homepage

140 CDF version public release

Posted By: MrJelly

140 CDF version public release - 12/28/14 02:09 PM

Here is the link:
140CDFRV2

Download "140RV2CDF" first and run it where you want the EAW folder to be created.
It will create the "140RV2CDF" folder with a number of folders and files in it, including ETO and DAW.

Download "1-CDFs" next, put it in the "140RV2CDF" folder and run it there. It will add the CDFs and other stuff to the folder.

After that you can download "2-IRAQ", "3-SAW" and "4-SPAW" and run them in the "140RV2CDF" folder to install these theatres.

I am finding that the CDF versions are more stable than the no CDF RV1 in the newer operating systems smile

wink Jel
Posted By: Knegel

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 12/29/14 11:39 AM

Hi Tony,

in the ETO140 Dir.set file is a not existing PlaneSet0 folder listed. Since the Pic folder is listed afterward, it dont get read anymore, resulting in a Pic not found error, when one of the Pics shal get loaded(specialy the Map picture).
I made me a correct Dir.set file and all is fine.

In the "ETO Barge train" Dir.set the PlaneSet0 entry is missing, so all is fine.

Greetings,

Knegel

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 12/29/14 05:02 PM

Thanks Ralf.
I am just setting up an XP machine.

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 12/30/14 03:55 PM

There is a Patch01 in the download folder (use the link in the first post).
It contains a new "DirSets" and a new "EAW Vesions" folder which are meant to replace the previous ones.
The "DirSets" contains a corrected file which fixes the fault that Ralf posted earlier in this thread.

The V2CDF exes were built from the V1 no CDF exes, with references to CDF files re-instated. These references are mainly all in one or two code files, but there were a couple in more obscure places that did not get re-activated.
As a result there were no radio messages in the ETO theatre, such as the one you get with Tab 7 1 to find the nearest enemy. This has been fixed and the "EAW Versions" folder has the corrected versions for the new and old maps.

wink
Posted By: rwatson

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 12/30/14 07:14 PM

Tony
Patch01 dosen't show using the link in the first post in this thread.

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 12/30/14 07:24 PM

This link might work

http://1drv.ms/1Bl9Jlo

I had uploaded the file to the folder thinking that anything in the folder was shared, so adding a file would be OK.
However, the file was not shared like the others, but I could not tell as I have access to everything in my OneDrive page.

wink

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 12/30/14 07:49 PM

Thank You Tony I got it.
when flying at game ranger is using voice comms necessary???I lost most of my hearing in Viet Nam and can't understand squat using a headset.If I try with my hearing aids in all they do is scream.

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 12/30/14 09:08 PM

We use TS3 when we can. The voice commands are useful, especially if there are problems with a player getting into the game when text messages are impossible, but they are not critical.
In the game the old text on the screen is fine, except for my case where the game thinks I have a US kbd but mine is French. A number of pairs are reversed. If I type "a" it shows "q", "z"<=>"w", and there are a few other pairs "?"<=>"m" is the trickiest LOL.
I'm getting used to pressing the right keys, but sometimes I'm in too much of a hurry smile

wink

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 01/01/15 11:32 AM

I think that I have managed to share the folder so try this link

http://1drv.ms/1wEtRdT

If it works I can add anything else that might be needed without the need for a new link.
I suspect that for the new map versions I did not include the TargMap.pic files for the other theatres, so I will make a patch to add them smile

wink Jel

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 01/01/15 11:59 AM

There is a "140CDFMapPatch" 7-zip in the OneDrive folder.
Download it and run it in your "140RV2CDF" folder smile

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 01/01/15 01:39 PM

All shows up fine here M8 Thank you

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 01/04/15 09:19 AM

The "NETTEXT.str" file in the "Text_eng.CDF" is the original. This file was updated for multiplayer when the Torpedo Strike mission was added, so the original one causes problems when mission type is switched in multiplayer.

The correct one is in the download folder: http://1drv.ms/1wEtRdT

It needs to go in the "140RV2CDF\Savedata" folder.

wink

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 03/02/15 09:05 AM

I have just added a Patch02 to the 140CDF installation folder at OneDrive.
The public link is:

http://1drv.ms/1wEtRdT

Patch02 overwrites the "savedata" folder with one containing EAW140 versions of a couple of files in the Data.CDF (which still contains the 1.28/1.29 versions of some files).
The exe will use the files in the "savdata" folder in preference to the ones in the CDFs.

It fixes a gunpods problem which Ralf had noted.

wink Jel
Posted By: BuleriaChk

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 03/02/15 03:25 PM

Many thanks. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

Chuck
Posted By: JulioJunqueira

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 03/04/15 11:16 PM

Hi Tony

Could you send to me please, the original PCXs for " aircraft’s Ordnance Loadout menu screens" (Allied & Axis)?
I can not find any trace of them in the 140RV2CDF folders.

Just trying to create something a little bit different in 1024x768 for both sides.

cheers
Posted By: komemiute

Re: 140 CDF version public release - 03/04/15 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: MrJelly
Here is the link:
140CDFRV2

Download "140RV2CDF" first and run it where you want the EAW folder to be created.
It will create the "140RV2CDF" folder with a number of folders and files in it, including ETO and DAW.

Download "1-CDFs" next, put it in the "140RV2CDF" folder and run it there. It will add the CDFs and other stuff to the folder.

After that you can download "2-IRAQ", "3-SAW" and "4-SPAW" and run them in the "140RV2CDF" folder to install these theatres.

I am finding that the CDF versions are more stable than the no CDF RV1 in the newer operating systems smile

wink Jel

Little Wonder- Is this the complete game?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums