances the game.
Dart, I love your story. That's exactly why I build scripted campaigns, to enjoy a story that's accurate within the context of history. It's a completely different thing from DGen. Didn't the original Il2 only have scripted campaigns?
Anyway I hope that the newer maps are included within DGen soon and I hope we can have more RAF campaigns for DGen too.

I wrote my own briefings for DGen aeons ago, but they were over written by mistake when I updated to patch 3.blah or whatever it was.

Yes the original IL2 had scripted missions, but I never played them. Starhoy's original DGen also had scripted missions all created before you flew the first mission in the campaign. This method wasn't bad as you could insert any user made mission anywhere in the campaign structure.

Tony
Posted By: Airway

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/05/07 03:51 PM

The rumours of no 4.09 patch, no BoB, no "Kots" and no Korea sim by RRG are bigger than the rumours of new flyable planes in a coming patch.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/05/07 08:37 PM

You never know.. you just never know...
Posted By: Rama

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/05/07 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Airway
The rumours of no 4.09 patch, no BoB, no "Kots" and no Korea sim by RRG are bigger than the rumours of new flyable planes in a coming patch.

The bigger the rumor are, the more the're wrong.... as usual...
4.09 elements are curently in beta-tests.
Bob, KoS and Korea dev is going on... no matter the rumors...
Posted By: 76.IAP-Blackbird

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/05/07 10:54 PM

The patch is out!!!!!!!!

in two weeks!
Posted By: Hawkw1nd

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/06/07 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By: jeanba
Yes, many rumors
Posted By: No105_Ogdens

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/06/07 12:49 PM

Sorry, it was me! \:\)

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/06/07 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: No105_Ogdens
Sorry, it was me! \:\)

A WITCH !!!
BURN, BURN !!!!
Posted By: Mastiff

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 05:18 AM

bump? 3 more weeks?
Posted By: 3ra_Luke

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 05:37 AM

11 pages of useless info. Great..
Posted By: Hawkw1nd

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By: 3ra_Luke

Eight pages of useless info, to be precise \:\) ...

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 07:28 AM

Quote:

This is simhq forum : 90 % of the posts are simply gossips, and 100% of my posts are.
And I rate simhq as a good forum : in average forums, usefull posts are pure coincidences and mistakes.
Posted By: vpmedia

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 08:06 AM

Imagine, I submitted the new Yak defaults a year ago \:D
Posted By: Jutocsa

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 12:15 PM

Well István, you have to be patient..i submitted Re.2000 exactly 3 years ago \:\) Time flies really fast doesnt it.
Posted By: Enven

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 01:56 PM

I read this forum everyday...especially this damn thread...

and each day my beard grows longer.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 01:57 PM

Yes, many rumors

Technically though, all of these rumours are at least one or two years old and tied to the period before the release of IL2:1946. The CW-21 was ready as a flyable. The S.328, SM-79 and G.55 as AI.
I can't remember much else...
Posted By: Ming_EAF19

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 03:34 PM

each day my beard grows longer

And with each day the time to pounding Stukas off Dover shortens by the same amount. We need someone with big hair

Ming

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Avimimus
Yes, many rumors

Technically though, all of these rumours are at least one or two years old and tied to the period before the release of IL2:1946. The CW-21 was ready as a flyable. The S.328, SM-79 and G.55 as AI.
I can't remember much else...

I don't want to read those rumours because I don't want to be disappointed.

edited to avoid misunderstandings.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 05:00 PM

There is a rumor that I have a mouse in my apartment. But I haven't seen it yet.

I think we must insist.
Posted By: Sturm_Williger

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 05:46 PM

And the Fokker DXXI ... [/plaintive]

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 08:54 PM

I saw a mouse in my kitchen one morning. I walked back out of the kitchen, not being a splatter merchant and when I went back in a few seconds later he was gone. I never saw him again.

I still have no access to any weapons of mouse destruction but I think they can take a hint if they're smart.

Sorry, what's this thread about again?

Oh yeah, the missing Hawker Typhoon...that'll be lovely, is cash okay?

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 10:17 PM

Cool! I'd almost forgotten that poem!

Originally Posted By: "W.B. Yeats"
I know that I shall meet my fate
Somewhere among the clouds above;
Those that I fight I do not hate,
Those that I guard I do not love;
My country is Kiltartan Cross,
My countrymen Kiltartan's poor,
No likely end could bring them loss
Or leave them happier than before.
Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
A lonely impulse of delight
Drove to this tumult in the clouds;
I balanced all, brought all to mind,
The years to come seemed waste of breath,
A waste of breath the years behind
In balance with this life, this death.
Posted By: IceFire

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/11/07 11:22 PM

Tony

You mean like single player campaigns? I did a bit of research on the Kiev map...its a good map and might be worth making a campaign on although its somewhat restrictive in that its a somewhat limited timeframe that you can use it within. Still might be worth a FW190 campaign or a La-5 campaign or something like that.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/12/07 08:43 AM

I saw a mouse in my kitchen one morning. I walked back out of the kitchen, not being a splatter merchant and when I went back in a few seconds later he was gone. I never saw him again.

Did you buy the extension "Forgotten Mouse" ?
Did you download patch 4.09 with Flyable Mouse Splatter G6-U4/R11 ?

Because the Mouse Splatter 406 is not flyable.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/12/07 08:50 AM

Kiev Map can be used for the battle of Kiev in 1941 and for the liberation of Kiev, between september 1943 (Kanev airborn opération) to the begining of December 1943, which would mean for instance 2 DGEN or DCG campaigns.
If a Winter version existed, we could play 1/2 of the "Korsun/Cherkassy pocket" operations ...
Wikipedia links :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kiev_(1943)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kiev_%281941%29

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/12/07 09:37 AM

Are meeses DGen compatible Jeanba?

Squog you're a man of taste
Posted By: Joe90

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/12/07 02:58 PM

Next time, splat the little Fokker, you need to be sure about these things.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/12/07 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe90

Mice are overmodelled, they outturn a cat in a dogfight.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/12/07 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: IceFire

Tony

You mean like single player campaigns? I did a bit of research on the Kiev map...its a good map and might be worth making a campaign on although its somewhat restrictive in that its a somewhat limited timeframe that you can use it within. Still might be worth a FW190 campaign or a La-5 campaign or something like that.

No, I mean I want to be able to fly on the Kiev map withing the Southern Front DGen campaign...not a stand alone campaign.

I just want DGen to recognise the damn map...I'll do the rest.

Tony
Posted By: HarryM

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/12/07 04:18 PM

Without an update to DGEN that won't happen, and it appears to be abandoned by Starshoy.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/12/07 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe90

Mice are overmodelled, they outturn a cat in a dogfight.

That can't happen! neither of them are dogs!

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/13/07 08:05 AM

No, I mean I want to be able to fly on the Kiev map withing the Southern Front DGen campaign...not a stand alone campaign.

Tony

What I would like to play is a "II/JG54 end of war campaign" : starting in Kiev, then Leningrad, then Kurland
A "JG52" starting in Bessarabia, then Kiev ... would also be very interesting.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/13/07 01:25 PM

"Without an update to DGEN that won't happen, and it appears to be abandoned by Starshoy"

I REALLY hope that's not the case.

Tony

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/13/07 03:11 PM

I finally found the mouse. It was in the drawer of my wife's underwear. It was quite dead, I can't imagine why, was it to hot? We found it after we came back from vacation. It does not smell very good.

It's like with the news of the patch, we must insist or else it will start to smell bad.

There is a mouse in the house, who will be the first to find it?

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/14/07 07:59 PM

Just to keep this fun thread alive (and rodent free) is there a link to information regarding finished aircraft that were never included for one reason or another. I know the days of new aircraft are probably in the past but I'd like to look and see the work that was done before. Was there ever a Typhoon or other RAF types ready but never used?
Posted By: HarryM

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/14/07 08:23 PM

Ones that I know of that were close to done or done:
Curtis CW-21 Demon http://www.pacific-fighters.com/ss/CW-21_011.jpg
Fokker D.XXI http://www.pacific-fighters.com/ss/Fokker_D-XXI_04.jpg
Avia B-534 http://www.pacific-fighters.com/ss/Avia_B-534_031.jpg

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/15/07 05:35 PM

Nice. Never mind crap planes..here come the funnies! That CW21 is a strange looking fighter. I think there are a few others out there in a cyber drawer somewhere...SM79 etc. I'm sure someone was doing a Tiffie a few years back.

If the other version of the Avia 534 with the cut down rear fuselage and open cockpit was ever included it would look good in some Hawker Fury skins. Ha, Im imagining what hacks could be made from a model that doesn't exist, there must be a word for that.
Posted By: DavidWa

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/15/07 07:22 PM

Im getting sick of the Net code bug they put back in 4.08... GIVE US THE PATCH PLEASE.... were sick of UFO's

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/15/07 11:15 PM

I'm sure someone was doing a Tiffie a few years back.

Yes - One was created and sent off to 1C:Maddox Games, but it was rejected because the method of creating the aircraft was 'incorrect' to 1C:Maddox Games' specifications. That was a couple of years ago now - might have even been 2004!

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/16/07 04:25 AM

Wasn't there a floatplane version of the Avia 534? That would be a great stand in for all the IJN float biplane scouts (F1M, E7K, E8N etc.) that we seem destined never to get . . .
Posted By: VonBarb.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/16/07 05:25 AM

Whatever new goodies come with the next patch, it should at least include those planes so many people spent so many hours developping. It just wouldn't be fair to release the last ever patch for this game engine without including the great work fans have done over the years.

Of course, the Tiffie and flyable MS.406 are the first to come to mind... BTW, how far is the H-81 cockpit from the P-36/H-75/Mohawk MK I-II's ? I guess that one could be made flyable quite easily ?

Cheers

Nico

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/16/07 08:48 AM

Well, if they would not build a flyable B5N or TBD because they only make part of the cockpit 100% accurate, I doubt they would allow the H-81 cockpit for the P-36.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/16/07 10:28 AM

Yes - One was created and sent off to 1C:Maddox Games, but it was rejected because the method of creating the aircraft was 'incorrect' to 1C:Maddox Games' specifications. That was a couple of years ago now - might have even been 2004!

Well, I hate to say that, but from what I remember of the Typhoon, the fact that the method of creating the aircraft was 'incorrect' was a minor problem.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/16/07 07:01 PM

Fingers crossed I suppose, but I think it's unlikely that we'll have those aircraft for whatever reasons. A Hawk 75 would be nice because at last we could have a proper Battle of France campaign with French and even Polish fighter careers. It would be nice for the Burma map as well and of course could be added to the Finnish career.

But for me I'd give my eye teeth for the major missing types. We all know what they are.
Posted By: IceFire

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/16/07 07:29 PM

Well, I hate to say that, but from what I remember of the Typhoon, the fact that the method of creating the aircraft was 'incorrect' was a minor problem.

Typhoon model was created by Harti. Unfortunately the method was the problem as the model looked pretty decent overall but the mesh was not properly done (not a closed mesh, vertext problems, etc.). In other words it would have been fine to use in 3D rendered movie but wouldn't work with any game engines out there.

It was a disappointment to the Tempest/Typhoon enthusiasts but thats what happened. Alex Vociu had time for just one (Tempest or Typhoon) and the Tempest was much further along. There are also more changes between the two models than most people appreciate (I didn't know or understand how many differences there were).

So the 3D model being incorrect was probably 99% of it.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/16/07 07:46 PM

A sad story IceFire. Love it or hate it you just can't have a Normandy campaign without the Typhoon. The Tempest is a real thoroughbred fighter and a great machine to have in the game. It's like having only the P63 for the Eastern front and having to use it as a P39 hack.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 09/16/07 07:51 PM

A sad story IceFire. Love it or hate it you just can't have a Normandy campaign without the Typhoon. The Tempest is a real thoroughbred fighter and a great machine to have in the game. It's like having only the P63 for the Eastern front and having to use it as a P39 hack.
Posted By: WWSandMan

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/01/08 06:27 AM

(August 26, 2007 02:27 AM) ...should be released soon.

That is all I have to say. ;\)

Just thought I'd revisit an old thread and relive the 'glory days' when we were actually expecting 4.09 to be released. A good ten months since this thread was started by LukeFF, and well over a year (Feb '07) since 4.08m was released. That's about what? Twenty years in internet time?

((sigh))

I know, I know... "when it's done".

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/01/08 11:23 AM

Yeah, yeah...so I was a bit off in my prediction... \:D

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/01/08 12:03 PM

Give him two months and all he was wrong about was the year \:D
Posted By: I B Spectre

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/01/08 10:28 PM

It would be nice if the last "official" update to the IL-2 series went out with a bang. Something as monumental for the finale as it was with its debut. My, how we've all been shaped by this upstart little flight sim from Russia. We've had quite a love/hate relationship with it, at least I know I have. We watched as a newcomer lead developer conversed with the community, answered questions and even implemented user's ideas. Those were heady times. Now there's rarely word from the developer, even as more frequent updates on the new project are "promised". English for "promise" and Russian for "promise" are not the same thing. The developer and his associates soured on dealing with the array of personalities encountered in internet forums. Though the pro-Oleg supporters probably outnumbered those with complaints, it seems the MG group were more affected by the negatives than the positives. We watched patches fix things and break others. Like other junkies, we couldn't wait to get another "fix" a short time after the last one, always hoping for a better experience than the last.

At this point, I just hope the wait will be justified. I fear the reason given for the extreme delay in the final patch, that being the inability to pull resources away from SoW:BoB, will not result in a half-baked and disappointing release where the most amazing attribute is the excellent Slovakia map. I don't even care anymore if there are no new airplanes (gave up on that one quite awhile ago). If I could get just one thing, one thing that could extend my flagging interest in the series, it would be for a serious improvement in the AI. What we've got in 4.08 is a return to an earlier model in which the AI's superior ability to extract performance from their aircraft leading to ridiculous chases toward low earth orbit. So sad to see something get fixed, only to see it reinserted at a later time. Steps backward are hard to take. In the meantime, we'll keep a happy thought...all the while not expecting too much. It keeps the disappointment to a minimum. After that, the next hope is for IL-2 to become abandonware. Then maybe we can see it move toward the light again.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/02/08 05:19 AM

Er... That was Il2:1946 & the bonus CD (which was a bang in my opinion).
4.09 will have only the new maps we have in the beta (but improved versions with their own seasons).

Oleg has come through on all of his promises except one (improved weather and gliders in AEP). All he has said is that he is trying to produce regular development updates.

As for the AI, I think the fact is simple: The East is a delicate matter.

Don't worry BoB's Sow will be around in a few weeks.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/02/08 05:28 AM

Yeah, yeah...so I was a bit off in my prediction... \:D

I didn't notice. Time advances in discrete intervals. Each of these intervals is called a "Two weeks". Hence, from my perspective, time hasn't advanced at all. >this is intelligent insanity if you intend to survive in these forums for long< You young'uns ought to consider learning it. S!

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/02/08 08:37 AM

Tick-tock, two weeks: seems like forever

But won't we smile a mile wide on realistic-physics weather

Ming

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/02/08 12:44 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*snort*

Did summat say patch...?

False alarm...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/03/08 02:07 PM

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the beta released last December which would now be 7 months ago? I guess they are doing a lot of beta testing to make sure its ok.
Posted By: -Avatar-

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/03/08 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the beta released last December which would now be 7 months ago? I guess they are doing a lot of beta testing to make sure its ok.

You've got to love an optimist! \:\) I hope you're right in that that is the case.
Posted By: Boilerplate*

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/03/08 05:19 PM

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

(Sorry.. that's from something else).
Posted By: Tree

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/03/08 10:02 PM

The 409 patch will be released soon, i know this. Well actually i don't but i am going to be a lot nearer the mark than Luke with is insider contacts.

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/03/08 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Boilerplate*

Someday, the Floydians will rule the planet.

"And the sun is eclipsed by the moooooooon..."
Posted By: SYN_Speck

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/04/08 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Goodwood
 Originally Posted By: Boilerplate*

Someday, the Floydians will rule the planet.

"And the sun is eclipsed by the moooooooon..."

Tired and lying in the sunshine,
Staying home to fly a plane,
And you are young and life is long,
OMG! Going down in flames!

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/04/08 09:03 AM

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

Until then please use the hard shoulder

Ming
Posted By: IvanK

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/04/08 10:49 AM

Hey Ming I think the 4 July is the night of planetary alignment

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/04/08 12:53 PM

Also the night that Planet PhysX is seen for the first time over London, bunging a BFG PPU card in there later just in case Oleg's on the ball

At 20 billion instructions/second it could eclipse my wife's efforts

Ming
Posted By: WWSandMan

Re: Patch 4.09... - 07/04/08 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Ming_EAF19
At 20 billion instructions/second it could eclipse my wife's efforts

... checking six, all clear.

LMAO!

... ... ooops, not as clear as I thought it was!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums