homepage

RIP Corporal LeBeau

Posted By: JohnnyChemo

RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/16/22 11:44 PM

Robert Clary has died at age 96. Thanks for the laughs, Hogan's Heroes was a classic and still holds its own today.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/robert-clary-dead-hogans-heroes-1235263555/
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/16/22 11:54 PM

And he was even a true Holocaust camp survivor; Buchenwald I believe.
Posted By: Snow46

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/17/22 01:09 AM

Most of us have no real idea what he and thousands of others went through. I do remember him from Hogan’s Hero’s, he will be missed. May he Rest In Peace.
Posted By: Tarnsman

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/17/22 01:48 AM

I remember him well from "Hogan's Heros" but I had no idea he was a Holocaust survivor.
He was a great character on a great show.
Rest in Peace.
Posted By: saghen

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/17/22 02:07 AM

RIP. Hogan's Heroes is my favorite TV show. As a child and today. I rewatch the series usually once a year.

I think he was the last surviving member of the cast, the main cast anyway. frown
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/17/22 02:51 AM

RIP

Never forget.

Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/17/22 04:23 AM

RIP
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/17/22 11:41 AM

RIP

It really blows the mind to think how a show like Hogan's Heroes even got made in the first place. It would be inconceivable today!
Posted By: JohnnyChemo

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/18/22 12:41 PM

Turns out most of the actors who played Nazis in the show were Jewish. I think I read that Werner Klemperer (Col Klink) took the gig with the understanding that the Germans always wound up looking foolish in the end.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/18/22 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo
Turns out most of the actors who played Nazis in the show were Jewish. I think I read that Werner Klemperer (Col Klink) took the gig with the understanding that the Germans always wound up looking foolish in the end.

Yup, both of those are correct at least based on the history I've read about the show. Both "Sgt. Schultz" and "Col. Klink" were Jewish.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: RIP Corporal LeBeau - 11/19/22 06:29 AM

Rest in Peace Robert.

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums