homepage

Win10 and FPS?

Posted By: Knegel

Win10 and FPS? - 01/14/21 09:42 PM

Hi,

last weekend my old PXC (Win7) died, now i got a new PC with Win10. Its way faster than the old and EAW runs fine, wihout garblet screens, like before.

Strangewise the FPS is pretty low, compared to my old PC. I was used to get 60fps normally and 30fps wehn it got croweded. Now 30fps is max and its going down to 20fps, maybe less.

And iam running just 1024x768!

Is there a way to get a better performence, compatibility mode or so??

Thanks in advance!

Knegel
Posted By: MarkEAW

Re: Win10 and FPS? - 01/15/21 02:18 AM

not sure why nobody is telling you, but win10 nearly halves the fps from win7 as you noticed. Then it lowers down from there instead of a steady 60fps like on win7.

Its not just the EAW game thats effected, many games are.
I've tried and researched and tested different things but never was able to have a good game of EAW to run like it use too. I've contacted with feedback to Microsoft a few years ago, but the lower FPS hasn't increased.

I still do reasearch now and then, but I can't find the true cause, therefore can't solve it with shims or special modes.
Just DX wrappers seem to for some speed up the game.
Posted By: SkyHigh

Re: Win10 and FPS? - 01/15/21 09:07 AM

I find good results with DgVoodoo2, but I'm on Win 7. One can emulate an old video card with it (choice of several). I get a peak of 30 fps, but it doesn't go below mid-twenties in even the most intense graphic situations.
Posted By: MrJelly

Re: Win10 and FPS? - 01/15/21 12:18 PM

I just got 60 fps in Win10 running in Glide with nGlide.
We imported Glide3 thanks to Zeus a few years ago, but one essential is the eaw.ini being set to the default 1024x768.

My nGlide configuration setting has the size set to 1920x1080 which is my monitor default. This maintains the round gunsight, but gives the black panels either side of the screen. The on-screen appearance is much better than the screenie, but you can make out the 60 fps smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Win10 and FPS? - 01/15/21 04:08 PM

Thanks Tony, it works now with the wrapper!
Posted By: cass

Re: Win10 and FPS? - 01/16/21 03:13 PM

This is not really framerate related but it is Win10 issue....

So i decided to try and get EAW running on my laptop with win10. I have installed UAW 1.6 to an old HD that I connect via a USB / HD connector. It works well for carrying my games around without taking up space on my desktop or laptop systems.

Anyway.

I have it up and running. Main screens are flawless, love that. I ran it in D3D first and had issues with black squares on the gun sight and black background to sprites so I used Nglide and switched to glide. Only to have this happen

[Linked Image] https://simhq.com/forum/tmp/28607.jpg

Additionally I get a missing file error "msflxgd.ocx" when trying to run dsp2020multiplayer.exe in the UAW directory.

any ideas? I may bring a joystick with me on my next work rotation so i can do some flying if i can get this working on my laptop.

Thanks

Dan

Attached picture European Air War 2021-01-16 9_38_26 AM.jpg
Posted By: Lolo Kramp

Re: Win10 and FPS? - 01/16/21 04:52 PM

It may be linked to the graphic card...

On my Laptop with Windows 7, I get pb for some specific skin colors in Glide Mode (Using NGlide emulator) using the view object option of the main menu : lot's of them are made transparent, but most of the transparent colors are then correct when I play the game in single mission mode for instance (hence 2 way different of rendering colors).

But I got also pb in game with some colors that are completly changed in game.

Example below is a beautiful skin for SM79 Sparviero from Captain Kurt for SAW campaign, which work good in D3D, but when using Glide + NGlide some yellow/sand colors turns to pale green and red/brown turns to fluo red !

The only way I found to fix it is to repaint the wrong colors in the skin with some colors ok for the graphic card.

Lolo

Attached picture SM79 wrong colors.jpg
Attached picture SM79 good colors.jpg

Re: Win10 and FPS? - 01/17/21 02:00 PM

Thanks LK, i will have a look at the tutorials for skinning. It was only the p40 , there were also some hurricanes on the mission and the skins were fine.

Re: Win10 and FPS? - 01/18/21 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by cass
This is not really framerate related but it is Win10 issue....

So i decided to try and get EAW running on my laptop with win10. I have installed UAW 1.6 to an old HD that I connect via a USB / HD connector. It works well for carrying my games around without taking up space on my desktop or laptop systems.

Anyway.

I have it up and running. Main screens are flawless, love that. I ran it in D3D first and had issues with black squares on the gun sight and black background to sprites so I used Nglide and switched to glide. Only to have this happen

[Linked Image] https://simhq.com/forum/tmp/28607.jpg

Additionally I get a missing file error "msflxgd.ocx" when trying to run dsp2020multiplayer.exe in the UAW directory.

any ideas? I may bring a joystick with me on my next work rotation so i can do some flying if i can get this working on my laptop.

Thanks

Dan

Hi,

the "msflxgd.ocx" file is one of the needed Runtimefiles, i think in Mr.Jellys D/L list you will find a "MedPackage", this will install the runtimefiles to your PC.
btw. look to your private messages!

Re: Win10 and FPS? - 01/20/21 03:14 PM

Perfect thanks Knegel!

i knew i read something on this error before but couldnt find it in the search. Couple of posts down on the download thread. Use the "Mission editor runtimes" download.

thanks for the PM i replied to it last week I think. Maybe i replied to the thread?

Dan
© 2024 SimHQ Forums