homepage

Please put a name on this gun? Thank you!

Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 01:41 PM

If price is not crazy high, I like to buy it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thank you.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 01:58 PM

Beretta Px4 Compact Inox.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 02:00 PM

How about George thumbsup

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 02:05 PM

Thank you Crane. https://www.guncritic.com/product/b...px4-storm-compact-inox-9mm-luger-pistol/

Don't guns have girls' names, KRT?
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 02:19 PM

Depends on the Caliber..
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
Depends on the Caliber..

Depends on what you're into.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 03:20 PM

I've got a spud gun somewhere that you can have... you'd be safer with that.
Posted By: DBond

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 03:21 PM

NFB armed?

Bunker time.

I suggest NOT buying a firearm.
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy

Will it fit in your mouth ?...........I kid, I kid. You don't bother me as much as you do some here.
Posted By: Allen

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/24/22 11:02 PM

Looks nice. But, just out of my interest, what about it has you interested?

FWIW: I was recently toying with the idea of something compact with factory installed laser -- may not actually purchase. One possibility had similarity to your selection.

FWIW Mine: Smith & Wesson M&P Shield M2.0 Semi-Auto 9mm Pistol with Crimson Trace Laser Sight $529.99 locally. (first picture)

FWIW Yours: Beretta® PX4 Storm Sub-Compact Semi-Auto 9mm Pistol $569.99 locally. (second picture)

FWIW My Current Compact (i've got time to kill tonight smile ): Walther PPK/S Semi-Auto Pistol in Stainless Steel $799.99 locally -- not fired in years. (third picture)

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-01-24 175533.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot 2022-01-24 182227.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot 2022-01-24 193323.jpg
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/25/22 11:11 AM

Slide mounted thumb safeties that have to be pushed up to be disengaged strike me as a poor design choice for a defense handgun.

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/25/22 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Allen

Looks nice. But, just out of my interest, what about it has you interested?

FWIW My Current Compact (i've got time to kill tonight smile ): Walther PPK/S Semi-Auto Pistol in Stainless Steel $799.99 locally -- not fired in years. (third picture)

The shape of it got me interested.

That James Bond gun is nice.

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/25/22 01:24 PM

Looks right and feels right matters to me. So, I agree with your reason.

I started with a .22 cal Walther PPS version (with extended barrel) for "target". Then got one in .380 (shown) and an "air gun" version for basement practice -- for the fun of it smile

But, I haven't fired in so long, I think a laser sight would be "functional" in a serious use situation.

Its very unlikely I'd ever need it, but I have had two houses broken into. Once while at home -- that one I acted tough (pretended to be armed) and they left in seconds. Now, I am armed. I'd hope just pointing the laser light would perhaps "defuse" the next situation with no-one hurt -- if not, it would make my "unpracticed aim" better.
Posted By: Bill_Grant

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/25/22 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
Slide mounted thumb safeties that have to be pushed up to be disengaged strike me as a poor design choice for a defense handgun.

THIS!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: 33lima

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/25/22 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut

Well I carried a Glock 17 as a police issue handgun (and home defense weapon, when off duty) and despite it being SOP, I refused to carry one up the spout, in a weapon without a 'proper' safety catch. Come to think of it, ditto for my safety catch-equipped previous personal weapon, a Walther PP. And yes I know the story about that weapon and Princess Anne's bodyguard, but having inherited the practice from Army days I was used to the drill that I had to rack the slide and check safety off, in the Walther) before using (if ever having to use) the weapon...and could be more confident in its safety, the rest of the time.

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/25/22 03:24 PM

Yes, I'm a "safety first" person. The chances of an accident are greater than the chances of a serious use, in my use case.

Anyhow, I pulled the trigger. Not the pistol shown above but close. Full size for surer handling as a home defense item -- and lots of safeties smile

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-01-25 101940.jpg
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/25/22 03:58 PM

I'd get the decock only model if I had to get a Beretta with slide mounted controls.
Posted By: Chef

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/25/22 10:15 PM

Based on the second pic I'd nickname it "The Frenchie".
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/26/22 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Chef
Based on the second pic I'd nickname it "The Frenchie".

biggrin
Posted By: carrick58

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/27/22 12:47 AM

My 2 cents: Pick up a used Walther Police Pistol in 380 non laser under 300.00 or a Besa Thunder or Ruger LCP high capacity in 380 ( 9mm short with laser sights.

As for me I gotta get hold of these:

Attached picture Bad-Idea-GIF-03_16_18-14-gun-funny-copy.gif
Attached picture indexLong Gun.jpg
Attached picture indexMG.jpg
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/27/22 01:09 AM

Got two of those three. Had the revolver but gave it to a cop friend as a gift.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/27/22 03:30 AM

I'm not an expert by any means, but I love my Ruger LCR 357. NFB, if your looking for your first gun, I think that would be a good choice.

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/27/22 01:26 PM

The moving picture of the woman shooting -- big kickback -- reminds me of when I was 5 or 6 years old.

My father let me shoot his 45 auto for the first time. I one hand aimed it at a tree in the woods. Fired. When done kicking, the 45 was pointing straight up to the sky. One shot was enough for me that day. That one "sticks with me" smile

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/27/22 01:57 PM

Hmmm. The S&W I ordered (post above) has the non-laser sight version (with place for laser) marked down from $499.99 to $449.99 and at my local store for pickup today.

I have an unused pistol laser sight in my "trove". Hmmm. Nah, I'll stick with the factory installed version. smile

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/28/22 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
I'm not an expert by any means, but I love my Ruger LCR 357. NFB, if your looking for your first gun, I think that would be a good choice.

$829??? Only 5 shots? Aren't wheel guns 6 shots? https://ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5450.html
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/28/22 03:45 PM

$829??? Only 5 shots? Aren't wheel guns 6 shots? https://ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5450.html

Depends on the size of the frame and caliber of the round.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/28/22 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by wormfood

Depends on the size of the frame and caliber of the round.

Wow. I paid less than half that for mine years ago. If you want six shots I can recommend a Ruger SP100.

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 01/31/22 10:28 PM

Got the pistol -- noted above. Feels excellent. Good grip shape/angle -- aims "naturally" with easy to see iron sights. Easy slide operation (an advertised feature). Downward thumb safety on both sides. The laser turns on automatically when grip button depressed. Easy to pull & quickly aim in dim light (the possible, though unlikely, serious use case). Quickest most natural pistol I own (I'm sure some here have better -- but, I'm happy).

Not fired, by me, yet.

Downside: Got it home from the pickup point and inspected more thoroughly (in and out). It may have been a returned item from a previous customer (bought, fired, returned). Checking that out with the Nationally known Vendor who shipped it to the pickup point. I don't want to pay full price for a "used gun" -- if it is used.

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-01-25 101838.jpg

Re: Please put a name on this gun? Thank you! - 02/01/22 09:58 PM

We resolved the "Downside" on the pistol. I got the last such pistol in the USA -- at least from this National Chain smile

The analysis of the situation they provided seemed very up front and honest. Its "new" but had seen a lot of hands in the store where it was shipped from (to my store). One of the "extra" items in the package is actually a no cost bonus to me due to the State laws where it was shipped from. The explanation they provided was the direction my mind had headed already -- so, it was easy to accept.

Though they do not normally accept firearm returns -- they offered to take it back.

I'm keeping it. They are placating me with a partial refund -- I am placated.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums