homepage

EAW140 Public Release

Posted By: MrJelly

EAW140 Public Release - 12/13/14 07:00 PM

The files were at OneDrive and the link was here, but it has been lost.

http://1drv.ms/1G2HriK

140 is now so old and superseded by UAW160 that I will not attempt to replace it, so much of the information in this thread is redundant

wink Jel

3rd January 2020

The first file that you need is the "140basicRV1" which is a 7 zip self installer.

It can be run anywhere on your PC and it will create a fully working folder named "140basicRV1".

The only thing you need to add before launching is your "eaw.ini" file. I have included mine (myeaw.ini) to rename and try if you do not have one. If you do use mine then edit it so that the entry "VirtualCockpit=1" appears in the first section. If you leave it as "VirtualCockpit=0" you will not see the cockpit needles.

After installing you need to test it, and to do so you need to run the "DirSetExeManagerV5" and choose the exe, the "DefaultEAW" theatre and the planeset (1). EAW140 will CTD if no planeset is selected. At this stage none of the other theatres would have been installed. You do have a choice of exes for either the new map or the old.

[Linked Image]

Then you should be able to fly smile

On my Win 7 PC i need to use the "d3dwindower" program to avoid garbled maps for single mission selection.

Once it is working you can download the five other theatres. Again they are 7-zip self installers, but this time each one must be run in your "140basicRV1" folder.

wink Jel

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/15/14 04:43 PM

I have added the "d3dwindower" zipfile to the download page to provide a possible solution for Windows 7 users encountering bad screen graphics.

Download the zip and extract the two files in it. I put them in my "140basicRV1" folder:

The two files added are the "D3dHook.dll" and the "D3DWindower.exe".

Running the "D3DWindower.exe" gives an empty window:

Click on the "eaw.exe" and "DirSetExeManagerV5.exe" icons in your "140basicRV1" folder and drag them into the empty window:

You can now launch either program from this window (which will appear when you run the "D3DWindower.exe") by double clicking the icon.
EAW will run in windowed mode, with the selection screens in their natural resolution and the game in the resolution set in your "eaw.ini" file. I use less than full screen to accommodate the window borders.
I have no graphics problems when I use the windower, and the results in Windows 7 are much better.

Maybe because of its age and very old code some anti-virus programs treat the windower with suspicion, but I assure you that it is completely safe. I have been using it for over two years on various PCs.

wink
Posted By: rwatson

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/15/14 07:10 PM

Well Merry Christmas Tony!!! politically incorrect here and all
Posted By: trindade

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/15/14 07:27 PM

Thanks Jel smile
Posted By: JulioJunqueira

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/16/14 11:17 AM

Hi Tony

Great! Thank you. thumbsup

Just one question this version will need the CDFs files?
Posted By: Col. Gibbon

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/16/14 11:39 AM

Hi Julio.

It's a full file set, nothing else needed, wink

Tony.

I guess you came to the same conclusion as me, and it's great to have a full version finally available, just to download and play.

I just hope a few of our talented guys return to the fold and get involved again. smile
Posted By: JulioJunqueira

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/16/14 12:01 PM

Hi Col

Roger that. Thanks wave

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/16/14 12:23 PM

I have not releaed the CDF version and I may not bother.
The only theatre that needs it is the real FAW with its special manager and custom CDF files. I have already released a standalone FAW installation for the 140 exe, so I will update that version with the latest 140 exe.

It was great to see BPNZ active again earlier today smile
Posted By: Baron Von Martin

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/17/14 01:40 AM

Hello,

Just downloaded the files...(smiling like cat).
You're the man Jelly! This has been a long time in the making, countless hours and contributions. Congratulations and thank you!

S!

BVM

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/18/14 02:01 PM

With files and folders on two PCs here it is easy for things to go missing, and sometimes they do frown
We had a CTD online last night testing DAW, and the upshot was that the "Do17Z_FM" folder which used to be in the "Planes_ETO\Plane_FM\Axis\Do17_217" folder was AWOL.

There is a simple patch in the folder from which you downloaded the installation.
Run "6_Patch01" which is a 7-zip self-installer in your "140basicRV1" folder and it will put the missing folder in the correct place for you smile

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/20/14 10:23 AM

On the download page there is now a "7_Patch02" 7-zip which has two purposes.
I do not know how or why, maybe with the file creation or the upload itself, the winter terrain folder in ETO140 was incomplete. It is one we have used for years. So running the downloaded file in the 140basicRV1 folder will replace the current one with the complete version.

The second purpose is to install the new DirSetPicker (check the other thread for details) so that online hosts can select the mission without needing to set one up in single mission mode.

I have already set up files for several theatres, and they are included in the download.

wink

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/20/14 01:30 PM

Thank You Tony
Posted By: Recluse

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/20/14 06:45 PM

Question for you... I have your old 140 No CDF version and it works fine. I installed this new 140RV1(in a new folder) and when I launch it from D3DWindower, everything looks good until I launch a mission. Right after the fuel gauge timer, the screen goes blank and EAW CTD. I checked the D3DWindower settings and they look the same as the ones for the 140 Basic NO CDF version.

I installed the 2 patches (didn't work before that either) and selected the Default EAW Planeset 1. Haven't installed any other theaters yet.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

BTW, this is on XPSP3. Haven't tried it on my Win7 machine yet.

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/20/14 08:18 PM

do I need the old vb run times to run dirset manager??I get a runtime error library not registered when I try...It's the same on my older backup sets.Runs ok just using eaw.exe. Just cant switch dir sets..This is on a new win 7 setup and I dont have the vb files on it and cant find them

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/21/14 07:56 AM

Russ- the old OAWRuntimes is now in the download folder wink

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/21/14 08:05 AM

Recluse-
Sorry but no ideas at this stage other than to temporarily rename your "eaw.ini" file to force the exe to build a new one.
The patches will not affect the basic installation as they apply to the ETO01 material.

wink

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/21/14 01:51 PM

Tony went to on drive couldn't find it...A bit off today poppd a joint in my thumb and resetting it was hell..Thanks for any help

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/21/14 02:26 PM

I can feel the pain!

Did you use the link in the first post?

wink

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/21/14 02:36 PM

Thanks Tony was using an old pm link it shows now I'll test it and hope it works..

Re: EAW140 Public Release - 12/21/14 02:59 PM

Tony
At first it didn't work but after lots of googling I found this solution.
"" So, download scrrun.dll (here for example) and register it with regsrvr32.""

The error i was getting was Run-time Error '-2147319779 (8002801d)': Automation Error Library not Registered
And right now all my installs are working fine using the dirset picker ...Thanks for your help going for a fresh new install now
© 2024 SimHQ Forums