homepage

Captain Kirk videos

Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 03:06 AM

A computer only $300!!

How did he get to command a starship? He is scared of flying!

Grocery store commercial

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 11:45 AM

The 70's (until the very end in 1979) were very lean years for Shatner's acting career so he did quite a few commercials.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 12:21 PM

I remember watching that Twilight Zone episode but I didn't recall it being the Shat. I guess it was pre-Trek days.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky
I guess it was pre-Trek days.

Correct. That episode originally aired in 1963 so three years before ST: TOS.
Posted By: DM

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 12:28 PM

Must have ben en route to Starfleet academy.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 01:38 PM

He was in at least one other episode of the Twilight Zone, maybe more.

And he was the highlight in Airplane 2

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by wormfood

And he was the highlight in Airplane 2

You've got that right. Without him Airplane 2 would have been a totally forgettable sequel.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 02:00 PM

I enjoyed him in Sole Survivor, an old (TV?) movie where he played not the main character, but a rather dislikeable secondary character.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 02:52 PM

I've never seen Airplane 2. Looking at the comments, that 7 minutes with Shatner was the best of the movie. That opening gag with the door was just lol.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 04:25 PM

I remember watching that Twilight Zone episode but I didn't recall it being the Shat. I guess it was pre-Trek days.

Yep. He also did an episode of Ray Bradbury theater in 1985 titled "The Playground" and it is pretty bizarre.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 06:21 PM

I've never seen Airplane 2. Looking at the comments, that 7 minutes with Shatner was the best of the movie. That opening gag with the door was just lol.

Actually, IMHO, it a rare example of a sequel to a movie being pretty good. I highly suggest checking out.
Posted By: Force10

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 06:30 PM

While his Twilight Zone appearance gets the most attention...I remember him as an astronaut in an Outer Limits episode from 1964,

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Force10
.I remember him as an astronaut in an Outer Limits episode from 1964,

Heh, who knows? It might have been this performance which caught the attention of Gene Roddenberry. smile
Posted By: DBond

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 06:49 PM

Not much of a Shatner fan myself, but I'm a massive Columbo fan. And Shatner's character in one of his appearances (Butterfly in Shades of Grey) had in mind to shoot Columbo. No one shoots Columbo! Thankfully his plan was foiled, as Columbo considers all.

Shatner appeared in at least two episodes that I can recall offhand. One in the late 70's and this one in the mid-90s.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by DBond

Shatner appeared in at least two episodes that I can recall offhand. One in the late 70's and this one in the mid-90s.

Columbo ran into the mid 90's??

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 07:08 PM

Yeah it was a reboot of sorts. It ran (again) from 1989 to 2003 with prominent actors of the period like Andrew Stevens, Dabney Coleman and Norm from Cheers. These run every Saturday night on Cozi TV. Leads in to the Six Million Dollar Man smile

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 07:49 PM

Not much of a Shatner fan myself, but I'm a massive Columbo fan. And Shatner's character in one of his appearances (Butterfly in Shades of Grey) had in mind to shoot Columbo. No one shoots Columbo! Thankfully his plan was foiled, as Columbo considers all.

+1!

Big Columbo fan here as well...been watching them forever. I liked Shatner's character in the 70's version episode as a TV sleuth matching wits with Columbo...good stuff!

Leonard Nimoy also had a good character in an early Columbo episode as a surgeon.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 09:47 PM

A man of cultured taste. I don't want to derail this thread too much, I could always start a Columbo and Perry Mason thread if I wanted to smile

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/16/22 11:56 PM

2 Captain Kirk movies, free!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kidnapping_of_the_President

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_the_Spiders

https://moviesfoundonline.com/video/kingdom-of-the-spiders-1977/
Posted By: JohnnyChemo

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/17/22 01:34 AM

Nahh...nothing beats Shatner Sings!

Posted By: BD-123

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/17/22 10:15 AM

I recall he played the 'Big Giant Head' in "Third Rock from the Sun" comedy series, 1996.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/17/22 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by BD-123
I recall he played the 'Big Giant Head' in "Third Rock from the Sun" comedy series, 1996.

Yes he did and he was absolutely great in that role!
Posted By: Coot

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/18/22 07:49 AM

We love Colombo around here too. My Dad also loves Perry Mason and I enjoy it too. That Colombo with Leonard Nimoy I think is the only time I ever saw Colombo show his anger towards a suspect he knew was guilty. There's a scene where Nimoy is being particularly arrogant and Colombo proceeds to grab a pencil holder I think and slam it into his desk while staring him in the eye. It was quite wonderful actually lol. It was neat to see the righteous indignation that we know Colombo always has towards criminals who work evil actually be displayed. Its been awhile but I remember that Shatner episode being a good one. One of my favorites is the episode with Johnny Cash.

I really enjoyed Shatner's reprisal and acting as Kirk in Star Trek Generations.
Posted By: Dart

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/18/22 01:07 PM

Ah, William Shatner - sometimes maligned, but truly a Renaissance man when it comes to the entertainment industry.

The guy not only managed to perform a role in a movie using a made up language, he was lead on two TV shows, he's been a director, screen writer, and producer. Plus he is a successful science fiction writer.

Even his musical career is notable. Granted, his earlier work could be considered rather experimental, but it's still entertaining. His later work is actually very good.

Indeed, at work before we moved locations, Friday was William Shatner Day, where Alexa would have him voicing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds as we repaired aircraft. Deadpanning "Oh no, no, no, no" will still get an earnest and emphatic response of "I'm...a...rocket...man" in the shop, regardless of what is happening.

I think he's seriously under appreciated for his career.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/18/22 01:11 PM

I know the episode you're referring to with Nimoy, "A Stitch in Crime". Columbo never lost his cool so yeah that stood out. Dissolving sutures were the key to the crime.

Columbo was a neat twist, not a whodunnit, but what came to be called 'howcatchem'. The audience knows right from the start who did it.

Oh, just one more thing ma'am...

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/18/22 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dart
he was lead on two TV shows,

Actually 3!

ST: TOS
TJ Hooker
Boston Legal

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/18/22 06:42 PM

Sorry to derail the thread further...want to answer this one though.

Originally Posted by Coot
That Colombo with Leonard Nimoy I think is the only time I ever saw Colombo show his anger towards a suspect he knew was guilty.

I know the episode you're referring to with Nimoy, "A Stitch in Crime". Columbo never lost his cool so yeah that stood out.

In the pilot "Prescription Murder" he lays into the murderer's girlfriend accomplice pretty hard trying to get her to crack...probably more so than the Nimoy episode. Pfffftt...rookies! JK!

Agree with everything else...including Johnny Cash being one of my faves. Cash had some pretty reasonable answers to Columbo's questions I thought.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/18/22 07:21 PM

That was a great episode, and before Columbo became so frumpled. He was quite sharp in that one. There were actually two pilots I think. Prescription Murder was in the 60s and another pilot was done in the early 70s, which led to the series.

Swan Song is the name of the Cash episode. He was pretty good in that one.

I tried to narrow it all down to my favorite episode and found that's really hard to do. Maybe Etude in Black, which was directed by Nick Colasanto, Coach from Cheers. Or Any Port in a Storm. Bah, I could go on, it's too hard to pick one.

But I'm glad to see there are other fans of this great series. I watch it every week even though I've seen all episodes a bunch of times.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/18/22 09:07 PM

Posted By: vocatx

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/19/22 05:12 PM

There was a short-lived British series called Indian Detective where Shatner was the head of a crime syndicate. He did pretty well playing that part. It was a great series, but they cancelled it after only two or three seasons.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/22/22 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by vocatx
There was a short-lived British series called Indian Detective where Shatner was the head of a crime syndicate. He did pretty well playing that part. It was a great series, but they cancelled it after only two or three seasons.

I looked it up and it's actually a Canadian tv series. Shatner being Canadian himself I'm not surprised that he was on that series!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5797220/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/24/22 08:15 PM

Wrong engine room!

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/24/22 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Wrong engine room!

I don't think there was a set of the original ship for them to work with during that time. Since it was a commercial they had to work with what was available at the time.
Posted By: FsFOOT

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/25/22 09:13 AM

Captain Kirk was definitely one of the best characters. I totally appreciate William Shatner in this epic role. he really made the alchemy of the Star Trek l TV serieswork. portraying the noble Captain.

The show, the TV series were, as 'hokey' and low-tech sets and fake costumes could be.. ol.. one of the most important and influential series of lessons and food for thought one could find anyway.
Too bad most people just can't 'dig it'. Its over there heads. they rave about Star Trek and wear costumes go to Treky conventions but IMHO 99% missed the lessons entirely. Most people just want eye-candy and social

I mean even today practically the whole world is confused asking, 'Is there life on other planets anywhere?'.Well of course there is and the whole presentation of the original plot from the show by Gene Roddenberry actually starts out with this hand written pitch presented by Roddenbury.
It starts with the reference to the (non-fictional) mathematical theorem (at the time) estimating the numbers of stars and planets and the equation that proves theoretically that there are tons of planet like earth in the universe that can support life.
(I actually saw the manuscript offered for sale on a TV pawn show awhile ago.)
This is sort of just a background to the pitch.
Of course Star Trek goes way beyond that and entertains that the planet and life-forms do not necessarily have to be based from an earth-like planet and chemistry, but some lifeforms can exists as simple 'energy'.

Then also I could rave on about the other main character Spock. The Vulcan / half Human. And the planet Vulcan and there logic based civilization and the lessons thereoff. Again most of which is missed by the mass of humanoids of this planet.

Yes I was influenced a ton by William Shatner and I'm grateful for him and there is no way I could disregard him. I had shaken his hand like I did James Earl Jones another man of stellar character and immense learning and skills.
Yep The man was as genuine as they come and truly he was the noble 'renaissance man'.
Captain 'Jim" Kirk. The american ideal of yankee ingenuity taking on and solving (with Spock and the crew's help of course) the problems of space in a somewhat crowded universe.. and an even more crowded tiny low budget set.

Supposedly it was 'Gunsmoke' in space according to Leonard Nimoy. But that was far from what the lessons of the show has hidden in between the script lines.

Conception and setting

The Starfleet emblem as seen in the franchise
As early as 1964, Gene Roddenberry drafted a proposal for the science fiction series that would become Star Trek. Although he publicly marketed it as a Western in outer space—a so-called "Wagon Train to the Stars"—he privately told friends that he was modeling it on Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels, intending each episode to act on two levels: as a suspenseful adventure story and as a morality tale.[10][11][12][13]

Most Star Trek stories depict the adventures of humans and aliens who serve in Starfleet, the space-borne humanitarian and peacekeeping armada of the United Federation of Planets. The protagonists have altruistic values, and must apply these ideals to difficult dilemmas.

Many of the conflicts and political dimensions of Star Trek are allegories of contemporary cultural realities. The Original Series addressed issues of the 1960s, just as later spin-offs have tackled issues of their respective decades.[14] Issues depicted in the various series include war and peace, the value of personal loyalty, authoritarianism, imperialism, class warfare, economics, racism, religion, human rights, sexism, feminism, and the role of technology.[15]: 57  Roddenberry stated: "[By creating] a new world with new rules, I could make statements about sex, religion, Vietnam, politics, and intercontinental missiles. Indeed, we did make them on Star Trek: we were sending messages and fortunately they all got by the network."[15]: 79  "If you talked about purple people on a far off planet, they (the television network) never really caught on. They were more concerned about cleavage. They actually would send a censor down to the set to measure a woman's cleavage to make sure too much of her breast wasn't showing"[16]

Roddenberry intended the show to have a progressive political agenda reflective of the emerging counter-culture of the youth movement, though he was not fully forthcoming to the networks about this. He wanted Star Trek to show what humanity might develop into, if it would learn from the lessons of the past, most specifically by ending violence. An extreme example is the alien species known as the Vulcans, who had a violent past but learned to control their emotions. Roddenberry also gave Star Trek an anti-war message and depicted the United Federation of Planets as an ideal, optimistic version of the United Nations.[17] His efforts were opposed by the network because of concerns over marketability, e.g., they opposed Roddenberry's insistence that Enterprise have a racially diverse crew.[18]

Yes it was quite a lot too handle for the masses. But then again this was the 1960's. Although really I watched the show more from daily reruns in the 1970's when I was a teen. Some like I, could make the quantum leaps while most remained, sadly, Earth-bound and clinging to their dogmas.

Yes its too bad so many missed the purports of the most important era mainly the 1960's. Even more too bad we have to tolerate the same issues and people that refuse to educate themselves from history and logic and thus remain so Earth-bound and stuck in their pre-1960's Vortex

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/26/22 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by wormfood
Wrong engine room!

I don't think there was a set of the original ship for them to work with during that time. Since it was a commercial they had to work with what was available at the time.

U r correct, Sir.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/01/22 04:45 AM

Another ad!

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/27/22 01:46 AM

Starship Captain has good work benefits

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdaP9b7V/

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/31/22 06:52 AM

Good commercials. Movie wasn't.

Show too much!

Show too much!

I think the whale lady was cute

\Shatner directing is why this FAI?

Best commercial of a Star Trek movie

Show too much again!

Shatner must had demanded another Kirk paycheck.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/31/22 10:34 AM

YAWN.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 05/07/22 07:47 AM

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 05/09/22 10:44 AM

The period between the cancellation of ST: TOS and the filming of ST: TMP were VERY lean years for Shatner so he took whatever work he could get.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 10/06/22 11:17 PM

Spock on old show

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 10/23/22 11:03 AM

Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 10/23/22 03:25 PM

I thought Shatner was great in "Judgment at Nuremberg".

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 10/23/22 04:19 PM

The only time I can remember Shatner playing a negative character is the movie "Sole Survivor" (1970). Good movie (a TV movie I think).

Oh, aside from the various TV cop dramas of course, Columbo etc.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 10/23/22 04:39 PM

This is good https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080997/

(first 15 seconds is very loud)

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 10/23/22 09:57 PM

It would be very odd indeed for me to see Shatner playing a villain/antagonist. I remember how awkward it was for me to see Harrison Ford playing a villain in "What Lies Beneath". As far as I know that's the only time he played a villian in a movie.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 11/05/22 10:03 PM

Kirk joins the circus

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 11/11/22 12:35 AM

I have not watch this series

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 01/15/23 03:29 AM

Lucas's face!

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 01/15/23 03:44 PM

Shatner will be turning 92 this year and he’s not shown any indication of slowing down. The guy definitely lucked out with genetics.
Posted By: Spidey

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 01/18/23 02:35 AM

Come on...is there anything more awesome than this...

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 01/18/23 03:21 AM

Not sure why these came up in my recommended list but here we are.

This rather catchy tune from Leonard Nimoy...

And of course something over the top from the Great Shat himself...

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/14/23 10:11 AM

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/14/23 11:33 AM

I saw this when it originally aired. One of the greatest SNL sketches ever made IMHO.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/02/23 01:52 PM

Captain Kirk says he is Canadian

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/02/23 01:56 PM

Well he IS Canadian. He was born in Montreal.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/02/23 03:52 PM

FR? He is not American, born in Iowa?
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/03/23 04:25 AM

I watched some of these videos again and they are pretty darn funny. biggrin Nics thread, NFB. cheers

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/03/23 07:58 AM

You are welcome, Mark.

Has Kirk ever be comedic in Star Trek TV show?

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/03/23 10:01 AM

You are welcome, Mark.

Has Kirk ever be comedic in Star Trek TV show?

There were numerous closing scenes in the Original series that were humorous, usually with some dialog between Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/03/23 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4

There were numerous closing scenes in the Original series that were humorous, usually with some dialog between Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

There was also some unintentional comedy like his acting performance in "Turnabout Intruder".

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/12/23 04:20 PM

Not Kirk!

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/...th-leonard-nimoy-documentary-1235548320/

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/12/23 05:06 PM

Shatner in an interview states the obvious for a 90+ year old human, that he won't live forever, and numerous stories pop up proclaiming "Shatner Dying!" hyperbolic headlines

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/12/23 05:19 PM

When he passes, his ashes should be taken to the new NASA moon outpost https://www.nasa.gov/specials/artemis/ or on the space station. The first spacecraft carrying hoomans to Mars oughta be named the U.S.S. James T. Kirk.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/12/23 10:00 PM

Shatner in an interview states the obvious for a 90+ year old human, that he won't live forever, and numerous stories pop up proclaiming "Shatner Dying!" hyperbolic headlines

+1

The 1990's trash talk shows like Jerry Springer eventually evolved into today's click-bait internet fluff articles.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/29/23 02:58 AM

Kirk not good at show games https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7yi3an

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 04/01/23 09:28 PM

Kirk not good at show games https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7yi3an

A far cry from James Woods who totally blew away his competitors when he was on Celebrity Jepoardy back in the mid 90's.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 07/11/23 12:58 PM

This is hilarious

Star Trek red shirts deaths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Sux5JaZ2M

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 08/23/23 10:09 PM

Shatner Loblaws supermarket commercials 1970s

https://youtu.be/I3Kh8Pii0p4?si=H_MIPWnT2EdLK4gp

https://youtu.be/UEdWoB8OhAI?si=OIk4NyirIYtsS_Tn

https://youtu.be/YpMwAJR6BeQ?si=iI3nghaKinhs4iQC

Never heard of Loblaws. But I never been to Canada so par my ignorance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loblaws

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 08/24/23 12:56 AM

New Star Trek the video game trailer featuring William Shatner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hnBp7x2QAE

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 08/24/23 01:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooq4fbkTpvg

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 08/24/23 04:44 AM

Thank you worm and F4U. First time I seen those.

I wonder if that Star Trek game was any good.

Conan cannot name all the Captains. He didn't study before the interview?

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 08/24/23 10:25 AM

Conan cannot name all the Captains. He didn't study before the interview?

He's a comedian. It would have been a lot less funny if he had remembered them all.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 12/14/23 05:06 PM

Captain Kirk had a brother?

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 12/14/23 05:20 PM

In the JJ Abrams Trek universe he did.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 12/14/23 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

In the TOS universe too.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 12/14/23 05:35 PM

In the TOS universe too.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. There's that season 1 TOS episode where Kirk finds his dead brother at some colony that was overrun by some flying parasites.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 12/16/23 11:35 PM

Each time I see the Reliant in Wrath of Khan, I always had a familiar feeling I have seen that ship before.

Now I know!!

That Reliant is a tough little ship

Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 12/25/23 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Dart
he was lead on two TV shows,

Actually 3!

ST: TOS
TJ Hooker
Boston Legal

Even more.
  • S#*! my Dad says - One season and 18 episodes. (2010-2011)
    (The show was actually pretty good but the network got cold feet over the premise and cancelled.)
  • Boston Legal - Five seasons and 101 episodes (2004-2008)
  • A Twist in the tale - One season and 15 episodes (1999)
    (He was the Narrator/Story Teller character in each episode)
  • Tek War - Two seasons and 18 episodes (1994-1996)
  • Rescue 911 - Seven seasons and 186 episodes (1989-1996)
    (He was the host and billed as himself)
  • T.J. Hooker - Five seasons and 90 episodes (1982-1986)
  • Barbary Coast - One season and 14 episodes (1975-1976)
  • Star Trek: The Animated Series - Two seasons and 22 episodes (1973-1975)
  • Star Trek: TOS - Three seasons and 79 episodes (1966-1969)
  • For The People - One season and 13 episodes (1965)

Wheels

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 12/26/23 11:41 AM

Wow. A lot of totally forgotten shows on that list wheels!
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 12/26/23 04:23 PM

Wow. A lot of totally forgotten shows on that list wheels!

Which is why, at least to me, with the number of cameos he did plus those series it seemed like Shatner was ALWAYS on TV.

Wheels

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 01/02/24 09:13 PM

Haha

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/05/24 11:22 PM

Coming 3/22 which is Shatner's 93 birthday

100% fresh tomato https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/william_shatner_you_can_call_me_bill

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/06/24 11:33 AM

A friend of mine saw Shatner at his Wrath of Khan viewing/Q&A tour and he had a great time. He said Bill has an incredible amount of energy and memory recall for someone his age.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/06/24 12:08 PM

A friend of mine saw Shatner at his Wrath of Khan viewing/Q&A tour and he had a great time. He said Bill has an incredible amount of energy and memory recall for someone his age.

I've never had any inclination to go to a "comic-con" but Shatner is going to be at one, for the first time ever, about 15 miles from me in a couple of months. So I considered it, the man is an icon after all. Then I looked at the cost of getting in, getting to meet him etc. All told north of $100. Sorry, no. Would have been cool to shake Captain Kirk's hand though.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/06/24 04:54 PM

I've never had any inclination to go to a "comic-con" but Shatner is going to be at one, for the first time ever, about 15 miles from me in a couple of months. So I considered it, the man is an icon after all. Then I looked at the cost of getting in, getting to meet him etc. All told north of $100. Sorry, no. Would have been cool to shake Captain Kirk's hand though.

That's a bit steep. Although, probably average. I'm a cheapskate for things like that.

I did get to see him at a Star Trek convention in the mid 90s. He had tons of energy back then and had some fun stories from back in the day.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 02/06/24 05:51 PM

Keep in mind that most live events like concerts, conventions and such are still trying to recoup the revenue lost from the COVID lockdowns. That is a significant factor behind the price hikes.

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/16/24 09:36 PM

More ancient TV with Kirk

Re: Captain Kirk videos - 03/23/24 03:34 AM

Happy Birthday. He is 93 today

His secret to long life https://www.today.com/health/men-s-health/william-shatner-health-rcna144431

He can do another 5 year mission boldly going where no 93 years old has gone before

© 2024 SimHQ Forums